Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

£400m are they worth it?

Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:13 pm

Is brentford worth £400m valuation? Brentfords owner is willing to sell part of his shares in club and its been valued at this price after just 2yrs in premier league! .... what makes brentford worth this staggering amount??

Re: £400m are they worth it?

Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:22 pm

If you've got £400m to spend don't waste it on a tiny club like Brentford.

Come to the mighty Bluebirds where fans always love the owner and turn up in tens of thousands every week.

Vinny only looking for a fraction of that amount to sling his hook leaving plenty of readies to buy a few players who can actually score a goal and maybe a manager who has a vague idea what he's doing.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:55 pm

davids wrote:If you've got £400m to spend don't waste it on a tiny club like Brentford.

Come to the mighty Bluebirds where fans always love the owner and turn up in tens of thousands every week.

Vinny only looking for a fraction of that amount to sling his hook leaving plenty of readies to buy a few players who can actually score a goal and maybe a manager who has a vague idea what he's doing.

Far better project than brentford? They like other clubs of similar size rely on tv money and player sales to keep head above water... oh and decent manager! Will say they are in forefront when it comes to buying players as they use anylictical stats to get the most suitable players for their team been doing it for around 9years... main problem is no room for growth stadium wedged in tight space plenty of rivals short distance away....... not sure what their opportunities to expand as a club are given theses factors.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:21 pm

One of their players is valued at 50-75Million (depends what report you read) on his own.

Plus the brand new stadium & land that its on.

Would I pay £400M for Brentford.... absolutely not. But I don't think it's too far off for a prem club with new ground, in London. Stock is at an all time high.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:28 pm

SB 1927 wrote:One of their players is valued at 50-75Million (depends what report you read) on his own.

Would I pay £400M for Brentford.... absolutely not. But I don't think it's too far off for a prem club with new ground, in London. Stock is at an all time high.

It's a community stadium so has no value to buyer bit like ccs? Does buying price include squad value? Like say I wouldn't pay £400m as not sure of long term value in relation to investment payed.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:44 pm

A percentage of that value can be attributed to location. Any club with access to the megatropolis of London can attract more investment.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:48 pm

SB 1927 wrote:One of their players is valued at 50-75Million (depends what report you read) on his own.

Ivan Toney? Just a poundland Kion Etete.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:00 pm

Good location, look set to be a premier club for quite a while.

I don't think they are far of that price.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:46 pm

When you consider that Ratcliffe has just paid £1.25bn for only a 27.7% share in Manchester United, that price for the majority of Brentford seems fair.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:57 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:When you consider that Ratcliffe has just paid £1.25bn for only a 27.7% share in Manchester United, that price for the majority of Brentford seems fair.

Ned utd have worldwide marketing value... what value brentford commercially outside brentford? As far as I see brentfords only value is fact in premier league if drop out and be worth 2 pennies? Is owners rationale for selling due to fact they are dropping off at present and knows relegation is a possibility in next couple of seasons as he cannot spend the millions required to be competitive in premier league?

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:06 pm

£400m nah take your money to Torquay they just gome into administration .
Nice little place by the sea.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:When you consider that Ratcliffe has just paid £1.25bn for only a 27.7% share in Manchester United, that price for the majority of Brentford seems fair.

Ned utd have worldwide marketing value... what value brentford commercially outside brentford? As far as I see brentfords only value is fact in premier league if drop out and be worth 2 pennies? Is owners rationale for selling due to fact they are dropping off at present and knows relegation is a possibility in next couple of seasons as he cannot spend the millions required to be competitive in premier league?

Whilst it’s true that they have worldwide marketing value, Jim Ratcliffe only has a minority stake for a huge amount of money so not sure he’ll see the benefit of that? More likely to benefit the Glazers.

Would also say there are US investors who would invest in any PL club. This has been proven at a club as small as Bournemouth, they have US ownership.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:40 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Whilst it’s true that they have worldwide marketing value, Jim Ratcliffe only has a minority stake for a huge amount of money so not sure he’ll see the benefit of that? More likely to benefit the Glazers.

Would also say there are US investors who would invest in any PL club. This has been proven at a club as small as Bournemouth, they have US ownership.

Think Radcliffe as bigger plans over purchasing shares as over time that can be expanded.... yanks buying into clubs is bad news as utd arsenal and others have found out....even swans are suffering from their investment.... Radcliffe investment will be paid back with being attached to man u. Think all clubs in premier league are susceptible to being bought just for the commercial exposure the TV rights Bring

Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:21 pm

JulesK wrote:£400m nah take your money to Torquay they just gome into administration .
Nice little place by the sea.

With a nice hotel run by Basil down there ;)

Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:24 am

pembroke allan wrote:

It's a community stadium so has no value to buyer bit like ccs? Does buying price include squad value? Like say I wouldn't pay £400m as not sure of long term value in relation to investment payed.

They own the stadium mate, community is just a nice name. They have a 250 year lease from a company called Lionel Road Developments, which is a subsidiary of um... Brentford FC (God knows why they did it that way)

:thumbup:

Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:52 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

They own the stadium mate, community is just a nice name. They have a 250 year lease from a company called Lionel Road Developments, which is a subsidiary of um... Brentford FC (God knows why they did it that way)

:thumbup:

Obviously a dodge of some sort! Thought council had input in the stadium as well? But still not worth £400m :o

Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:59 am

Tin pot League 2 club in a good location. Just goes to show what can happen if you have good football people along with an excellent player recruitment/ development plan in place.

Cardiff have neither currently.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:17 am

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Tin pot League 2 club in a good location. Just goes to show what can happen if you have good football people along with an excellent player recruitment/ development plan in place.

It took them 8yrs with their plan for getting in players ? Basically they use anylitical stats to help decide if player is any good if stats stack up they go for them ...

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:17 am

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Tin pot League 2 club in a good location. Just goes to show what can happen if you have good football people along with an excellent player recruitment/ development plan in place.

It took them 8yrs with their plan for getting in players ? Basically they use anylitical stats to help decide if player is any good if stats stack up they go for them ...

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:26 am

Didnt newcastles owners buy them for 300m? If thats the case brentford are nowhere near 400m valuation!

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:34 am

Cityboy1908 wrote:Didnt newcastles owners buy them for 300m? If thats the case brentford are nowhere near 400m valuation!

Yes something like 300m it's not only size of Newcastle it's the commercial possibility compared to brentford that makes valuation a bit high? Even allowing for London appeal hard to see attraction outside Borough of brentford.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Cityboy1908 wrote:Didnt newcastles owners buy them for 300m? If thats the case brentford are nowhere near 400m valuation!

Yeh, the commercial reach of Newcastle, history, fanbase etc is far superior to Bretford with 2 seasons in the prem. 400m is madness

Yes something like 300m it's not only size of Newcastle it's the commercial possibility compared to brentford that makes valuation a bit high? Even allowing for London appeal hard to see attraction outside Borough of brentford.