Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

For me this proves if your really going to make it at CCFC

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:02 pm

Rubin Colwill, came through this way.

The players continually going out, 99% of them don’t get a sniff of making it after that.

“ CIAN ASHFORD & JOEL COLWILL “

Erol Bulut has said Cian Ashford and Joel Colwill will get their chances before the end of the season but insisted the timing had to be right

"Because of Cian performances at Under-21s, he is on the bench now," Bulut said of Ashford. "I know what fans want, but fans need to understand also that he is 19 years old.”

"In many games, we didn't get points, now we are trying to get the confidence back in the players, to put an 19-year-old player in these games I don't think will be the best thing to help him.”

“I watch the Under 21’s and he has deserved his chance of promotion to the first team squad.”

"We have to wait for the moment we can use him. When we spoke with the coaches, I said he will get his minutes. He is doing really well and is training with us every day. In the training sessions, he progressed really well from the start of the season to where he is now. If he continues, he will get the minutes.

"Putting him in at the right time is important. Putting him in when he cannot do anything will not help him, us, the fans and they are frustrated then that we put him in at the wrong time.

"Not only him. Joel Colwill is also doing well. We need the right time to use these young players."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: For me this proves if your really going to make it at CC

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:12 pm

Joel will be even better than his brother, I really believe that.

Ashford also has potential and I’d give him a chance ahead of Etete.

The way to make it is for them to prove themselves in the Championship.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:20 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Joel will be even better than his brother, I really believe that.

Ashford also has potential and I’d give him a chance ahead of Etete.

The way to make it is for them to prove themselves in the Championship.

Totally agree Ned on all your points.

Plus once your sent out to Non League / Welsh League, for me your not rated to make it in the first team.
Just look at the last 10 years or more.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:51 pm

Ashford really is a good prospect but I think bulut is wrong he should be playing him, why at Norwich bring etete on he should of given Ashford 10 mins instead

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:53 pm

wez1927 wrote:Ashford really is a good prospect but I think bulut is wrong he should be playing him, why at Norwich bring etete on he should of given Ashford 10 mins instead

I agree with you Wez.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:00 pm

Other 19 year old posters get chances in clubs all over the country. Why not ours? They will have no fear. Give them a go. Nothing to lose. No need to Molly cuddle them.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:09 pm

Brezza wrote:Other 19 year old posters get chances in clubs all over the country. Why not ours? They will have no fear. Give them a go. Nothing to lose. No need to Molly cuddle them.

If your really good 19 yrs old should be NO Problem at all.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:11 pm

What we need is a proper investment in the youth academy.

We need someone to speak with Dave Merrington who essentially ran the Southampton Academy in 1985 (Shearer, Tiss etc) to get advice on what we should do.

And then we should ask someone whether they would be prepared to invest £4-5m per year, perhaps rather than buying the club, to get the academy off the ground and potentially one of the best in the country