Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut on Davies: ‘Davies is doing really well

Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:20 am

Erol Bulut on Isaak Davies: ‘Davies is doing really well in Kortrijk and I think in the new season, he will be helpful for Cardiff City. He is a quick, skilful striker. You can use him has a second striker, you can use him as a winger. In the new season, everybody starts from zero.’

Re: Erol Bulut on Davies: ‘Davies is doing really well

Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:39 am

Can see him and Tanner swapping next season

No doubt in my mind that Davies will be more effective in Buluts system than Bowler or Tanner

Its going to be interesting what Bulut does with O'Dowda when he is fit, as for me he is a very conventional LEFT winger, maybe Grant on the right (his proper side)

The season will have done Davies the power of good, nothing improves a player better than playing week after week

Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:43 am

llan bluebird wrote:Can see him and Tanner swapping next season

No doubt in my mind that Davies will be more effective in Buluts system than Bowler or Tanner

Its going to be interesting what Bulut does with O'Dowda when he is fit, as for me he is a very conventional LEFT winger, maybe Grant on the right (his proper side)

The season will have done Davies the power of good, nothing improves a player better than playing week after week

Not sure. I thought Tanner did well when he came on yesterday.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:44 am

Remember O'Dowda can also play on the right wing. Once he is up to full fitness I would play him there instead of Bowler.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:09 am

Surely play grant on his natural wing and o dowda on his natural, would be so much more of a threat than reversing the wings

Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:55 am

Tanner did well yesterday, seems as though Bulut grounded him a bit

Bowler is predictable with cutting in, it's not his fault as he's being played on the wrong wing

As for Davies, it's good to see him getting some game time, I quite like him, he runs and runs and gives 100 percent every game, which can't be said for all of our players

Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:42 am

Roath_Blue wrote:Tanner did well yesterday, seems as though Bulut grounded him a bit

Bowler is predictable with cutting in, it's not his fault as he's being played on the wrong wing

As for Davies, it's good to see him getting some game time, I quite like him, he runs and runs and gives 100 percent every game, which can't be said for all of our players

Bowler is indeed frustrating cutting in but tbh I don’t think he has the pace to go outside a full back.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:44 pm

Sorry gents, but I didn't see what Tanner did that said he played well. He was OK, he ran straight twice which was a novelty as he got in behind, but after 10 mins he was out on his feet and that's the trouble for him. He can't get more than 20 min cameos so his match fitness is never going to be there.

I can also see Ashford being used out wide when he starts to get minutes and if he shows promise that's more competition for match-day slots with Davies coming back and new recruits in the summer big decisions need to be made.

Its catch 21 for these youngsters, they need game time to get better but they can't hold onto the starting jersey, so they don't improve, Tanner needs as many minutes in his legs as Davies.

The Davies move is what we should be doing with Ashord or J Colwill next season. It aids them and Vinny's other team.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:28 pm

Erol talking about next season. Have I missed something?

Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:45 pm

100% Davies back and get rid of Miete who is an awful championship player. Davies’s pace will always put defences on the back foot

Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:07 pm

O'dowda and Grant played well together pre and early season. I would play O'dowda as a wingback behind grant.

Ng is a problem... Playing really well defensively and chipping in with goals, but he's not a wingback. Not quick enough and delivery is not great.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:13 pm

Einstein wrote:O'dowda and Grant played well together pre and early season. I would play O'dowda as a wingback behind grant.

Ng is a problem... Playing really well defensively and chipping in with goals, but he's not a wingback. Not quick enough and delivery is not great.

Agreed about Ng. I'm not sure where else he slots in though, and we can't do without him - he's wins games for us.

I've always thought he looks like a good holding mid. Problem is we've got them in abundance.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:10 pm

theDelaney88 wrote:
Einstein wrote:O'dowda and Grant played well together pre and early season. I would play O'dowda as a wingback behind grant.

Agreed about Ng. I'm not sure where else he slots in though, and we can't do without him - he's wins games for us.

I've always thought he looks like a good holding mid. Problem is we've got them in abundance.

Bulut sold us inverted full backs, with them slotting into midfield if this is so then O'Dowda and NG are perfect, but for that with Bulut's sense of defence first the DCM can only be Wintle as that position needs to be quick and can play as the third centre half, Perry hasn't got the technique for that. That would be pretty attacking so i doubt it.

We could always cash in on Perry, :o if three centre halfs and wingbacks are next season's strategy

Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:44 pm

Davies scored opener tonight too.

Currently 2-2

Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:48 pm

Hopefully will come back a better player like earnie did , he has the race.