MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:06 pm

YES

MY VIEW


TWO OWN GOALS BY COVENTRY’S KITCHEN & UNBELIEVABLE AWAY VICTORY FOR CARDIFF AGAINST ALL ODDS.


City totally improved from their previous two games , what a contrast.

Unbelievable change.



Cardiff were 6/1 to beat Coventry


Cardiff had lost their last 2 games , Coventry had win their last 4 games


Cardiff had actually looked OK going forward. But the accuracy and decision-making in the final third had been nowhere near good enough and Grants Miss was unbelievable.






FIRST-HALF: Coventry had been the better side

24th min: Milan crossed into the area for Simmo to force home 1-0


29th min: What a great own goal by Kirchen 1-1

From then on it was end to end.







SECOND-HALF: Cardiff improved drastically and with hejd massive Coventry pressure.

Coventry started creating some good chances.


Karlan Grant missed a total virtually open goal in the 53rd min, wow.

Own goal again by Kitchen 68 - Bowler's cross bounces in off Kitching! City ahead! (1-2)


75th min: 76 - Wints replaces David Turnbull for the #Bluebirds.


84th min: Haji Wright had the ball in the net but the flag was up.


Cardiff had to with stand massive pressure.









COVENTRY CITY 1 CARDIFF CITY 2
H-T 1-1



Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 28,529 Away Support 1,680
Attachments
D4A2DF61-60E8-40F9-9AAE-30F45575A974.jpeg
D4A2DF61-60E8-40F9-9AAE-30F45575A974.jpeg (155.36 KiB) Viewed 2427 times
9045F2C5-457B-41C2-8B70-8F5587A9954E.png
9045F2C5-457B-41C2-8B70-8F5587A9954E.png (563.26 KiB) Viewed 2446 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 163856
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby bluebird58 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:16 pm

We are the archetypal Championship team - we can beat anybody and lose to anybody!
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58
 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: BARRY

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:17 pm

After 2 lack lustre pitiful performances a hard fought win against a very good side

Rallsy MoM…big shout outs to Siopis, Goutas, Phillips, JC and Turnbell
oohahhPaulMillar
 
Posts: 2650
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:18 am

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby kyle08 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:24 pm

i wont lie at the start i was like ok this is decent, then they scored i was fuming, they didnt give up kept going and got the rewards, thanks to a certain player ;) :bluebird:
User avatar
kyle08
Moderator
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby cardiffboy1995 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:27 pm

Just happy the players showed the effort today.
That’s all we ask for!
cardiffboy1995
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:31 pm

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:30 pm

Keep it tight and who knows in the championship.
User avatar
llan bluebird
 
Posts: 9896
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:32 pm

We match them in the beginning then gave the goal away. We did very well to get back in the game and it was deserved I felt.

The 2nd half Coventry struggled to break us down. I felt we could have capitalise on that but really didn't take advantage of it. Bowlers long shot was the best we could give until that 2nd og came along which to me was very fortunate for us. About time we had a bit of luck.

We did very well to hang on in the end. We battled hard in our defence and that is where the game was won. I would have like us to have that release up front but fortunately it was not needed. A very welcomed win on the road.
User avatar
Bakedalasker
Moderator
 
Posts: 19781
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:46 am
Location: Derby

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby Alston&Evans » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:39 pm

Bulet = Manager of the month for April!
:D
Alston&Evans
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:14 pm
Location: Merthyr

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:49 pm

Good result better performance deserved the win ... but why does bulut seem to have a poor grasp of substitutions? 80+ minutes and brings on rambo problem with this is he is not match fit so you are weakening the midfield at most crucial time in game..... and miete needed replacing at 60 mins was knackered and! this is not first time with questionable substitutions .
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 29690
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby Underhill1927 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Good result better performance deserved the win ... but why does bulut seem to have a poor grasp of substitutions? 80+ minutes and brings on rambo problem with this is he is not match fit so you are weakening the midfield at most crucial time in game..... and miete needed replacing at 60 mins was knackered and! this is not first time with questionable substitutions .



Why not just enjoy the win!?
Underhill1927
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:11 pm

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby Sven » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We match them in the beginning then gave the goal away. We did very well to get back in the game and it was deserved I felt.

The 2nd half Coventry struggled to break us down. I felt we could have capitalise on that but really didn't take advantage of it. Bowlers long shot was the best we could give until that 2nd og came along which to me was very fortunate for us. About time we had a bit of luck.

We did very well to hang on in the end. We battled hard in our defence and that is where the game was won. I would have like us to have that release up front but fortunately it was not needed. A very welcomed win on the road.

A very good analogy there, Ian... :thumbup:

We're a strange side this year; winning and losing when we really shouldn't...

