Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC Shirts for an orphanage in Kenya

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Hiya guys

I'm trying to spread the love of the Bluebirds further afield..... I've sent a note tro Tracy Shepherd at the club but have yet to receive a response....any helpers please

On the 26th November I will be travelling to an orphanage in Kenya with some friends and colleagues to help build a house, install a solar power system, install some laptops, provide training at the school and assist in educating some of the elders of the Community. The majority of the adults have died from HIV so livi...ng elderly adults (our nanas and bampas (nan and gramps) are left to support the kids as best they can with little to no income. Many people die from malaria and diseases caused by chronic malnutrition. Current statistics show the situation is still dire – 1 in 9 children die before their 5th birthday, average life expectancy in rural Kenya is 49. I'm going out there to try to help a charity and to give those children some sort of hope. Within the orphanage and school, education can provide that hope and access to the knowledge via the internet is what we are planning to deliver by installing a solar panel system. I know times are tight and I know people are constantly asking for money but if you could help in any way I'd be grateful.As Hope and Kindness have minimal costs (less than 1p in the pound) any money you donate will go straight to the orphanage and school. £250 will buy a house, £48 will feed a family for 2 months and £19 a month provides a child with meals, education, uniform and learning materials. I'll be blogging and capturing my experience on video and camera. If you can help thank you. ♥ I'm also planning a sponsored silence which you know for me will be difficult to say the least. http://www.justgiving.com/CiscoHopeandKindness

Diolch, Nos da but more importantly Bloooooooooooooooooobirds <3 x x x :ayatollah:

Re: CCFC Shirts for an orphanage in Kenya

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:39 pm

I contacted TG about signed memorabilia for a charity auction, obviously with him being based in Malaysia he could not sort it for me personally however he passed on my request to Gethin.
After not getting a response from Gethin I contacted TG again and I received a email from Katyann Owens who sorted me out, so maybe you should drop her an email at katyann.owens@cardiffcityfc.co.uk

Hope this is of use to you

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Good luck, just donated. Hope everyone else joins in now!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Nice work Helen :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Thanks so much guys I really appreciate it with love and hugs H x :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Perhaps the mods could make this a sticky for you Helen? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:10 am

great work helen, hopefully you get plenty of support :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:09 am

Hi helen if you go to this website and pick 2 shirts of your choice from the value range (which are all the shirts at £14.99)i will pay for them. simply contact us thru the site explaining who you are and what shirt/size you want and ill sort it for you.

http://www.retrofootyshirt.co.uk/

hope this goes some way to putting a smile on a little childs face.....

retrofootyshirt team

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:38 am

100% BLUE wrote:Hi helen if you go to this website and pick 2 shirts of your choice from the value range (which are all the shirts at £14.99)i will pay for them. simply contact us thru the site explaining who you are and what shirt/size you want and ill sort it for you.

http://www.retrofootyshirt.co.uk/

hope this goes some way to putting a smile on a little childs face.....

retrofootyshirt team

Helen can u mesage me an address where I could drop off an old shirt or 2 ?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:23 am

Helen

I have a shirt or two (kids sizes)...if you are going to the Brizzle city game...let everyone know where you will be at say....11.30 (near ground) and people can just hand them over on their way in (you might need a big bag to carry the all !!!).

regards and great work

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:14 pm

guys thanks so much for the thoughts and offers. Sorry been lax on here to to Kenya planning and work Vintage 63 nice one! Chris_CCFC will email! Nickerino Sorry was at the game but been useless on here :-( hoping to be at Reading tomorrow work permitted otherwise email address is helenlthom@hotmail.com and I'll pick upo the postage. Still recovering from Sunday :-( we'll get there!