Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Now I know this is from football rumours

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:44 am

and most of the stuff on there is bullshit. However someone is saying we are signing Darren Gibson on loan in the next couple of days. I know we were trying to sign him on loan last January but it apparently fell through due to a certain Yorkshireman. Could there be an element of truth in this? I doubt it but it would be a fantastic short term signing.

Re: Now I know this is from football rumours

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:50 am

as much as it would be a fantastic signing, we have enough midfield players at the moment, with drinkwater returning to full fitness. We are also at our limit for loan signings (in terms of all of them being included in matchday squad), so if we were to sign another loan player then someone would have to miss out for that person to come in. I would like to see another striker brought in personally, maybe carl will have some info for us in tonights update.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:54 am

flashgordon2 wrote:as much as it would be a fantastic signing, we have enough midfield players at the moment, with drinkwater returning to full fitness. We are also at our limit for loan signings (in terms of all of them being included in matchday squad), so if we were to sign another loan player then someone would have to miss out for that person to come in. I would like to see another striker brought in personally, maybe carl will have some info for us in tonights update.

so how many loan signings have we made? and how many are allowed to play in any one game?

Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Am I correct in Saying we have 5 players on loan Bellamy, Drinkwater, Olofinjana, Koumas and Keogh i.e 4 are over 23 years of age and one under 23 years of age. Under current regulations we are unable to sign any more standard loan players as the window has closed however from memory the emergency loan window is still open until the fourth Thursday in November and there is no limit as to how many emergency loan signings can be made however only 5 signed loan players can be named per team sheet. I think it may be wise to get another midfielder in on an emergency loan especially as Koumas is well off the pace at the moment. Agreed also it would be nice to get another striker in as well.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:33 pm

I believe that as Drinkwater is under 21 we can therefore sign one more player on loan to bring the over 21's total up to 5.

StT.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:31 pm

he is class, really really good player, would love to see him come here

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Clubs can only name 5 loan players in a match day squad.
So if all loanees were fit 1 would be left out.