Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut: Pressure

Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:44 am

"But football is pressure. Our job is pressure. This how we have to live. Whether it's the manager or the player. OK, sometimes it's not good to have so much pressure, especially when you are young as a player. So, how to handle it. At home there's been a bit of pressure because it's been a long time since we have won. This makes pressure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut: Pressure

Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:58 am

I am absolutely torn on Bulut.

Every fibre in my body says we need consistency and continuity and I think this could be a free hit for him to understand the championship.
Football is global nowadays, so although the championship is unique in its intensity, it's a major league with a sizable chunk of foreign managers, owners, coaches, and players. So the second season should hold no fears, as he'd have gone to Stoke on a wet Tuesday night and knows if you are not 100% you are losing.

I will maintain, the squad is poor. Joe Ralls has been season after season some fans scapegoat, "he is crap", even though he has been instrumental in us being promoted, playoff etc.... But this season and the second half of last we are a shadow of a team without him, In most games he is in the MoM reckoning, has he improved ? No, IMO we have declined that much.

So is Bulut maximising a poor team in an improving championship, we can only beat teams below us, but is that about as good as we can expect, we have no X factor apart from set plays (if Ralls is playing)

The subs baffled me yesterday, but is he just finding a way to get the players he trust on?

We look at what Colwill does, Bulut looks at what he doesn't do, press. He'll never be a top championship-level or better unless he improves his physical output, so i get bringing Wintle on but you then take away any attacking intent.

Turnbull according to the brochure give us a bit more class but less bite. Collins is dire but we had no other option, Meite is a winger whether he is championship is another story and Deidihou was a total gamble and best forgotten about.

I don't think he'll play the two kids until we are relatively safe.

So after this brain dump, I still don't know if Erol is any good. We got 49 points last season and have 44 with a quarter of the season to go, of course we have improved !

I still don't believe the 6th highest wage bill, because thats not the 6th best squad.