Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THURSDAY 7th OCTOBER UPDATE

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:16 pm

ref matthws - don't forget he's got Baldwin as his agent. Same one as Ledley had.

Wouldn't be suprised if this is the real issue.

Either

a. City won't deal with him
b. He's hawking Matthews out to the best bidder.
c. He's shown him how much money Ledley is on and told him to sit tight.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:54 pm

great to hear about Bellamy, I think we are hearing about what other players may have disliked about him? your prem club players at Man City on 120k a week after multi million pound moves may not have appreciated it but here he has the respect and experience and quality to be able to say it and players know he means it. IMO he will become a very good manager in time but I dont think his first club will be city.

Rigott at the moment when injury free is like for like with Blake but has more quality so he would be ideal to come into CB....blake is a lot younger though remember so can learn from him.

Sad about Drinks, he is replaceable with Blake, McPhail or Koumas but he really was hitting some very very good form before his injury.

Mathhews one im not sure what to make of this, so man scenarios in my head....PR offered him a deal that was close, means little to me as we know what type of person PR is. I will be honest ive never and still dont rate matthews as highly as others, we hear about arsenal, spurs etc but no offer ive ever heard of? He is a better version of gunter to date (who I didnt rate at all), I can see the potential but that all as it stands.

Carl can Matthews leave for free end of the season? or talk to clubs in Jan? that would be a loss but I think the 4m PR talked about is nonsense. McNaughton would be more of a loss IMO

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:12 am

Carl do you think the signing of Drinkwater has been a huge mistake or a gamble that's backfired ? Jones needs to sign somebody to cover that position unless he sees Whitts or Koumas filling his boots there , Rae and Mc Phail have lost it and altho he tries Darcy isnt a midfielder plus Wildig is too lightweight and Taiwo is just average at best :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ps thanks for another great , knowledgable and in depth update 8-)

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:08 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Carl do you think the signing of Drinkwater has been a huge mistake or a gamble that's backfired ? Jones needs to sign somebody to cover that position unless he sees Whitts or Koumas filling his boots there , Rae and Mc Phail have lost it and altho he tries Darcy isnt a midfielder plus Wildig is too lightweight and Taiwo is just average at best :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ps thanks for another great , knowledgable and in depth update 8-)

Drinkwater was no gamble that backfired. He played over 30 games for Huddesrfield
last season. He was fit at the start of the season and was hitting brilliant form. If
there was some underlying problem with him then United should have told us.
I suspect he's just been desperatley unlucky, and so have we. He is capable of being
a vital part of our promotion drive!!

Brilliant that little bit about Bellamy Carl. I posted on here a week or so ago about his
spat with Gerrard at Liverpool where he had a right go at him for not picking up his
man. These arrogant overpaid tossers just wont take shit like that on the chin and will
usually spit the dummy out. When Craig Bellamy, top premiership and european striker
tells a Championship player to start pulling their weight... then they better start listening!!

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Lawnmower wrote:ref matthws - don't forget he's got Baldwin as his agent. Same one as Ledley had.

Wouldn't be suprised if this is the real issue.

Either

a. City won't deal with him
b. He's hawking Matthews out to the best bidder.
c. He's shown him how much money Ledley is on and told him to sit tight.

Good point, amybe thats why DJ is p!ssed with him ?????

Plus the fact he headed the ball in our own net and then on to Scotlands foot, to smack the other one in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:great to hear about Bellamy, I think we are hearing about what other players may have disliked about him? your prem club players at Man City on 120k a week after multi million pound moves may not have appreciated it but here he has the respect and experience and quality to be able to say it and players know he means it. IMO he will become a very good manager in time but I dont think his first club will be city.

Rigott at the moment when injury free is like for like with Blake but has more quality so he would be ideal to come into CB....blake is a lot younger though remember so can learn from him.

Sad about Drinks, he is replaceable with Blake, McPhail or Koumas but he really was hitting some very very good form before his injury.

Mathhews one im not sure what to make of this, so man scenarios in my head....PR offered him a deal that was close, means little to me as we know what type of person PR is. I will be honest ive never and still dont rate matthews as highly as others, we hear about arsenal, spurs etc but no offer ive ever heard of? He is a better version of gunter to date (who I didnt rate at all), I can see the potential but that all as it stands.

Carl can Matthews leave for free end of the season? or talk to clubs in Jan? that would be a loss but I think the 4m PR talked about is nonsense. McNaughton would be more of a loss IMO

Luke come January Chris Burke, Stephen McPhail, Adam Matthews, Jay Bothroyd and Gavin Rae can all talk to clubs in January, unless we sign them up.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Tell Gavin Rae he can talk to who ever he wants no fooker will be listening, you cant serioulsy think he will be offered a contract. :lol:

Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:16 am

carlccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:great to hear about Bellamy, I think we are hearing about what other players may have disliked about him? your prem club players at Man City on 120k a week after multi million pound moves may not have appreciated it but here he has the respect and experience and quality to be able to say it and players know he means it. IMO he will become a very good manager in time but I dont think his first club will be city.

Luke come January Chris Burke, Stephen McPhail, Adam Matthews, Jay Bothroyd and Gavin Rae can all talk to clubs in January, unless we sign them up.

We would be entitled to compensation for Matthews, but unless he gats more games then its hard to see us getting more than say £250k.

I'm not overly bothered about Rae, but would like to see the other 3 sign up.

Mcphail is an interesting one, with his recent illness and getting on for 30 now could we afford to give him more than another year. I think he will leave -maybe to Ipswich and maybe in Jan if we can get others in.

Burke I'd like to keep, but he's hot and cold.

Of course Bothroyd is the key one and it would be a travesty if he left - if we go up it won't be an issue I'm sure. He is one who could hack it in the Prem. If we miss out he might get an offer from a Bolton/Blackburn/Birmingham type club and i think we'll lose him.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:17 pm

:ayatollah: