Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Any decent TV/film recommendations?

Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:00 pm

Having to have some urgent work done to my flat and in the Premier Inn for the next week.

Any TV or film recommendations to fill the time?

Got my firestick, any recommendations welcome :thumbright:

Worst week for it to happen as no real football. Will watch the Wales game(s) but no interest in any of the other international football.

Roll on Easter weekend when I’ll be at both Sunderland home and Coventry away :lol: :bluebird:

Re: Any decent TV/film recommendations?

Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:28 pm

Just finished watching The Gentlemen series on Netflix by Guy Richie, well worth a watch.

My personal favourite though is Mr Inbetween, it's currently on Disney+ but you may be able to stream it some other way using your firestick. It's amazing...about a hitman that juggles parenthood with carrying out his contract killings, dark but funny as hell too!

Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:21 pm

Ted series.
Megan movie.
Masters of the air series.
The boys series.

Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:36 pm

Netflix, The Gentlemen

Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:24 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Having to have some urgent work done to my flat and in the Premier Inn for the next week.

Any TV or film recommendations to fill the time?

Got my firestick, any recommendations welcome :thumbright:

Worst week for it to happen as no real football. Will watch the Wales game(s) but no interest in any of the other international football.

Roll on Easter weekend when I’ll be at both Sunderland home and Coventry away :lol: :bluebird:

Just been watching a 4 part series "COMA" on ch 5 last one tomorrow been bril
An old guy flattens a teenager and it goes from there very believable.

Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:27 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:Just finished watching The Gentlemen series on Netflix by Guy Richie, well worth a watch.

My personal favourite though is Mr Inbetween, it's currently on Disney+ but you may be able to stream it some other way using your firestick. It's amazing...about a hitman that juggles parenthood with carrying out his contract killings, dark but funny as hell too!

Yep this. Worth watching the movie as well. Also called the gentlemen. Hugh grant is awesome in it.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:45 am

Not many good films out lately, but I did like these:
The Creator
Battle for the Western Front (and 1917 if you like this)
The Portable Door

Not seen many good TV Series lately except Mr Bates V The Post Office. But older ones, I've loved watching the following if you haven't seen them:
The Last of Us
From
Mr Robot
The Man in the High Castle
Ozark
The Blacklist

Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:17 am

I enjoyed the Lazurus project on Sky.

Bodies on Netflix was pretty decent. As was Inside Man on the iPlayer.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:21 am

Just watched one life with Anthony Hopkins good film about smuggling children fron the nazi,s and if you like gratuitous violence try love hate on its x about Irish drug dealers really good

Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:08 am

Most definitely the best series I've seen on Prime is Justified. Just fantastic.

As mentioned in another post, Man in the High Castle is excellent, as is The Americans.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:37 pm

American Conspiracy, The Octopus Murders, on Netflix is worth a watch. Although when you’ve finished it you’re none the wiser.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:26 pm

Queens gambit excellent watch

Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:05 pm

Ozark and the gentlemen. Both on Netflix. Both absolutely brilliant

Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:49 pm

Mr in between is good what that’s on fire stick