Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cian Ashford and Joel Colwill “

Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:51 pm

My View:

We are virtually safe now, nothing to play for, let’s play them every game for 20-30 mins ready for our promotion challenge next season.

Cardiff City Striker Cian Ashford ( 20 yrs old soon) and Joel Colwill ( 20 yrs old in October) have been told to be patient by Erol Bulut

Erol Bulut: “Both Cian and Joel are in my plans and in the coming weeks will get their chance.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Cian Ashford and Joel Colwill “

Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:56 pm

Promotion challenge next year very optimistic there. But I do agree to give youngsters that they believe will make it a chance though

Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:12 pm

Totally agree, give them some minutes in the league.

Would rather give Ashford a chance than start Etete.

Joel will be even better than his brother in the future.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My View:

We are virtually safe now, nothing to play for, let’s play them every game for 20-30 mins ready for our promotion challenge next season.

Cardiff City Striker Cian Ashford ( 20 yrs old soon) and Joel Colwill ( 20 yrs old in October) have been told to be patient by Erol Bulut

Erol Bulut: “Both Cian and Joel are in my plans and in the coming weeks will get their chance.”

i think thats a very good shout, now more than ever the perfect chance to test them

Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:37 pm

thomas9990 wrote:Promotion challenge next year very optimistic there. But I do agree to give youngsters that they believe will make it a chance though

Well Tan / Dalman and many on here and Twitter & FB have now said for 4 years in a row , Stability, stability every season, well you’ve got to one day finally go for it, way smaller clubs than us go for it.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:38 pm

kyle08 wrote:

i think thats a very good shout, now more than ever the perfect chance to test them

Watch it Kyle, as your stalker will say they should never be played and we should never go for promotion :lol:

Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:40 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Totally agree, give them some minutes in the league.

Def Ned,

Let’s see what Cian is like upfront and Joel Colwill apparently is better than Rubin.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Def Ned,

Let’s see what Cian is like upfront and Joel Colwill apparently is better than Rubin.

He won't play them until last 1 or 2 games guaranteed. They should be getting valuable experience in the derbies atmosphere etc even if its bench time. But Derby games apart they should have a good 20 or 30 as said and if look decent in those start them

Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:12 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Def Ned,

He won't play them until last 1 or 2 games guaranteed. They should be getting valuable experience in the derbies atmosphere etc even if its bench time. But Derby games apart they should have a good 20 or 30 as said and if look decent in those start them

Well he needs to.

They would give their All in the derby games.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:13 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Totally agree need to blood both

Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:45 pm

I’ve seen quite a bit of Joel Colwill and he looks a really good player

He needs to play and play regularly between now and the end of the season

Him and Eli King would bring huge energy to our midfield!!!

Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:57 pm

Been saying this for weeks Annis if they are god enough get them on. We are virtually safe, maybe 6 more points.I
honestly believe Bulut doesn't fancy them at all?

Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:22 pm

I have watched the under 21s often over the last 3/4 years, we have had some talented boys playing.
The problem is poor coaching has held them back.

If there any good they should be out on loan getting game time, learning from older pros.
Playing other academy sides is not helping them develop , being the star at that level who are you going to learn from.

The players in the past played in youth sides up to 18 then in reserve side with older pros,which helped them develop quicker if they showed promise against them would then get a chance in first team.

Nowadays with a squad of 25 its harder for them to break through into first team, the only chance of playing is to go on loan for a few months. Hopefully they sucede in L2 then get a loan to L1 .
If successful they can then step up into first team squad.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:25 pm

Wiggy wrote:

Been saying this for weeks Annis if they are god enough get them on. We are virtually safe, maybe 6 more points.I
honestly believe Bulut doesn't fancy them at all?

Wiggy,

Agreed and we can see if they are good enough for next season.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:57 am

I just don't think the gaffer has any faith in the younger lads, Rubin is only getting game time as Ramsey is out and he keeps pulling him off when he's playing well.
Cian and Joel should be getting on for the last 15/20 in most games now instead of the likes of Wintle and Etete for crying out loud.
These young lads are energetic and home grown with plenty of talent, So frustrating to not see them on the pitch when others are playing so poorly week in week out.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:15 am

taff555 wrote:I just don't think the gaffer has any faith in the younger lads, Rubin is only getting game time as Ramsey is out and he keeps pulling him off when he's playing well.
Cian and Joel should be getting on for the last 15/20 in most games now instead of the likes of Wintle and Etete for crying out loud.
These young lads are energetic and home grown with plenty of talent, So frustrating to not see them on the pitch when others are playing so poorly week in week out.

Problem is the last 20 mins are important for seeing the game out and most Managers go for experience in that situation.

I agree though we do need to find some wy of integrating them into the team.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:55 am

bluebirdrob wrote:I have watched the under 21s often over the last 3/4 years, we have had some talented boys playing.
The problem is poor coaching has held them back.

If there any good they should be out on loan getting game time, learning from older pros.
Playing other academy sides is not helping them develop , being the star at that level who are you going to learn from.

The players in the past played in youth sides up to 18 then in reserve side with older pros,which helped them develop quicker if they showed promise against them would then get a chance in first team.

Nowadays with a squad of 25 its harder for them to break through into first team, the only chance of playing is to go on loan for a few months. Hopefully they sucede in L2 then get a loan to L1 .
If successful they can then step up into first team squad.

Rob,

We have def been producing talent, but as you say poor coaching by our coaches.

My View is if your going to make it then by 20 years old you should be knocking on our first team squad.

Out loan yes at 17-18-19 but as you say more to League 1 & maybe League 2, But NO lower.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:21 pm

Safe and nothing to play for? I'll be happy when I see us on 50 points. I know it looks like less than that will do it this season, but I'll sleep easier with 50 or more. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:02 pm

If you have not done it by 21 years old unlikely to play at that level. Rolls and Ramsey are examples when they were playing in the team well before that.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:02 pm

There is nothing better than seeing good local boys get into the first team.

With good coaching at academy levels this can be possible.

The club needs to invest in top coaches to develop the boys , then go out on loan.

Imagine a team with Eli King -Joel Colwill- Rubin Colwill- Cian Ashford -Troy Perrett young Welsh players.

There is local talent but it needs to be nurtured.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:45 pm

Bluebina wrote:
taff555 wrote:I just don't think the gaffer has any faith in the younger lads, Rubin is only getting game time as Ramsey is out and he keeps pulling him off when he's playing well.

Problem is the last 20 mins are important for seeing the game out and most Managers go for experience in that situation.

I agree though we do need to find some wy of integrating them into the team.

If he doesn't play them then what is the point, I'd much prefer they stayed with the U 21's and played more often.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Def Ned,

Potentially better than Rubin, but they’re completely different types of midfielders.

Rubin is the guy you give the ball to create something, Joel is the guy who keeps things ticking over in midfield, and switches the game from defence to attack extremely quickly.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:23 pm

I agree.

I have very little doubt that Joel Colwill will be a better player for us than his brother and I rate Rubin highly too. However, he’s a more deep lying midfielder and will take some time to get used to the physicality so let’s start that now.

Ashford also looks very promising but he certainly needs to be tested at first team level because finishing is a different kettle of fish at Championship level.

Nice to have two such promising prospects coming through.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:42 pm

Eddie grays grandson playing for leeds regular 18 years of age loads of liverpool youngsters getting game time why not ours

Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:49 pm

montyblue wrote:Eddie grays grandson playing for leeds regular 18 years of age loads of liverpool youngsters getting game time why not ours

Also look at Liverpool - With their many young lads who are getting game time in the Cups and a few in the League .