Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sol Bamba:

Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:12 pm

Sol Bamba on Erol Bulut:

"I think Cardiff have found a good manager. Everyone says it and I can see from the way the team is playing that the players love him. If I could give advice to Cardiff it would be to tie him down, definitely.

"I think eventually they will and it would be the right thing to do because if you want to build anything, you have got to have consistency and a vision. I think if you give a manager one year, it's always hard to have a vision. So hopefully he can sign a new deal and move forward."

Re: Sol Bamba:

Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:07 pm

very true words from bamba here, players will be more settled under a manager who they know is here to stay.

as far as a first season goes, under the situations we have been in hes done a great job, id like to see how we do with a full team he brought in :bluebird:

Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:24 pm

I'm still 50/50.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I'm still 50/50.

The question is who will come in and do a better job with the restrictions this owner imposes?

I can’t think of many, despite my concerns with Bulut’s tactics.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:29 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

The question is who will come in and do a better job with the restrictions this owner imposes?

Most likely no one of use.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:51 pm

its well documented in the football world Bulut is rated and nice to hear Sol coming out in support of our Manager

deserves an extension to his contract . will be lots of offers on the table for him if we mess him around

:bluescarf:

Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

My thoughts exactly

Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

You can't be 50/50 forever as the season is basically over for us & even though we would all like to win every game results don't really matter so now would be a good time to get off that fence before you get splinters in your arse.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Spot On .

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:59 am

Welshman in CA wrote:

You can't be 50/50 forever as the season is basically over for us & even though we would all like to win every game results don't really matter so now would be a good time to get off that fence before you get splinters in your arse.

I'll wait till the end of the season thank you. Is that alright by you?

Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:55 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

I'll wait till the end of the season thank you. Is that alright by you?

Obviously you can do whatever suits you.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:32 pm

I'm not impressed with recent results but I'm also mindful that Bulut didn't have the budget he expected due to an embargo and FFP rules.

He has proven that he can keep us up comfortably with those barriers. What I would like to see if what he can do with a free reign on the transfer market

I say give him a one year contract with the following clauses

1) if club back him in transfer market, and we finish top 6, he gets a 12 month extension
2) if club back him, and we finish 7th or lower, then time to say goodbye
3) if club don't back him then I suspect he'll go off his own accord - but this will say a lot about the direction our board plan to go in what is our 125th year