Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THURSDAY 7th OCTOBER UPDATE

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:34 pm

We have got positive news on our injured players, Michael Chopra is back in full training and is working very hard to get his fitness levels back up to where they were before he sustained the ankle injury against Doncaster. I think that Chops and some other players would benefit from a reserve game or a behind closed doors match to help regain his fitness.

City new boy Chris Riggott on Tuesday was rated as 1-2 weeks away from making the squad, that could be disappointing for Dave Jones if Riggott is not available for the Bristol game especially with Darcy Blake ruled out through suspension. Dave is pushing the medical staff at City to have everyone available as soon as possible.

Craig Bellamy's injury is ongoing and needs constant work, he is working a program he used last season at Man City which enabled him to play over 30 games for them. Will he play every game for City, of course not, so it is important that the medical team, coaching staff do everything to get as much as possible out of him without causing problems. Bellamy will play against Bristol City but I believe he will not play against Coventry on the Tuesday. Craig is on an intensive part of the program I mentioned earlier being monitored by his personal conditioning coach and this is the reason that he has not been able to join up with the Welsh squad for the upcoming qualifiers. If he had gone on International duty then we would have certainly had a lame player for the weeks/months ahead, nobody can question Bellamys commitment to Wales and he should be allowed to do what is right for his career.

The news regarding Danny Drinkwater is not so good, the thigh injury which caused him problems last season, continue to hinder his progress and the medical staff are not putting a return date on Danny because quite simply they do not know when he will be fit to return.

News which I am sure will please all City fans is that on Saturday in the dressing room at half time in Barnsley, Craig Bellamy went ' beserk ' at the team over the 1st half performance. When Craig was laying down the law to his team mates everyone listened including the management. Craig give the players straight talking no nonsense opinions on the performance and told the squad what he expects from each and every one of those players in that changing room.

This is the leadership that I feel we have missed for many years, Craig Bellamy has not stepped down to this level to just play for his beloved City, he has stepped down to achieve success in taking us to the Premier League and he is making sure that everyone around the squad works their hardest in achieving it.

There has been good news lately over players contracts but I am disappointed to hear that Adam Matthews contract talks have apperently stalled. When Peter Ridsdale was Chairman, Adam was told he would be rewarded with an improved contract if/when he reaches 25 appearences, Adam made the appearences and talks took place earlier in the year and I am reliably informed that Adam was 'fairly happy' with the offer and with a few minor tweaks the contract would have been finalised. But over the following months and the exit of Ridsdale talks ultimately were put on hold. The club need to act fast in my opinion if they want to keep hold of Adam Matthews or they could possibly lose an upcoming exciting young Welsh prospect for very little this January. Could Matthews be heading out of CCS this January ? I most certainly hope not ! But it is a case of watch this space.

As stated here on Tuesday, Bristol City played Swansea City in a behind closed doors game which ended 1-0 to the Jacks. This game was a request of Bristol City to help them in the preparation of their fixture versus ourselves. I had a contact go to the game on behalf of this forum to watch the game and here is a photo of the game that took place this afternoon.

Bristol.jpg

4 of our players are currently on International duty this week, Darcy Blake, Adam Matthews, Kevin McNaughton and Gabor Gypese and I hope that all of them get game time and get positive results but more importantly I hope that all 4 come back with no knocks or injuries, especially Kevin McNaughton who always seems to have the unfortunate luck of getting injured each time he receives a call up. Hopefully in the next round of internationals more City players will be involved in their Country's games.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: THURSDAY 7th OCTOBER UPDATE

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:37 pm

carlccfc wrote:
As stated here on Tuesday, Bristol City played Swansea City in a behind closed doors game which ended 0-0. This game was a request of Bristol City to help them in the preparation of their fixture versus ourselves. I had a contact go to the game on behalf of this forum to watch the game and here is a photo of the game that took place this afternoon.

You might want to sack your contact :lol:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:39 pm

Cheers as always for the update carl!! :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:40 pm

Cheers Carl, looks like Bristol City and Swansea got their usual attendance today :D

Disappointed about Drinkie though.

