Re: “ MEHMET DALMAN SPEAKS ABOUT FINANCES / JANUARY WINDOW “

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:His answer to the last question doesn’t make any sense it full of contradictions

In one breath he says it’s up to us what we spend in the summer window but then says we can only stay within our limited budget :roll:

he should run for pm as he is very good at talking crap

Really...? :?

Or maybe he's just saying the budget will be better in the summer but still subject to some restrictions...?

In his words, (quote) "it comes down to our ability to create a budget in order to be able to spend in the market"

Does anyone really think we are going to spend £millions on transfers...?

Far more likely to chase better players at the end of their contracts and pay them decent money (for the Championship) as we do now... :ayatollah:

Nope we won't spend millions because this board are as ambitious and a goldfish. The club are never going anywhere with this board

Hmmmm, I think you are wrong. The way the game is run has changed and even more so on 1st February just gone (only 75% of revenue spent on player wages) so it may be our club is ahead of the game...?

I want to think there is a 'plan' but's just a thought and only time will tell. In the meantime, it's just personal thought; or maybe not...! :ayatollah:

sven, we always get told there is a plan but there never is the promotion with warnock was just down to how good he is at getting the best out of players other than that we have done nothing. We dont ever bring in proven quality managers its always ones we gamble on who buy rubbish season after season. i want to be wrong and this summer things change and we actually have a game plan and a bit of ambition, i just dont see it though i think he wants to sell up

Think it depends who is actually running the show dalman or Tan? Dalmans more likely to have a plan than tan... on face of it getting bulut showed dalman was thinking about having better manager than tans efforts over past 5 yrs or so ...

well at the start of the season i thought dalman was running it then tan showed up so im just not sure. what i do know is we need some sort of change because it aint great, its a tough watch for us all at the moment

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:51 pm

Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:His answer to the last question doesn’t make any sense it full of contradictions

In one breath he says it’s up to us what we spend in the summer window but then says we can only stay within our limited budget :roll:

Or maybe he's just saying the budget will be better in the summer but still subject to some restrictions...?

In his words, (quote) "it comes down to our ability to create a budget in order to be able to spend in the market"

Far more likely to chase better players at the end of their contracts and pay them decent money (for the Championship) as we do now... :ayatollah:

Nope we won't spend millions because this board are as ambitious and a goldfish. The club are never going anywhere with this board

I’m no fan of Tan, Dalman, Choo and the rest, but Tan has had his fingers burned by managers wasting millions. You do realise that don’t you?

Under Tan we have been in the PL twice, and wasted millions on mediocre players. Malky, Ole, Warnock all wasted a fortune on playing staff. Think before you post, Mr Moderator :thumbright: :thumbright:

I have already thought about what im posting, yes we spent a few million on players but you do realise the money you get for promotion right ? Plus most of thr big money players got sold back on for the same price.

Which ones?

im sure we only signed reid and murphy for 10 mill and reid i know we got our money back, and murphy, well we all know what happened with him ! the others where much smaller fees smithies, Cunningham, and Bacuna, where under 4 million each.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:57 pm

kyle08 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

Hmmmm, I think you are wrong. The way the game is run has changed and even more so on 1st February just gone (only 75% of revenue spent on player wages) so it may be our club is ahead of the game...?

I want to think there is a 'plan' but's just a thought and only time will tell. In the meantime, it's just personal thought; or maybe not...! :ayatollah:

sven, we always get told there is a plan but there never is the promotion with warnock was just down to how good he is at getting the best out of players other than that we have done nothing. We dont ever bring in proven quality managers its always ones we gamble on who buy rubbish season after season. i want to be wrong and this summer things change and we actually have a game plan and a bit of ambition, i just dont see it though i think he wants to sell up

Think it depends who is actually running the show dalman or Tan? Dalmans more likely to have a plan than tan... on face of it getting bulut showed dalman was thinking about having better manager than tans efforts over past 5 yrs or so ...

well at the start of the season i thought dalman was running it then tan showed up so im just not sure. what i do know is we need some sort of change because it aint great, its a tough watch for us all at the moment

It is and won't change this season at least... but got to give bulut benefit of doubt and hope he understands championship and way teams play and type of players required to make promotion chasing team.... as for dalman for some reason he attends most games when previously never saw him ? He's far from stupid snd he knows whats required and you'd think he will want his money back and obviously only one way to do that speculate to accumulate.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:01 pm

kyle08 wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

I’m no fan of Tan, Dalman, Choo and the rest, but Tan has had his fingers burned by managers wasting millions. You do realise that don’t you?

Under Tan we have been in the PL twice, and wasted millions on mediocre players. Malky, Ole, Warnock all wasted a fortune on playing staff. Think before you post, Mr Moderator :thumbright: :thumbright:

I have already thought about what im posting, yes we spent a few million on players but you do realise the money you get for promotion right ? Plus most of thr big money players got sold back on for the same price.

Which ones?

im sure we only signed reid and murphy for 10 mill and reid i know we got our money back, and murphy, well we all know what happened with him ! the others where much smaller fees smithies, Cunningham, and Bacuna, where under 4 million each.

So one then. Reid. Gary Mendel too we did ok on.

Both times in the prem we spent large amounts, going up the first time we spent lots (Cornelius a particular disaster) and coming back down first time spent lots on Ole’s disaster.

Tan had his hand on the till so he is to blame but he was let down by his managers as well especially Malky and Ole. At least with Warnock he didn’t go crazy.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:08 pm

Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

Which ones?

Both times in the prem we spent large amounts, going up the first time we spent lots (Cornelius a particular disaster) and coming back down first time spent lots on Ole’s disaster.

Tan had his hand on the till so he is to blame but he was let down by his managers as well especially Malky and Ole. At least with Warnock he didn’t go crazy.

What do you mean, "Tan had his hand in the till"...? :?

Who put the money in (with little thanks) from the beginning...?

I'm jyst asking a question because I don't know what happened to our finances but I do know you cannot suggedt the owner effectively 'stole' it...

That's just nonsense...! :roll:

Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

Which ones?

the most we ever spent was 40 million i can see online and that was our first promotion, we earned more from promotion and tv money im sure . either way its a shite show isnt it, two promotions and the board still seem clueless

Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

Which ones?

What do you mean, "Tan had his hand in the till"? :?

I'm just asking a question because I don't know what happened to our finances but I do know you cannot liberally suggest the owner effectively 'stole' it...

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

It is and won't change this season at least... but got to give bulut benefit of doubt and hope he understands championship and way teams play and type of players required to make promotion chasing team.... as for dalman for some reason he attends most games when previously never saw him ? He's far from stupid snd he knows whats required and you'd think he will want his money back and obviously only one way to do that speculate to accumulate.

this is my thoughts i didnt get it anywhere, but dalman seems to be borrowing lots of money to the club maybe hes going to do it untill he says to tan dont pay me back just give me the club ? i wounder how much hes borrowed the club in total

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:10 pm

Sven wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

Which ones?

I'm just asking a question because I don't know what happened to our finances but I do know you cannot suggedt the owner effectively 'stole' it...

Purse strings probably better.

I’m not insinuating he stole money. It was his money he put in.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:13 pm

kyle08 wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

Which ones?

the most we ever spent was 40 million i can see online and that was our first promotion, we earned more from promotion and tv money im sure . either way its a shite show isnt it, two promotions and the board still seem clueless

50 odd million first promotion to the prem after spending 15 getting up, then another 20 after we came down. All when that was a lot of money. Malky and Ole left us nothing but large wage bill and a bloated squad to show for it.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:17 pm

Tanmustgo wrote:
Sven wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:So one then. Reid. Gary Mendel too we did ok on.

I'm just asking a question because I don't know what happened to our finances but I do know you cannot suggedt the owner effectively 'stole' it...

You said (quote) he "had his hand in the till" and that's simply an untruth no matter which side of the divide any person is on... :roll:

Keep it real if you and your directly-pointed name want credibility...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:22 pm

Sven wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
Sven wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

You said (quote) he "had his hand in the till" and that's simply an untruth no matter which side of the divide any person is on... :roll:

Keep it real if you and your directly-pointed name want credibility...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Read it properly if you are going to quote me!!!

Says hands on the till not in the till.

Totally different meanings. He was the money man and controlled the till.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:30 pm

kyle08 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

this is my thoughts i didnt get it anywhere, but dalman seems to be borrowing lots of money to the club maybe hes going to do it untill he says to tan dont pay me back just give me the club ? i wounder how much hes borrowed the club in total

That's a very good pheory but that would leave dalman in same situation tan is in now owed money by club ? Only thing is he may sell up if he can make a profit? Suspect dalman is more estute than tan when it comes to selling football club

Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:15 am

Tanmustgo wrote:
Sven wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
Sven wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

Read it properly if you are going to quote me!!!

Says hands on the till not in the till.

Totally different meanings. He was the money man and controlled the till.

Fair enough and apologies for the mis-read... :thumbup:

But you need to understand (love him or loathe him) he has put a lot of money into this club and no matter how poorly we think some of it is spent, gets little or no appreciation and the blame for anything and everything...

I certainly know how I'd react if I saved a business from going bust, refinanced it, took it to another level (alas only for a brief moment) and was then villified for a mistake I made but rectified...

Gratitude, eh...? ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:27 am

I find every time he opens his mouth, he just contradicts himself. The last part about the sixth highest had me laughing.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:43 am

BaltimoreBlues wrote:I find every time he opens his mouth, he just contradicts himself. The last part about the sixth highest had me laughing.

I agree (and have discussed at length with others on this Forum) that he (Mehmet) is a politician in all but name; but it is his name on the line on this one and his words will either be correct or to hisdirect detriment...

I'm not sure what is going on but I know people who have a pretty good idea and they will be gunning for him (so to speak) if his words turn out to be temporary claming ones and not adhered to...

Watching carefully...! :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:51 am

Well, I personally will not listen to another word the Politician has to say.
Fooled me / got me before this season started, never again.
You don’t know what to believe or not believe with him.

I gave Dalman a chance and regretted it once again, Dalmans own manager Bulut has spoken up against the board on numerous occasions, does not sound that all has been ok and promises never materialised.

I just will say this I do know he’s lent our club £30mill at interest and I do know he himself brought in Ole and Bulut.

I do know he was going to jump ship and takeover Charlton Football Club.

And one minute he will praise Tan and next minute take the mick out of him.

If it all looks so positive after nearly 15 years, then how come we are more in debt and once again I’m a worse league position.

Plus why have we so much dead wood once again in our squad.

My View you have to be a fool to believe any Politician.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:11 am

I can tell you now you can make your FFP which ever way you want to, to suit your own situation.

Bulut was very strong about his targets and he believed he was getting them, if you look back to Bulut words end of December right up to the middle of January, he was saying suffuse was not hearing from the board, they had gone suddenly silent when it really mattered.

Then this month we were told suddenly Our Board 3 days before Transfer deadline, warned about spending????
Yet we suddenly brought in players then :lol:

I don’t believe anything Dalman says NO more or his spokesman or the local media if he has spoken to them.

SJ: Erol Bulut appeared to suggest in one of his press conferences that the financial goalposts moved late on in the window and that affected what deals you could get over the line. Can you explain what he was referring to?

MD: There were two points that Erol made. The first one was that he wanted players in the first week of January, not in the last week of January. We all did, but they were not available. We approached Bournemouth about Kieffer Moore in December and he wasn’t the only player we approached in December. The club wanted us to match their salary, but that is £40-50,000-per-week. If we could, we would have. I understand he went to Ipswich on that sort of salary.

The second point relates to the way the EFL operates. You submit a budget and they decide whether its realistic or not. We put in what we considered a realistic budget around Christmas and they took the view that it wasn’t. It needed to be refined and it took time to refine it. We submitted a revised version mid-January and reached a conclusion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:13 am

SO DALMAN SAYS WE HAVE HAD 2 VERY GOOD TRANSFER WINDOWS UNDER BULUT??

Well I wonder if Bulut feels the same if so then he will def not be given a New contract this June, as The Board will feel Bulut has failed badly:

SJ: Erol stated his desire for six new arrivals and credit to the club, they delivered in that regard. It went down to the wire in the end, but were the club always confident that they would secure their targets? It’s safe to say that panic had well and truly set in by that point!

MD: I think we’ve had two very good windows with Erol on board. I think the summer window was one of the best windows we’ve ever had, with the EFL handcuffs we had. We got quality players in Dimitrios Goutas and Manolis Siopis, for example. In January, we didn’t panic. We had targets, but they were evolving.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:36 am

Well I'm struggling to believe all about this budget he goes on about. So I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say its all true, that being we had last minute changes to it.

My real grip now is why was this not sorted out before the window opened?

Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 am

Replies:

Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 am

Reply:

Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:31 am

kyle08 wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Sven wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

Which ones?

Kyle,

Two promotions from two great managers, we need these type of managers, proven, experience and want to go places.
Two dreadful relegations , followed by years of struggling.

Plus don’t forget we had massive amounts of parachute payments over 6 years after the promotions.

Our debt is still there and our squad is not worth much and on the pitch we are dreadful and our fanbase is fed up.

Our Accademy under Chesterfield and Purse is in free fall.

So we have to be honest, after 14 years we are not moving forward.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:36 pm

Replies:

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:19 pm

Because they haven’t been able to pay transfer fees/Loan feels and signing on fees?

So they have topped up the wages. Someone like Grant on loan who cost WBA 15m isn’t going to be on small wages. I guess Goutas and Siopis similar

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:35 pm

Replies :

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:36 pm

Replies :

Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:35 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=238050

Hmmmmmm

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:27 pm

Replies:

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:28 pm

Reply :