Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut: "For offensive players it's always if you make

Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:55 pm

Erol Bulut:

"For offensive players it's always if you make a good assist or score, you get confidence," Bulut said. "If you miss many chances, it's difficult to get the confidence. You will not try the next time you should. That's why I'm satisfied with this and I hope our guys continue like that.

"But football is pressure. Our job is pressure. This how we have to live. Whether it's the manager or the player. OK, sometimes it's not good to have so much pressure, especially when you are young as a player. So, how to handle it. At home there's been a bit of pressure because it's been a long time since we have won. This makes pressure.

"The fans want to win at home and to see the three points. They want to see good football. Of course, it's not easy. Tuesday was a draw. A game we could win but we didn't.

"To get the confidence back was important. Our offensive part scored the goals and now the confidence, I think the players are on a better level than they've been 10 days before."

Both Etete and Grant were withdrawn in the second half, after seemingly picking up knocks, and their absence coincided with a the contest tilting in favour of the visitors, who were denied a point courtesy of some fine defensive work from Bulut's charges.

And having already seen his squad hit by injuries to several key players, Bulut has played down any concerns over the duo.

"They had cramps," he explained. "If you get cramps it can get a bit strange. That's why it changed. We were not planning on these changes. But we don't want injuries. We've had enough injuries this season so I don't want to see anything like this again."

After an impressive start to the season, Cardiff's recent poor run has perhaps caused some fans to look down the table rather than up, but Bulut insists his team can now finish the season strongly.

"We started well, we put ourselves in a play-off position, maybe expectations were put higher. For this you need a bigger squad, what we didn't have," he added. "We still have 12 more games, my target is to take the maximum points we can take."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.