And to top a very good day, our country cousins lost to a very good QPR volley...! :ayatollah:
Attachments
20240401_171602.jpg
20240401_171602.jpg (62.81 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
20240401_170559.jpg
20240401_170559.jpg (77.29 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 27594
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:55 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Good result better performance deserved the win ... but why does bulut seem to have a poor grasp of substitutions? 80+ minutes and brings on rambo problem with this is he is not match fit so you are weakening the midfield at most crucial time in game..... and miete needed replacing at 60 mins was knackered and! this is not first time with questionable substitutions .



Why not just enjoy the win!?



I did and I said we deserved the win ? Was making a point about subs or is that not allowed?? :o
Rambo made numerous errors in defensive areas plus booked as couldn't get into game which highlights my point
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 29690
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby kyle08 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:57 pm

8 points from play offs aswell :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
kyle08
Moderator
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby Roath_Blue » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:00 pm

Rambo needs game time to ease him back to fitness but I agree that this game time shouldn't really be at the end to a good Coventry side who are dangerous enough to punish us.

I thought the team looked good today going forward. Just a shame we seem to be hit and miss. A bit more consistency next season and we can push on
Roath_Blue
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon May 01, 2023 9:24 pm

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby Underhill1927 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Good result better performance deserved the win ... but why does bulut seem to have a poor grasp of substitutions? 80+ minutes and brings on rambo problem with this is he is not match fit so you are weakening the midfield at most crucial time in game..... and miete needed replacing at 60 mins was knackered and! this is not first time with questionable substitutions .



Why not just enjoy the win!?



I did and I said we deserved the win ? Was making a point about subs or is that not allowed?? :o
Rambo made numerous errors in defensive areas plus booked as couldn't get into game which highlights my point



Fair enough mate. Nothing is ever perfect so sometimes I think the slight negatives are best ignored.
Underhill1927
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:11 pm

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:11 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Rambo needs game time to ease him back to fitness but I agree that this game time shouldn't really be at the end to a good Coventry side who are dangerous enough to punish us.

I thought the team looked good today going forward. Just a shame we seem to be hit and miss. A bit more consistency next season and we can push on




Most players have minutes in the U21's after such a long absence, he is miles off the pace
User avatar
llan bluebird
 
Posts: 9896
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby englishbluebird » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:19 pm

Crazy, crazy league
I didnt expect it
We made Sunderland look like Brazil the other day and they lost 5-1 at home to Blackburn :lol: :lol:
Madness
Bulut and the players have done an outstanding job to get to 56 points in all fairness
What we lack in creativity and quality (sometimes), You have to say the effort is there :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
User avatar
englishbluebird
 
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:16 am
Location: caerphilly

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby snoopystorm » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:23 pm

Sometimes you need the luck to go with you, today we had the luck. Looking forward to my last home game of the season now on Saturday :clap:
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
User avatar
snoopystorm
 
Posts: 2581
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:12 pm
Location: Maesteg

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:38 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Good result better performance deserved the win ... but why does bulut seem to have a poor grasp of substitutions? 80+ minutes and brings on rambo problem with this is he is not match fit so you are weakening the midfield at most crucial time in game..... and miete needed replacing at 60 mins was knackered and! this is not first time with questionable substitutions .



Why not just enjoy the win!?



I did and I said we deserved the win ? Was making a point about subs or is that not allowed?? :o
Rambo made numerous errors in defensive areas plus booked as couldn't get into game which highlights my point



Fair enough mate. Nothing is ever perfect so sometimes I think the slight negatives are best ignored.



Probably right about slight negatives and tbh it was only bit about this game that was negative...
.. no problem with who came on just the timing of them
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 29690
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:28 pm

Table:
Attachments
BAB6EEF9-7A78-4428-BC3F-19441EDFDDC3.jpeg
BAB6EEF9-7A78-4428-BC3F-19441EDFDDC3.jpeg (224.35 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 163856
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby Richy roofer ccfc » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:11 pm

Why can’t we play like that every week ?
I don’t get it
So desperate for a striker now it’s crazy
Great result and my youngest had Cardiff 2-1 to win 19/1 happy f*cking days
Richy roofer ccfc
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:08 pm

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:15 pm

01/04/2024 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 28,529 Away Support 1,680
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 163856
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:59 pm

Richy roofer ccfc wrote:Why can’t we play like that every week ?
I don’t get it
So desperate for a striker now it’s crazy
Great result and my youngest had Cardiff 2-1 to win 19/1 happy f*cking days


:thumbup:
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 25063
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amazonbot [Bot], Bytespider [Bot], Clickagy [Bot], DotBot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Grapeshot [Bot], ias [Bot], ORCHARD BLUEBIRD, Proximic [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 37 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.