Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut: “ Aaron Ramsey “

Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:15 pm

Erol Bulut has spoken about the off-field role Aaron Ramsey plays after he suffered another injury setback.

The Wales captain was out for five months after the win in the South Wales derby owing to a knee injury. However, after coming back and making two appearances off the bench, he suffered a strain in his calf tendon which is likely to put him out for another month at least.

Ramsey has made only 7 appearances in 37 League and Cup matches and many only 45 mins on this 7 matches.

But off the field, Bulut said, Ramsey knows he has a role to play in order to help switch the team's form around.

"Today I saw him laughing, it was good," he said of the playmaker. "This is a positive sign. For him it's also not easy to have a long injury and to come back, you're back, you've played a few minutes in two games and get injured again from nothing. Mentally, it puts you down but Ramsey has a strong mentality. He will come stronger back I think after this.

"The quality of Ramsey is great and also against West Brom when he came in, he was pushing and it was a really good 20 or 25 minutes for us with him. To have a player in the first XI is always great but when he's not in the team, outside he's trying to help the team and the club a lot to talk with the players also inside the dressing room."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut: “ Aaron Ramsey “

Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:43 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:57 pm

Ramsey played 27 times for Nice last season. Yes, he was a risk signing for us but it was a perfectly reasonable one following last season. Its annoying that some fans are now saying it's a waste of money, shouldn't of done it etc, etc. Its just bad luck, it happens. Ramsey is one of the greatest talents this club has ever produced, he deserves our support and patience.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply:

Shit like this grinds my nuts. We wouldn't even get a sniff of signing a player like Ramsey if he hadn't been a local lad who came through our academy so stfu with the whining like a 5 year old.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:55 pm

Such a shame he's out again, would have given us all a lift and we'd have maybe finished the season on a high.

If pre-season doesn't goe well for him though maybe retirement should be seriously considered. I can remember him saying he wanted to come back to us while he can still make an impact and that hasn't really been the case has it.

Perhaps this new set back is for the best...it could have been the catalyst to Bulut getting a new contract!

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:16 am

EastleighBlue wrote:Ramsey played 27 times for Nice last season. Yes, he was a risk signing for us but it was a perfectly reasonable one following last season. Its annoying that some fans are now saying it's a waste of money, shouldn't of done it etc, etc. Its just bad luck, it happens. Ramsey is one of the greatest talents this club has ever produced, he deserves our support and patience.

Totally agree everyone was happy to see him playing against the swans
I am only p.ss.d off he' s out because with him in the side he would have made the games more enjoyable pushing the team forward.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:31 am

montyblue wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:Ramsey played 27 times for Nice last season. Yes, he was a risk signing for us but it was a perfectly reasonable one following last season. Its annoying that some fans are now saying it's a waste of money, shouldn't of done it etc, etc. Its just bad luck, it happens. Ramsey is one of the greatest talents this club has ever produced, he deserves our support and patience.

I am only p.ss.d off he' s out because with him in the side he would have made the games more enjoyable pushing the team forward.

100% agree Monty. Check your pms btw :thumbup:

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:44 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:

100% agree Monty. Check your pms btw :thumbup:

Bluebirdoct

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:49 am

BLUEBIRDOCT 1962

Have replied to your pms.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:51 am

montyblue wrote:BLUEBIRDOCT 1962

Have replied to your pms.

Must be something up with it as I haven’t received yet. :?:

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:53 am

Welshman in CA wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reply:

Shit like this grinds my nuts. We wouldn't even get a sniff of signing a player like Ramsey if he hadn't been a local lad who came through our academy so stfu with the whining like a 5 year old.

I personally was all for Signing Ramsey.

And know that if he can stay injury free he would be outstanding for us.