Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING EROL BULUT: “ THURSDAY 14TH MARCH 2024 “

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:44 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ EROL BULUT TODAY UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Can Erol Buluts be the first manager Cardiff manager to do the Double over both Rivals as they take on Swansea Away this Saturday 12:30pm.

Cardiff are 5 games undefeated and have won their last 4 matches in a row.

Aaron Ramsey is back in the Squad

Callum O’Dowda is back and fully fit.

Rubin Colwill called up for Wales first team.

Callum Robinson is back after a long illness.

McGuinness will be fully back in April

Grant is on fire.

Captain Ralls has signed a new contract, 14 years now a Bluebird.

Thursday 14th March 2024

Erol Bulut:

“I expected to hear from the Wales manager to discuss Ramsey, I have not heard from him and he has not tried to make contact, Ramsey is not ready for both.”

Ramsey recalled to Wales, expect him to play against Swansea?

I think the first question should be if he can be with us. Then we think about if he can play. We are going to decide tomorrow if he will be in the squad or not.

Erol Bulut

EROL BULUT:

Callum O’Dowda, can he start?

For 90 minutes, probably not. Maximum could be 45 minutes for him, maybe 60 minutes. Final decision will be tomorrow after training.

Erol Bulut

History of the fixture favoured Swansea recently, going for first league double, an incentive?

It would be great if we could make it happen. It would be great for the club, players and the team. We started well against them and also then I said something against their manager in the press. I said I would like to win both games and promotion… I don’t know about promotion, but I want to win both games!

Erol Bulut

“ READ ALL EROL BULUTS UPDATES BELOW “

Do you really want to be here after this season?

“This question I answered already. I would like to stay and build with this club and with the players.”

“ I think when we look back at the start of the season and now it is a big step and progression. Normally, we should continue with that. This is not up to me. The board have to think and make that decision. From my side it’s clear, I want to stay and I am waiting on them.”

Erol Bulut
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EROL BULUT:

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:47 am

Erol Bulut:

Derby week, excited?

Against Swansea… it will be a normal game for us, I think. We have to take it like other games (joking). It’s a derby and I know how important this is for our fans, the club and our players, for me, too. The first period we did really well against them at home.

I am expecting from the players the same concentration, the same work rate and willingness to win the game. We know what is expected of us there.

Erol Bulut
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:47 am

Erol Bulut:

September, what can you take from that game?

To be as a team. To be as one on the field with the fans. This is what we need to do. I am preparing the team well for that game. Today we started and tomorrow we will continue. I try as a manager to prepare my players for the game.

Erol Bulut

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:48 am

Erol Bulut:

History of the fixture favoured Swansea recently, going for first league double, an incentive?

It would be great if we could make it happen. It would be great for the club, players and the team. We started well against them and also then I said something against their manager in the press. I said I would like to win both games and promotion… I don’t know about promotion, but I want to win both games!

Erol Bulut

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:49 am

20/02/2024 Cardiff City 0 Blackburn 0 Crowd 17,131 Away Support 369

24/02/2024 Cardiff City 2 Stoke City 1 Crowd 18,976 Away Support 1,320

02/03/2024 Bristol City 0 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 24,035 Away Support 2,300

06/03/2024 Cardiff City 1 Huddersfield Town 0 Crowd 17,243 Away Support 320

09/03/2024 Cardiff City 2 Ipswich Town 1 Crowd 22,724 Away Support 3,213

NINE GAMES REMAINING:

Live on Sky tv: 16/03/2024 12:30pm Swansea City v Cardiff City Crowd Away Support

29/03/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Sunderland Crowd Away Support

01/04/2024 15:00 Coventry City v Cardiff City
06/04/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Hull City
10/04/2024 19:45 Birmingham City (a)
13/04/2024 15:00 Millwall (a)
20/04/2024 15:00 Southampton (h)
27/04/2024 15:00 Middlesbrough (h)

04/05/2024 15:00 Rotherham United (a)

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:49 am

Erol Bulut:

Ramsey recalled to Wales, expect him to play against Swansea?

I think the first question should be if he can be with us. Then we think about if he can play. We are going to decide tomorrow if he will be in the squad or not.

Erol Bulut

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:51 am

Erol Bulut is describing the supporter who came to him the day before the Swansea derby:

Erol Bulut:

“We’d been for dinner with my coaching staff and it was about 10 o’clock at night and we were walking back to the cars. He came to me and said, ‘tomorrow, we have to win this game – it’s everything to us.

I said, ‘one thing I can tell you is I know about derbies very well because I played many and I was leading as a manager in some big derbies, so don’t worry!’”

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:51 am

Erol Bulut:

Do you really want to be here after this season?

“This question I answered already. I would like to stay and build with this club and with the players.”

“ I think when we look back at the start of the season and now it is a big step and progression. Normally, we should continue with that. This is not up to me. The board have to think and make that decision. From my side it’s clear, I want to stay and I am waiting on them.”

Erol Bulut

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:59 am

Erol Bulut:

Aaron, itching to play Saturday and for Wales, is it down to the medics?

Players always want to play. Even when they are injured and especially if it’s Swansea! I have to make decisions. I cannot lose a player because of one player. I have to make my plans like that.

Erol Bulut

Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:00 am

My View: Would need a small miracle at this stage, We would have to continue this great run and start scoring a lot more goals as we are -6 goals and all 5 teams above us would virtually have to start go on a awful run.

For me only 6th place is available to us:

We do have Hull home and owe them big time.

Coventry away we also have to play.

Yes of course it can be done, but we would also need the fans to return big time home and away as they can be a goal start each game.

Last September Bulut was eying the play-offs, by January the word was banned and now:

Erol Bulut:

After Saturday's game, Bulut was asked once again whether that play-off word was still banned. "I am of the same opinion with this," he said. "We take it game by game and we will see where we get to.

"I was talking a lot about that [the play-offs]. I said we wanted to be around [the play-offs] and we will push. This makes a little bit of pressure to the players. Now we have had a good run, I will not say we will be in there [the play-offs]. I am still of the same opinion. In the end, if it happens, it happens. If not, it doesn't. I will not go crazy about that."

Bulut carefully sculpted his answers not to even say the word. The players, however, are more bullish. Callum O'Dowda and Ryan Wintle in the last week have said they are going to give it everything to try to sneak into the top six before the season's end and that is undoubtedly the aim – even if the manager refuses to utter it.

So how viable is it?

Cardiff are on 53 points as things stand, but what is the points tally needed to break into the top six? Let's look at what was needed to finish in sixth place over the previous 10 seasons.

Cardiff have 9 games left are on 53 points:

2022/23 – 69 points

2021/22 – 75 points

2021/20 – 77 points

2019/20 – 70 points

Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:01 am

Erol Bulut:

Big progress this season, connection with fans important?

Connection to the fans is important. They are the first man on the field for us. How they support us, even when we had not good games, they were supporting the team. We had to give something back. The last few weeks we have given something back. We have to stick together, be close together and work together.

Erol Bulut

Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:05 am

Erol Bulut:

Rubin, called up for Wales

Rubin is playing the last few weeks really well. Even when he is coming on he is doing well. Rubin is a good player and he will be much, much better if he can fix small details on his game.

Erol Bulut

Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:15 am

Erol Bulut:

Rubin Colwill

Decisions! The decisions he makes are really important. When he gets the ball, how quickly he makes those decisions, he keeps it too much and has to make better decisions. But the only thing he is missing is goals and assists.

Ipswich game he was good. He had really good actions in the game. A cross to O’Dowda, who almost scored, then he started the move for the first goal.

I am trusting him. Sometimes in games, it is tactical changes, sometimes a player gets tired so you have to rest him. We have 25 players, so 22 players are in the squad. I have the possibility to make some rotations like I did before. Everyone gets minutes. We have many games close in a row, everyone has to be ready.

Erol Bul

Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:15 am

Erol Bulut:

A lot of home games after the international break…

When we see our away games, our away games are better than our home games! The last few weeks we did well at home. I hope we can keep both of them high, home and away. We will push until the end, but we will take it game by game.

Erol Bulut

Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:23 am

The points tally this year for playoffs will be much higher I think than previous seasons, I am happy with mid table this year as long as the board fully back Erol in coming windows!

Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:07 pm

Rob Page:

“ Aaron Ramsey “

"I don't see it as a gamble. Not at all," If Aaron Ramsey's fit, he's part of the squad.”

“Whether he starts or not or plays 15, 20 minutes or whatever. If he's fit, he's going to be part of the squad. I don't see what all the fuss is about.”

“Cardiff have declared him fit, so why am I being questioned? “

"There's a transition in introducing some of the younger players into the squad as well. But we need the wealth of experience people like Aaron have got.

"It would be foolish of me to not involve him if he's fit."

Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:04 pm

Current Championship Form:

Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:11 pm

Ng eyeing derby clean sweep

Perry Ng says Cardiff City are eyeing a derby clean sweep this season.

Ng's header secured a Severnside derby double over Bristol City recently, and he says a first ever double over the Swans is now firmly in their sights.

NG:

"We have won three derbies now - we'll be looking to complete the four," Ng said.

"We are excited. I think in the past we have been a bit naïve [in derbies], we have conceded sloppy goals.

"But [this season] we have been really solid, had good intensity and good shape, and we look tough to beat."

Re: BREAKING EROL BULUT: “ THURSDAY 14TH MARCH 2024 “

Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:59 pm

First manager to manage two derbies since Dave Jones, important to have consistency?

It’s good to hear! I hope I can change it to be the first to have two wins against Swansea (in the same season). It won’t be easy. To talk is one thing, to do it is something else.

Their game against Bristol City, they lost. They would like to do something against us. That’s not our problem. That’s their problem.

Erol Bulut

Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:03 pm

Callum O’Dowda, can he start?

For 90 minutes, probably not. Maximum could be 45 minutes for him, maybe 60 minutes. Final decision will be tomorrow after training.

Erol Bulut

Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:11 pm

The Wales manager not spoke to me about Ramsey?

"Aaron trained today," Bulut said of Ramsey. "Today he trained and tomorrow, we will see. I don’t want to risk Aaron to let him play 20 or 30 minutes and then lose him for the rest of the season. So I need to speak to the medical team and Ramsey. So the final decision we will make tomorrow.”

“I expected to hear from the Wales manager to discuss Ramsey, I have not heard from him and he has not tried to make contact, Ramsey is not ready for both.”

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:40 pm

We are totally safe and now should be planning, but just like previous seasons, unbelievable:

Erol Bulut:

Bulut: “I have no summer transfer plans

Asked about his own situation, “You are speaking to the wrong person about this. I do my job the best way I can and I'm pushing the team. But right now I am thinking only about the team.”

Bulut said his own future needed to be decided in order for summer plans to be drawn up. Quizzed about that aspect of it, including transfers, he added: "I cannot make any decisions right now because it's not in my hands. But the plans, we should start to make them for the new season. It's important, transfers, pre-season, I don't know how the club is thinking but we haven't had any meetings in that direction.

"For right now, I am thinking until the end of this season. My plans are until the end of this season to make the best of what we can do. Then we will see what we can do."

Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:01 pm

Bulut on his future:

“I would like to stay, of course. And continue to build with this club, players and I think when we look back at the start of the season and now, I think there’s a big step and progress. Normally we should continue with that, but this is not up to me.”

Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:48 am

Ollie Tanner on Erol Bulut’s message before the South Wales Derby:
“Die on that pitch.”

Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:03 am

Bluebirds 3-1