Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Craig Bellamy ‘

Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:17 am

Craig Bellamy is the obvious replacement for Rob Page.

He had an excellent interview for the job with the FA of Wales a few years back, only losing out to Ryan Giggs on a split vote.

Is a modern thinking coach and is ready to shake players out of their comfort zone and drive things forward.

Has gained his coaching spurs at Anderlect and Burnley under Vincent Kompany, and enjoyed the experience of working under other top managers such as Bobby Robson, Brendan Rodgers, Kenny Dalglish and Roberto Mancini.

He is 45 this July, commands respect from a terrific club and international career.

His time is now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Craig Bellamy ‘

Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:36 am

He should of been given it in the first place, page out Bellamy in

Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:17 am

Rob Phillips says faw no appetite to replace page! Compensation about 500k? But bellers perfect choice for the youngsters to progress

Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:41 am

I would like Bellamy. BUT Steve Cooper is available, surely we woulf fancy it? He would be an excellent choice with our current squad

Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:53 pm

ccfcwellman wrote:I would like Bellamy. BUT Steve Cooper is available, surely we woulf fancy it? He would be an excellent choice with our current squad

Sod it, let’s go all out… Cooper with Bellamy as his assistant. There we go, everyone’s happy :thumbright: :lol:

Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Rob Phillips says faw no appetite to replace page! Compensation about 500k? But bellers perfect choice for the youngsters to progress

Mooney hates Page, he will be desperate for him to go.

Bellamy a good shout.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:35 pm

If wales want to qualify for major tournaments on a regular bases,we need to install a manager with international managerial experience,I’m all for old players being given coaching positions but experience is a massive advantage at this level

Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:02 pm

No thanks

Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:56 pm

Bebbsyboy wrote:No thanks

Craig would be perfect for the Wales job on so many levels, so I'm interested to know your reasoning...? :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:06 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Rob Phillips says faw no appetite to replace page! Compensation about 500k? But bellers perfect choice for the youngsters to progress

Mooney hates Page, he will be desperate for him to go.

Bellamy a good shout.

Apparently page settled their disagreement ! So left with page until end of WC qualification although contract ends after WC but can't see us getting there.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:08 pm

Bellamy would be perfect.