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
As stated here on Tuesday, Bristol City played Swansea City in a behind closed doors game which ended 0-0. This game was a request of Bristol City to help them in the preparation of their fixture versus ourselves. I had a contact go to the game on behalf of this forum to watch the game and here is a photo of the game that took place this afternoon.

NJ 73 you still havent answered my previous questions you got wrong, Ive pm you the other day,STILL NOT ANSWERED ??

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Why would I do that ?

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:41 pm

great update carl very interesting ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:42 pm

Cheers Carl. On the Adam Matthews situation, i said on here, just after DJ's public outburst of him, that that usually signals the end of a players career with the club, as far as DJ is concerned. I hope im wrong.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:43 pm

Carl have they appealed against darcy's red card and how long is the suspension :ayatollah:

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Why would I do that ?

It didn't finish 0-0!

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

NJ 73 you still havent answered my previous questions you got wrong, Ive pm you the other day,STILL NOT ANSWERED ??

Apologies I've only just logged in for the 1st time in a while. I'll take a look now.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Cheers Carl great update once again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:47 pm

NJ73 wrote:It didn't finish 0-0!

Maybe he went for a slash when Beattie scored for the Jacks but it weren't the most interesting game anyway :lol:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:49 pm

CityBlue1 wrote:Carl have they appealed against darcy's red card and how long is the suspension :ayatollah:

You cant appeal two yellows i am afraid mate. :oops: :D

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:54 pm

Thanks again for the update Carl, Bellamy is the type of personality we have lacked in the dressing room over the years.So with him on and off the pitch hopefully will push us on.

Gutted about Danny Drinkwater as i spoke to him at recent Ricky Tomlinson Dinner and he was confident he would be back in time for the wurzels. :(

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
CityBlue1 wrote:Carl have they appealed against darcy's red card and how long is the suspension :ayatollah:

You cant appeal two yellows i am afraid mate. :oops: :D

ok thanks mate :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Thanks Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:08 pm

We've been duped over H2O.
send him back.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Cheers Carl. Great to hear about Craig halftime reaction, obviously worked his magic. He use to do that from the age of 10 and up I use to play footy with him. Craig is world class and now a BLUEBIRD!! Thanks again for great and regular updates :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Thanks Carl. On the whole, promising.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:10 pm

carlccfc wrote:4 of our players are currently on International duty this week, Darcy Blake, Adam Matthews, Kevin McNaughton and Gabor Gypese

Andy Keogh is on international duty as well.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Its possible for bellers to play one half in each game if we are out of sight in the first half against the Shitheads!!

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:43 pm

So to sum it all up
We've borrowed 3 players
1-Bellemy Hopes to Play 30 games in a 46 game league
2 H2o hasn't got a clue when he'll be fit
3 Jason K is a shadow of the player he once was.
I'd say promotion is on a knife edge unless we managed to sign a few players,
who are dare I say it match fit.

Oh and then there’s Riggot.

The squad is still paper thin.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:53 pm

sleepwalker wrote:So to sum it all up
We've borrowed 3 players

Youve taken the words right out off my mouth.

Great update as usual Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:05 pm

sleepwalker wrote:So to sum it all up
We've borrowed 3 players

Just as well we've got OLI as well.

Keogh hasn't shown an awful lot yet either.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Ta carl mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:07 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Cheers Carl. On the Adam Matthews situation, i said on here, just after DJ's public outburst of him, that that usually signals the end of a players career with the club, as far as DJ is concerned. I hope im wrong.

I know exactly where you are coming from on that point....but I sincerely hope Adam is the exception to the rule. We cannot afford to let such a prodigy slip from our grasp, particularly if he were to move on at some stage....for nothing!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Cheers Carl. On the Adam Matthews situation, i said on here, just after DJ's public outburst of him, that that usually signals the end of a players career with the club, as far as DJ is concerned. I hope im wrong.

I know exactly where you are coming from on that point....but I sincerely hope Adam is the exception to the rule. We cannot afford to let such a prodigy slip from our grasp, particularly if he were to move on at some stage....for nothing!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Thats one of my major concerns with DJ, turns on to many players and never forgets .

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Sweet! :ayatollah: