Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut: "In football, nothing has a guarantee, but wi

Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:16 pm

Erol Bulut:

"In football, nothing has a guarantee, but with the team that we have right now, we don't have to think about the relegation places, that is my opinion," Erol began. "What we showed up until now with the team, we handled our injury problems well and the players did a good job.

"The squad, they know about the situation. We have many games to play, so as soon as possible, we have to make it clear that we don't have to think like last year or the year before.

"The last game was a game to get our confidence back. It was a good game for us after a few games losing. We had to get our confidence back to September, where we won some games in a row. It was a good start for us, but on Saturday, we have to stay calm, patient and with the willingness on the field to get three points."

Erol Bulut
The Bluebirds' next three fixtures sees them host Stoke City, before taking on Bristol City and Huddersfield Town.

Erol continued: "For me, it was also not an easy decision to come to Cardiff City. Everybody knows, but I made that decision for me. I did not make the wrong choice. I made the right choice to be here in Cardiff. It was the correct choice to be with this team, to build something here in Cardiff City with the board, with the players and with my coaches, to build something.

"Of course, I knew it was not any easy job I was taking, but now, I think everybody, fans, media, inside the Club, how we started, how we went the first few weeks, we put the expectations high, that's why we are talking like this. I want it like this, it's great. Now, we are talking differently. Don't come back on the bad things, think positively. We made a lot of good things all together. We have to build on this."

Saturday's opponents, Stoke City, currently sit 19th in the table, with one win and five defeats from their last six matches.

"For both clubs, it's nearly the same situation, but I think we are one step in front," Erol added. We are playing at home, so we want to win this game, we want these three points. My players they want it, they showed that today in training with how sharp and concentrated they are. Last game was a really positive point for us and for my players to get a bit of confidence back. With this, we have to continue on Saturday.

"They know where they are. It will be a similar game to the last game, with the shape they play. We have to prepared for that."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.