Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

They will drive fans away / CCFC Stewards:

Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:35 pm

I've sat in the ninian stand since we moved to new ground in the same seat ,two stewards the ones that have id on there arms ,came up to a guy who has sat there a few rows behind me for years .

,they took him down stairs they said he's been reported for bad language,he never uses bad language just quite vocal,he said to the supervisor I haven't used bad language who has ,,reported me , don't know they said, he said that's ridiculous you mean to tell me anyone can report anyone ,

yes they said,so he said what happens if someone just doesn't like you they can still make something up and report you , anyway they are going to give him a ritten apology, apparently you can get done for having a go at the lines man ,(it's ridiculous) especially two minutes after the whole canton stand was swearing , what they going to do throw everyone out .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: They will drive fans away

Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:40 pm

Every other seat back now has a 2D barcode and number for you to scan/text to put a complaint in about anybody, you have to give the block, row and seat number and a description of the offence in the text. The stickers appeared for the Blackburn match

Re: They will drive fans away / CCFC Stewards:

Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:43 pm

I complained about Etete and now he’s scored.
Good customer service.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:43 pm

Football is a passionate game and sometimes it's get to us the stewards should realise that no matter where you sit

Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:46 pm

ion wrote:I've sat in the ninian stand since we moved to new ground in the same seat ,two stewards the ones that have id on there arms ,came up to a guy who has sat there a few rows behind me for years .

,they took him down stairs they said he's been reported for bad language,he never uses bad language just quite vocal,he said to the supervisor I haven't used bad language who has ,,reported me , don't know they said, he said that's ridiculous you mean to tell me anyone can report anyone ,

yes they said,so he said what happens if someone just doesn't like you they can still make something up and report you , anyway they are going to give him a ritten apology, apparently you can get done for having a go at the lines man ,(it's ridiculous) especially two minutes after the whole canton stand was swearing , what they going to do throw everyone out .

I sit on the end of row GG right in front of the guy you’re on about. Absolutely ridiculous behaviour from the stewards.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:52 pm

Yep ridiculous,there are a few around me who have been season ticket holders for ages and they said if this sort of thing is going to happen they can shove their season ticket they won't renew

Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:13 pm

Fans need to organise some sort of boycott, sounds like it's akin to living in an East German police state. I'm currently in hospital so can't attend but things like this put me off returning. Is this another Wayne Nash initiative that's killing the match day experience for fans?

Did you say that the club are going to write him an apology? If so, what for? Are they admitting that their new system is flawed?

Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:38 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Every other seat back now has a 2D barcode and number for you to scan/text to put a complaint in about anybody, you have to give the block, row and seat number and a description of the offence in the text. The stickers appeared for the Blackburn match

They've been there before that. Just not on every seat.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:41 pm

Stewards in Ninian stand like little Nazi’s

Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:43 pm

That’s ridiculous, like you say someone could report someone just because they don’t like them.

I’ve never liked how the fans are treated in the Ninian Stand because you get told off for any language or standing, that’s why I moved to Canton a long time ago.

Problem is that Canton is not for everyone because some people don’t like to stand for the whole game or aren’t able to.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:11 pm

They're just trying to get rid of the stragglers that the football we've been playing hasn't.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:34 pm

What was that tannoy announcement calling all stewards to go somewhere during the game.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:14 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:They're just trying to get rid of the stragglers that the football we've been playing hasn't.

:)
They were like it on the Bob Bank. Step on one of the yellow lines they sprayed down, and you’re for the high jump. Irritating bar-stewards. Takes a special type of nerk to be a steward. It can’t be for the riches.. why?

Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:20 pm

theclaw wrote:What was that tannoy announcement calling all stewards to go somewhere during the game.

It was a practice for a real emergency according to the steward I was sat by.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:29 pm

ion wrote:Yep ridiculous,there are a few around me who have been season ticket holders for ages and they said if this sort of thing is going to happen they can shove their season ticket they won't renew

Proper supporters then.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:49 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Every other seat back now has a 2D barcode and number for you to scan/text to put a complaint in about anybody, you have to give the block, row and seat number and a description of the offence in the text. The stickers appeared for the Blackburn match

The problem is 'data protection' prevents the club from identifying the 'complainant' even though they are identified when making the 'complaint'

Basically, it means someone can make a 'complaint' genuinely or on a whim with full protection of their 'complaint' being upheld and/or hiding cowardly if the 'complainant' is just being a prat (polite word)

It's happening everwhere; moreso in the workplace where people are being suspended 'under investigation' and 'just in case'

This is what your modern 'woke-minded' society has brought us to. No more rollickings and 'a little word in your ear' from the boss; it's full on and actively 'looking' for 'targets'

Of course, many situations are justified but more and more are just coming from nasty, bloody-minded, weak and vinductive individuals simply trying to further their own self-seeking agendas...

Thankfully, the tide is slowly turning but some I know would put Roathy to shame... :? :|

Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:58 pm

Doesn’t that apply both ways? If your seat has a code you should know about it. It’s yours, and should not be used against.
Honecker has f****n won. In Britain. We fought against this sort of shit. Shameful.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:40 am

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:40 am

Replies:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:02 am

Fans treated by Cardiff City with distain and lack of respect, not surprised. The board is run like a dictatorship and so are the stewards.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:37 am

Do safestyle still operate the security at the club?

Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:02 am

Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:I complained about Etete and now he’s scored.
Good customer service.

:laughing6:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:36 am

Replies:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:37 am

Replies:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:38 am

Replies:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:02 am

sack the head of security, its been going on for years and they wounder why the ground is like a library :banghead:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:07 am

SB 1927 wrote:
Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:I complained about Etete and now he’s scored.
Good customer service.

:laughing6:

:laughing6: :clap:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:14 am

Im sorry but football is banter and that involves some bad language and heated moments .Football is banter without it forget the game .there are areas of the ground like the family stand you can sit and not expect to here language. Not just sport but life is ridiculous these days be illegal to fart soon

Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:53 am

Nash behind this again?

Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:13 pm

I sit just a few seats along from the person who was accused of using abusive language. He sits in the back row so the person who made the complaint couldn't have seen a barcode on the back of his chair. I would suggest the accuser sits close and targeted this person.

He asked the steward who made the complaint and what he was accused of saying but the steward said he didn't know, they were acting on their supervisors instructions so he asked to see the supervisor which he did at half time. The supervisor wouldn't answer his questions either so he said he wouldn't expect any warning the club give him. The supervisor then said he'd have a written apology from the club.

What a load of b01102ks and a complete waste of time from the stewards. As I said, I sit a few seats along and I didn't hear any foul or abusive language.

If you don't like bad language go and sit in the family stand or stay at home and let the real supporters, support the club.