A forum for all things Cardiff City

13 Managers we have had since Mr Tan took over

Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:52 pm

Current Poll on Erol Bulut
Link

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/view ... 2&t=237964

VINCENT TAN BOUGHT CARDIFF CITY MAY 2010:

13 MANAGERS:

Dave Jones ( already manager- 25th May 2011 )

Malky Mackay (June 2011 – December 2013)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (January 2014 – September 2014)

Danny Gabbidon / Scott Young ( Beginning September 2014 - October 2014 )

Russell Slade (October 2014 – May 2016)

Paul Trollope (May 2016 – October 2016)

Neil Warnock (October 2016 – November 2019)

Neil Harris (November 2019 – January 2021)

Mick McCarthy (January 2021 – October 2021)

Steve Morison (October 2021 – September 2022)

Mark Hudson (September 2022 – January 2023)

Sabri Lamouchi January 2023 - 16 May 2023.

Erol Bulut (3 June 2023 -ongoing)

and this in my opinion is the reason why we are in decline, there is no solid foundations constant hiring and firing managers that jus aint good enough. :shock: :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: managers we have had since mr tan took over

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:04 pm

Just goes to show my point that no manager since Malky and Russell Slade has lasted a year and look where all that chop and change has got us...?

Time to stand by an appointment and give him some leeway; the rest of this season at least and review come the season's end when his contract is up for debste/renew... :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:06 pm

This backs up my comment on the poll it

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:30 pm

snoopystorm wrote:This backs up my comment on the poll it

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:05 am

i think for me it shows how poor the recruitment has been, if any of those didnt get fired and got kept on do you really think they would of got us far ?

Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:05 am

The problem lies with our owner. The sooner he goes, the better. He’s like a tumour.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:43 am

Sven wrote:Just goes to show my point that no manager since Malky and Russell Slade has lasted a year and look where all that chop and change has got us...?

Time to stand by an appointment and give him some leeway; the rest of this season at least and review come the season's end when his contract is up for debste/renew... :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:53 am

I agree we done better than we thought first half season last 6 -7 games we been poor but bulut can turn it around give him time Norwich were in same situation as us when we played them last they had to beat us or they manager was in for the chop if he walks fair enough but don’t sack him

Re: Managers we have had since mr Tan took over

Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:39 am

13 Managers under Vincent Tan:

This has to stop.

But I really don’t know what to do about Erol Bulut?

If we Sack him now, once again we will be saying re-build, give the manager a season to get adjusted etc

I personally believe we have a better Squad than we have for the last 2-3 seasons.

Surely a Win away at Blackburn and at Home to Stoke, both very very ordinary teams.

Then decide after these two games, win keep him till at least end of season, lose both Sack him.

But will Tan / Dalman get better?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 13 Managers we have had since Mr Tan took over

Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:20 am

Reply:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:32 am

Whether anyone likes it or not, 2 premier league visits in that period is a measure of some success.

However, the strategy post last trip to the prem has been belt tightening; and the proof is in the pudding.

I voted Bulut out last night, this morning I feel different. Try giving him the freedom to build a team (within current financial allowances) for another 1 season. Survival in the championship being priority 1.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:52 am

I think there should be a manager window similar to players. The window could be before the players window. This would ensure owners did more research to get the right man/woman. It’s too easy to jump in and then get rid. Something has to happen :banghead: :banghead:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:02 am

Replies:

Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:20 am

Aside from Malky and Warnock none of those managers had modern day Championship management experience. Coincidentally the two managers who got us promoted.

You could argue Mick had experience but by the time we got him he’d been away from the championship for a long time.

It’s time to get someone to run the club who knows about football. Dalman and Tan are clearly clueless.

The

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:19 pm

theDelaney88 wrote:Aside from Malky and Warnock none of those managers had modern day Championship management experience. Coincidentally the two managers who got us promoted.

You could argue Mick had experience but by the time we got him he’d been away from the championship for a long time.

It’s time to get someone to run the club who knows about football. Dalman and Tan are clearly clueless.

The

Exactly we have to appoint a proven Championship Manager,Steve Cooper is the best available at present not a Manager with no previous experience! The same should have happened when we were in the Premier League,Warnock was excellent in the. Championship but has had no success in the Premier League. We have an inexperienced board so the Manager has also to act as the DOF so he must be experienced in the Championship!

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:31 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:
theDelaney88 wrote:Aside from Malky and Warnock none of those managers had modern day Championship management experience. Coincidentally the two managers who got us promoted.

The

Exactly we have to appoint a proven Championship Manager,Steve Cooper is the best available at present not a Manager with no previous experience! The same should have happened when we were in the Premier League,Warnock was excellent in the. Championship but has had no success in the Premier League. We have an inexperienced board so the Manager has also to act as the DOF so he must be experienced in the Championship!

Totally agree with post. Supporters would have been up with Warnock going- but that is why you have someone with a football brain to make these decisions.. We have lost so much money on poor players and managers over the years. A Director of football would have saved us millions. But we have part timers in charge who have no experience and ability.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:40 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:

The

Do we pay managers £30K a week?

Nottingham Forest have kept the faith in Steve Cooper since their promotion to the Premier League in 2022, with the Welshman successfully keeping them up at the end of last season. He is believed to be among the division's lowest earners with a salary of £1.5m per season, with his contract set to run until the summer of 2025.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... tball-news

Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:20 pm

These problems started when Tan should not have sacked Malky and got in OGS :roll:

Warnock is the only 1 who we can say got the job done - in that long list of managers .

Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:25 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:These problems started when Tan should not have sacked Malky and got in OGS :roll:

Warnock is the only 1 who we can say got the job done - in that long list of managers .

I feel jones should of been given a chance, especially with the kitty malky got this owner has only ever had warnock as a right choice manager.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:26 pm

kyle08 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:These problems started when Tan should not have sacked Malky and got in OGS :roll:

I feel jones should of been given a chance, especially with the kitty malky got this owner has only ever had warnock as a right choice manager.

I enjoyed the football under DJ - When Malky came here he had 9 or 10 players so had to rebuild .
The main money he got was in the Premier League not the Championship ...and Tan said he would back him before that season started ...and let all the other clubs know :(

Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:47 pm

kyle08 wrote:Current Poll on Erol Bulut
Link

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=237964

VINCENT TAN BOUGHT CARDIFF CITY MAY 2010:

13 MANAGERS:

Dave Jones ( already manager- 25th May 2011 )

Malky Mackay (June 2011 – December 2013)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (January 2014 – September 2014)

Danny Gabbidon / Scott Young ( Beginning September 2014 - October 2014 )

Russell Slade (October 2014 – May 2016)

Paul Trollope (May 2016 – October 2016)

Neil Warnock (October 2016 – November 2019)

Neil Harris (November 2019 – January 2021)

Mick McCarthy (January 2021 – October 2021)

Steve Morison (October 2021 – September 2022)

Mark Hudson (September 2022 – January 2023)

Sabri Lamouchi January 2023 - 16 May 2023.

Erol Bulut (3 June 2023 -ongoing)

and this in my opinion is the reason why we are in decline, there is no solid foundations constant hiring and firing managers that jus aint good enough. :shock: :shock:

How do we compare with Watford,I believe they had 4? in one season?