Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

liverpool will be in admin in 9 days

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:09 pm

could liverpool be the first really big club to go through? rbs have set a deadline for there loan to be repaid 9 days time,hicks /gillete want more money and dont want to sell to the new buyers ,could they be another pompey :?:

Re: liverpool will be in admin in 9 days

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:14 pm

wez 1927 wrote:could liverpool be the first really big club to go through? rbs have set a deadline for there loan to be repaid 9 days time,hicks /gillete want more money and dont want to sell to the new buyers ,could they be another pompey :?:

there will be the mother of all protests if this happened :lol:

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:26 pm

As much as I pray for this to come true, it won't.... they'll will be someone looking to invest, I'm just glad it's not an ultra minted Arab or Russian....

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:45 pm

Aren't they getting bought out by the Boston consortium?

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:56 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Aren't they getting bought out by the Boston consortium?

be having a bit of a tea party to celebrate :lol:

owners of the Redsocks aint they ?

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:57 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Aren't they getting bought out by the Boston consortium?

be having a bit of a tea party to celebrate :lol:

owners of the Redsocks aint they ?

I've heard they are. Not a great track record buying soccerball clubs over here, the yanks, have they?

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:08 pm

I was speaking to my someone today who has a box at Anfield and knows some of the Liverpool hierachy.

It sounds as though one of either Hicks/Gillette is in trouble financially and needs to get a lot more than what is being offered - to save himself from personal ruin. The amount being offered, from what has been suggested, will just cover his UK debts however once the asset (that is Liverpool FC) is gone then the leverage against US debts will no longer be there to protect against monthly repayments in the US.

RBS who have a charge on the club effectively want to recover whatever they can - even if its at a slight loss.

There are many Liverpool supports who have suggested that they should take the 9pts deduction and go into Administration - put the Yanks in the Sh1t - and finish mid table. Effectively getting their own back on the yanks, regrouping next year and going forward from there.

Not saying I agree or disagree but some interesting thoughts....

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:53 pm

wez 1927 wrote:could liverpool be the first really big club to go through? rbs have set a deadline for there loan to be repaid 9 days time,hicks /gillete want more money and dont want to sell to the new buyers ,could they be another pompey :?:

Brilliant we can take Gerrard and Carragher off their hands to help them out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:09 pm

Lets hope they go out of business, fekin hate the scouse tw@ts :evil: