Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VT valuation of CCFC?

Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:39 pm

It has been suggested recently that VT values his shares in the club at a value of £200m

It has also been suggested that he has received three offers to buy the club at values between £100-150m and this got me thinking, with all the talk of court cases, maybe there is a reason behind his valuation.

In recent days we have learned that the club have lowered their valuation of the court case to £70m. The importance of this is that, when valuing the club, this is a figure that the club must be including in their overall valuation.

Sales of similar clubs to ours have attained values in the region of £130m

So if our market value is £130m and the club expect to attain in the region of £70m from court cases that could explain the £200m price tag.

It could also suggest, if we were to lose the court case, then our valuation could potentially just be £130m

Re: VT valuation of CCFC?

Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:02 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:It has been suggested recently that VT values his shares in the club at a value of £200m

It has also been suggested that he has received three offers to buy the club at values between £100-150m and this got me thinking, with all the talk of court cases, maybe there is a reason behind his valuation.

In recent days we have learned that the club have lowered their valuation of the court case to £70m. The importance of this is that, when valuing the club, this is a figure that the club must be including in their overall valuation.

So if our market value is £130m and the club expect to attain in the region of £70m from court cases that could explain the £200m price tag.

It could also suggest, if we were to lose the court case, then our valuation could potentially just be £130m

That would make a sort of sense... :thumbup:

What we do know is that VT has had serious offers, as well as tentative enquiries, with each being turned down...

Sadly, the serious offer that would work best for us was not only rejected but sent back with a message 'all bids considered, except yours!' :cry:

Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:17 pm

He's waiting on these court cases then he's selling, he's only loosing money at the club so I can't see him wanting to stay anyway

Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:19 pm

I was wondering this.

If he wins case then he banks the £70m and potentially sells club for £130m - that gives him his £200m

Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:29 pm

Sven wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:It has been suggested recently that VT values his shares in the club at a value of £200m

What we do know is that VT has had serious offers, as well as tentative enquiries, with each being turned down...

Sadly, the serious offer that would work best for us was not only rejected but sent back with a message 'all bids considered, except yours!' :cry:

That’s got to be the one from Sam then? :lol:

Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:15 pm

kyle08 wrote:He's waiting on these court cases then he's selling, he's only loosing money at the club so I can't see him wanting to stay anyway

I don’t believe that for a minute.

The money he is losing from the club is peanuts to him. As long as we don’t go down to League One, he can run the club like this. He’s lucky we weren’t relegated last season, we stayed up on a technicality.

To get what he wants for the club, we need to be PL.

Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:20 pm

Sven wrote:

We all know who that person is Chris, it’s been alluded to on this thread.

As you rightly say, it would work for the club.

But unfortunately Tan will never let his personal vendetta go.

I do think that when a takeover does happen, Dalman will be involved on the buying side in one way or the other.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:14 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

We all know who that person is Chris, it’s been alluded to on this thread.

As you rightly say, it would work for the club.

But unfortunately Tan will never let his personal vendetta go.

I do think that when a takeover does happen, Dalman will be involved on the buying side in one way or the other.

Out of the frying pan into the fryer.

What a spoilt brat of an owner we have.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:26 am

Sven wrote:

Chris, is it possible that a certain potential buyer is being excluded due to the position we found ourselves in on his last tenure?
Seems a shame TG not still about.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:04 am

The person being excluded from bidding is being done so because he is seen as far more popular than Tan himself, ( which I believe he is) and that is something Tan cannot ever accept.

In my opinion, we see a man with a passion for our club v a man with no feeling whatsoever for the club.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:39 am

Barclay1 wrote:The person being excluded from bidding is being done so because he is seen as far more popular than Tan himself, ( which I believe he is) and that is something Tan cannot ever accept.

In my opinion, we see a man with a passion for our club v a man with no feeling whatsoever for the club.

It would be great to have a man with a passion for our club as long as that man ran the club the right way. Unfortunately the man being alluded to here was forced to sell said club for a reason and do we really want to be in that position again?

Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:31 am

Barclay1 wrote:The person being excluded from bidding is being done so because he is seen as far more popular than Tan himself, ( which I believe he is) and that is something Tan cannot ever accept.

I for one would welcome Sam back. Yes he made mistakes and ran out of money. Hopefully he's learnt from those mistakes and it's been mentioned on here that money isn't a problem anymore.

His days were one of the best in recent history. He knew how to get the fans involved and listened to them. If we want to get near the level of passion that the jacks show for our derby, then Sam would make that happen.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:53 am

bluelover wrote:

It would be great to have a man with a passion for our club as long as that man ran the club the right way. Unfortunately the man being alluded to here was forced to sell said club for a reason and do we really want to be in that position again?

The position was caused by being stabbed in the back, Riddler, Temme and PMG.

Refused planning permission so they could all earn big time.

Sam never been relegated in his life and made our dreams come true.

Sam knows football.

Plus he has learned big time by his mistakes.

Offered £100 mill three times.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:30 pm

Sam offered £100M, VT has been given a way out of all this, and to potentially get ALL his money back, but his stubborness is childlike.

VT has the right to turn down offers. He also has the right to get as much of his money back as he can. He also said he would leave the club in good hands.

I know many have the right to think otherwise, but I can think of no safer pair of hands in today's society when it comes to football, both from a knowledge, and from a man manger perspective who can bring us all together.

I know VTs spies are watching, so here's something for you. Make yourself the big man here Vincent. Throw out personal grudges, and make yourself a hero. Set the club straight. That's something YOU can do that Sam, at this moment CANNOT.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm

When you look at all the "Top Clubs" many of their owners dislike each other for one reason or another.

But what is also common amongst the top clubs is that, despite their differences, they make it work - together.

Sam made mistakes. VT has made mistakes. Between them they have the footballing knowledge, business acument and knowledge of Academy football to make this work.

I am going out on a limb here but I honestly believe that if Sam and VT were able to work together then we would have a top 10 Premier League side.

And if VT is worried about his £200m then he only has to look at Brentford and see that they were valued at £400m recently. Money Talks.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:50 pm

Apart from this board Sam is NOT universally popular.

In fact many, including me, wouldn’t want him anywhere near my club. We might not have got relegated with Sam but we nearly lost everything.

Black Friday will never be forgotten by those of us who were supporters back then.

I have a feeling that Dalman will be behind a bid after all of these court cases. I’m not sure I’m too keen on that but if we rule out the Hammam bids there aren’t many others to be too choosey over !!

Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:12 pm

That's fair enough, can't argue with opinion.....

Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:37 pm

The fact Dalman wanted Charlton not long back tells me he does not have a great love for the City just his interest on his loans, Charlton area has a large Turkish/Greek community so I would not be surprised if he tries again, possibly taking Bulut with him.

Sam, suppose he made mistakes and depends on what his intentions are for the club.

VT, its his toy at the moment so have to put up with him

We have a squad of journeymen, no real love for the club except maybe one or two, we will continue to be in turmoil for a considerable time I suspect

Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:05 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Apart from this board Sam is NOT universally popular.

In fact many, including me, wouldn’t want him anywhere near my club. We might not have got relegated with Sam but we nearly lost everything.

Black Friday will never be forgotten by those of us who were supporters back then.

I have a feeling that Dalman will be behind a bid after all of these court cases. I’m not sure I’m too keen on that but if we rule out the Hammam bids there aren’t many others to be too choosey over !!

I think you would be totally shocked, Sam turned up at Reading away and walked over a mile and fans were shaking his hands,
Quiung for photos with him and singing his name.

Before Sam came along we were dying in League 4, crowds 4,000 at home and in debt going NO where.
Most of the fans that started going nowadays started through Sam starting an unbelievable journey the facts are there by how crowds surged up beyond.

As I said Sam knows the mistakes he has done.

Tan and Co give a shit and are running us in to the ground a fact.

So please don’t make out fans only on here are the only ones that want Sam back, you don’t lol Sam is still loved by thousands and I do know thousands.

I can tell you this This Regime is hated beyond.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:28 pm

I have no idea why Tan even owns a football club

It just costs him millions of pounds every year and as far as I can make out he has very little interest in football and hardly ever turns up at any games

I would say it’s a very expensive hobby for him but I don’t even think it’s a hobby he doesn’t seem to have any interest in us at all

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:18 pm

200 million that’s hilarious he will never get that whilst we are in the championship what did Birmingham get sold for recently or West Brom? I’m sure that’s what he actually put in due to being unable to run a football club properly, he’s not really learned from a long list of mistakes has he? His culture of “saving face” will no doubt cost him a few more million in the next few years.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:29 pm

goats wrote:200 million that’s hilarious he will never get that whilst we are in the championship what did Birmingham get sold for recently or West Brom? I’m sure that’s what he actually put in due to being unable to run a football club properly, he’s not really learned from a long list of mistakes has he? His culture of “saving face” will no doubt cost him a few more million in the next few years.

That was the point of my OP.

As far as how much the club is worth it cant be much more than £130m this being what similar clubs have sold for. But, if VT thinks he is going to get £70m in lost revenue from the court cases, that could explain his £200m valuation.

He is not, of course, going to sell the club for £130m and then let the potential £70m go to someone else.

And, for the record, I personally would love to see Sam back.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:30 pm

The problem for CCFC is that saving face is way more important to him than a few hundred million which may be another reason he wouldn't sell to Sam.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:49 pm

Can someone explain why Tan selling to Sam would be "losing face" for Tan?

Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I think you would be totally shocked, Sam turned up at Reading away and walked over a mile and fans were shaking his hands,

Before Sam came along we were dying in League 4, crowds 4,000 at home and in debt going NO where.
Most of the fans that started going nowadays started through Sam starting an unbelievable journey the facts are there by how crowds surged up beyond.

So please don’t make out fans only on here are the only ones that want Sam back, you don’t lol Sam is still loved by thousands and I do know thousands.

We all move in different spaces and whilst I completely accept that there are people who would welcome Sam back, there are similar (if not bigger) numbers who simply wouldn’t.

I wouldn’t claim the current regime is popular, even I would rather a change ! But I am realistic in knowing we have to be careful what we wish for and hope that whoever does end up taking over has both the money and genuine willingness to push our club forward.

I honestly believe that once this final/ultimate court case is finalised, Tan will do one of two things. He’ll either give it one more serious crack at promotion to improve his selling value or he’ll call it quits and sell knowing that he will have recovered a fair bit of his outlay.

I really believe that Tan will recover significant sums of money at the end of this case, a lot more than many anticipated.

An interesting few months either way.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:30 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:Can someone explain why Tan selling to Sam would be "losing face" for Tan?

well hes said in lots of news articles that he would never sell to sam, hes a ego maniac selling to sam would make him feel like hes been defeated.

i for one would welcome sam back with open arms, his dreams for cardiff where huge did he make mistakes ? of course he did who dont, but he done everything for his love for the club and welsh people at that!

im sure sam being the smart businessman he is now has alot more money, so he would i have no doubt take us to the next level he would also unite the fans again and get the atmosphere bouncing like it should be !

since tan has taken over, we have been in the prem twice yes but we all knew we would go straight down, we never did or still dont have a plan going forward. the red and badge change killed it for alot of fans its just not been the same since !

Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:44 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We all move in different spaces and whilst I completely accept that there are people who would welcome Sam back, there are similar (if not bigger) numbers who simply wouldn’t.

I wouldn’t claim the current regime is popular, even I would rather a change ! But I am realistic in knowing we have to be careful what we wish for and hope that whoever does end up taking over has both the money and genuine willingness to push our club forward.

I honestly believe that once this final/ultimate court case is finalised, Tan will do one of two things. He’ll either give it one more serious crack at promotion to improve his selling value or he’ll call it quits and sell knowing that he will have recovered a fair bit of his outlay.

I really believe that Tan will recover significant sums of money at the end of this case, a lot more than many anticipated.

An interesting few months either way.

That's how I see it and I remember too bloody well that Friday !!!

Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:45 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:Can someone explain why Tan selling to Sam would be "losing face" for Tan?

Because he's said on more than one occasion that he would not sell to Sam under any circumstances so he would be backing down and therefore losing face by going back on his word.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:47 pm

kyle08 wrote:

well hes said in lots of news articles that he would never sell to sam, hes a ego maniac selling to sam would make him feel like hes been defeated.

i for one would welcome sam back with open arms, his dreams for cardiff where huge did he make mistakes ? of course he did who dont, but he done everything for his love for the club and welsh people at that!

im sure sam being the smart businessman he is now has alot more money, so he would i have no doubt take us to the next level he would also unite the fans again and get the atmosphere bouncing like it should be !

since tan has taken over, we have been in the prem twice yes but we all knew we would go straight down, we never did or still dont have a plan going forward. the red and badge change killed it for alot of fans its just not been the same since !

I'm not sure Vincent Tan has ever been quoted in news articles as "never selling to Tan" but he has been quoted as saying the same by others who know him and his thinking...

Sam made 'mistakes' but his biggest downfall was the continued rejection of his plans to push the club forward with a new stadium; the background of which has been highlighted elsewhere on this thread...

Sam is in a far better position to push this club forward than he was previously and he would relish the challenge with key partners in place...

What most are misunderstanding is that Vincent Tan is effectively in debt to himself to the tune of c.£250m (also mentioned elsewhere) and not to recoup much/most of that would be too big a 'hit' to bear...

I'm assuming that regardless of whether Vincent Tan can or will absorb all or most of that in the event of an unforseen 'issue', the 'debt' is still a 'debt' and must come into play under FFP and PSR rules...? :?

Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:52 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:The problem for CCFC is that saving face is way more important to him than a few hundred million which may be another reason he wouldn't sell to Sam.

Correct selling to Sam would embarrass Tan in his eyes.

As Sam absolutely smashed him in the court cases, not only did Sam get the £24 mill agreed and owed as signed by Tan when Ran took over, Sam got £4mill costs, £millions in interest, plus the Judge ordered if City got promoted Tan had to pay a £2mill bonus.

If Tan had honoured his original agreement City would of saved about £10mill.

Tan also wore the identical long brown coat Sam use to wear and wanted to be loved like Sam was.

Many forget how well our Accademy did under Sam and how many Welsh lads played for us and the passion that ran through our club which is sadly missed nowadays.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.