Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ugbo

Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Ugbo scores another brace for Sheff Wed's. We should of kept hold of him in my opinion. I'm unclear on what actually happened as thought he was on a season loan with us originally? Did we get rid of him or did his parent club Lorient call him back and send him to Wednesday?
Not the best player but knows how to score, could say similar type to Sory Kaba.

Re: Ugbo

Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:43 pm

He’s a natural finisher, but we didn’t create enough chances for him

Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:59 pm

It’s all irrelevant , if he had stayed with us he wouldn’t have scored the number of goals he has for Weds. However I’d rather him over that bum we have on loan instead

Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:13 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:It’s all irrelevant , if he had stayed with us he wouldn’t have scored the number of goals he has for Weds. However I’d rather him over that bum we have on loan instead
That's what I mean, if we sent Ugbo back to free up a space to bring the new guy in then it seems at the moment that's proper shit business.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:46 pm

royalblue wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:It’s all irrelevant , if he had stayed with us he wouldn’t have scored the number of goals he has for Weds. However I’d rather him over that bum we have on loan instead
That's what I mean, if we sent Ugbo back to free up a space to bring the new guy in then it seems at the moment that's proper shit business.

That's the gamble ain't it, I mean if Diedhiou had scored a couple goals for us up untill now we wouldn't be saying this

I agree though, I'd rather Ugbo.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:46 pm

royalblue wrote:Ugbo scores another brace for Sheff Wed's. We should of kept hold of him in my opinion. I'm unclear on what actually happened as thought he was on a season loan with us originally? Did we get rid of him or did his parent club Lorient call him back and send him to Wednesday?
Not the best player but knows how to score, could say similar type to Sory Kaba.

With wingers playing as inside forwards rather than wingers, he wouldn't have the crosses etc here that he gets at Wednesday. Thats why we should play to the strikers strengths