Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:39 pm

Madness in my view:

Only 6 games left / we are not consistent / we don’t score enough goals / we are awful at home / we would need to win the 6 games in a row and hope for 5 teams to virtually all go on terrible runs.

And if we go a goal down Erol, your words “We lose confidence”





Erol Bulut:

Cardiff City will not give up on their faint Championship play-off hopes, says manager Erol Bulut.

Monday's 2-1 win at Coventry means the Bluebirds are eight points adrift of the top six with only six games left.


Cardiff were in more realistic contention for the play-offs earlier this season and, although their chances are now rather remote, Bulut is not ruling anything out.


“It will be really difficult but we will not give up," he told BBC Radio Wales.
“If we had beaten Sunderland [Cardiff lost 2-0 at home on Friday], maybe I would speak a bit differently.
“We will fight for the rest of the season, for the last six games. Anything can happen. My guys will give everything.”
Attachments
D0485637-07BF-405E-80C1-C823810C51F8.jpeg
D0485637-07BF-405E-80C1-C823810C51F8.jpeg (171.79 KiB) Viewed 2193 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 163856
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Postby Underhill1927 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Madness in my view:

Only 6 games left / we are not consistent / we don’t score enough goals / we are awful at home / we would need to win the 6 games in a row and hope for 5 teams to virtually all go on terrible runs.

And if we go a goal down Erol, your words “We lose confidence”





Erol Bulut:

Cardiff City will not give up on their faint Championship play-off hopes, says manager Erol Bulut.

Monday's 2-1 win at Coventry means the Bluebirds are eight points adrift of the top six with only six games left.


Cardiff were in more realistic contention for the play-offs earlier this season and, although their chances are now rather remote, Bulut is not ruling anything out.


“It will be really difficult but we will not give up," he told BBC Radio Wales.
“If we had beaten Sunderland [Cardiff lost 2-0 at home on Friday], maybe I would speak a bit differently.
“We will fight for the rest of the season, for the last six games. Anything can happen. My guys will give everything.”


I think a fair bit gets lost in translation with Bulut’s comments. On reflection this season is night and day compared to last season.

I’d be happy for Bulut to be given a chance next year to get us some of his own players in. I am critical of his style of play but hoping it improves with his own players in place.

As for the playoffs, he’d get ridiculed on here if he gave up so can’t win
Underhill1927
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:11 pm

Re: Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Postby New Day Rising » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:48 pm

Today the players looked like they had a point to prove against a decent side .

Against Swansea and Sunderland it was as if they expected to win against two side on a long losing run ..

For me this is about wanting it badly enough you force a result ..
New Day Rising
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:29 pm

Re: Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:51 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Madness in my view:

Only 6 games left / we are not consistent / we don’t score enough goals / we are awful at home / we would need to win the 6 games in a row and hope for 5 teams to virtually all go on terrible runs.

And if we go a goal down Erol, your words “We lose confidence”





Erol Bulut:

Cardiff City will not give up on their faint Championship play-off hopes, says manager Erol Bulut.

Monday's 2-1 win at Coventry means the Bluebirds are eight points adrift of the top six with only six games left.


Cardiff were in more realistic contention for the play-offs earlier this season and, although their chances are now rather remote, Bulut is not ruling anything out.


“It will be really difficult but we will not give up," he told BBC Radio Wales.
“If we had beaten Sunderland [Cardiff lost 2-0 at home on Friday], maybe I would speak a bit differently.
“We will fight for the rest of the season, for the last six games. Anything can happen. My guys will give everything.”


I think a fair bit gets lost in translation with Bulut’s comments. On reflection this season is night and day compared to last season.

I’d be happy for Bulut to be given a chance next year to get us some of his own players in. I am critical of his style of play but hoping it improves with his own players in place.

As for the playoffs, he’d get ridiculed on here if he gave up so can’t win




I disagree, the play offs are a dream away, beyond and most can see that.

As to staying next season, I agree with you as Tan won’t bring better in and we need stability.

One more season, he deserves another year.

I am still 50 / 50 about him , but as I say we won’t get better under this Regime.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 163856
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:55 pm

It was gone as soon as we lost to Sunderland.
A sunderland team who got thumped by Blackburn 5-1.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
User avatar
Sam ReaN
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Postby Roath_Blue » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm

Don't think it's realistic that we get play offs this season anymore.

What I do think is realistic though is pushing for playoffs next season if we can back Bulut this summer and bring in a proven striker also
Roath_Blue
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon May 01, 2023 9:24 pm

Re: Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Postby cityone » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:59 pm

To be fair to Bulut i heard the interview and it was Rob Phillips who threw the question to him. He said that you are only 8 points off the play offs, a stupid question really from Rob.
User avatar
cityone
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Hawick, scottish borders

Re: Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:00 pm

Ian aka Bakedalaskar was spot on earlier when he said consistency has been our issue.

That’s what has cost us top six.

The home games against the likes of Sunderland and Birmingham are games we should have won.

But I will say it’s crazy that we were on that awful run in January and are still in the top half and just eight points off the top six.


Let’s be real, we won’t be in the play-offs this season.

But I do think that if we stick with Bulut (we won’t do any better), bring in a few good quality additions and sort out the consistency then we will be able to get top six next season.

We know we can beat top ten teams, we’ve done it to Ipswich and Coventry in recent weeks.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Moderator
 
Posts: 23107
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:05 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:It was gone as soon as we lost to Sunderland.
A sunderland team who got thumped by Blackburn 5-1.



Sam,

I have to agree with you.

Sunderland had lost 6 & drawn 1 before our game, put their kids out and not only beat us outplayed us.

A poor Swansea team did the same.

This happens all the time and we have never been consistent.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 163856
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:06 pm

cityone wrote:To be fair to Bulut i heard the interview and it was Rob Phillips who threw the question to him. He said that you are only 8 points off the play offs, a stupid question really from Rob.



Paul,

Fair enough, daft by Rob.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 163856
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Madness in my view:

Only 6 games left / we are not consistent / we don’t score enough goals / we are awful at home / we would need to win the 6 games in a row and hope for 5 teams to virtually all go on terrible runs.

And if we go a goal down Erol, your words “We lose confidence”





Erol Bulut:

Cardiff City will not give up on their faint Championship play-off hopes, says manager Erol Bulut.

Monday's 2-1 win at Coventry means the Bluebirds are eight points adrift of the top six with only six games left.


Cardiff were in more realistic contention for the play-offs earlier this season and, although their chances are now rather remote, Bulut is not ruling anything out.


“It will be really difficult but we will not give up," he told BBC Radio Wales.
“If we had beaten Sunderland [Cardiff lost 2-0 at home on Friday], maybe I would speak a bit differently.
“We will fight for the rest of the season, for the last six games. Anything can happen. My guys will give everything.”


I think a fair bit gets lost in translation with Bulut’s comments. On reflection this season is night and day compared to last season.

I’d be happy for Bulut to be given a chance next year to get us some of his own players in. I am critical of his style of play but hoping it improves with his own players in place.

As for the playoffs, he’d get ridiculed on here if he gave up so can’t win




I disagree, the play offs are a dream away, beyond and most can see that.

As to staying next season, I agree with you as Tan won’t bring better in and we need stability.

One more season, he deserves another year.

I am still 50 / 50 about him , but as I say we won’t get better under this Regime.


I agree although I don’t think Bulut is just the best we can get under this regime, he’s the best a club in our position can expect whoever is the owner right now.

I, like you, am not convinced by Bulut but there has been a massive improvement from last year and therefore he deserves a full pre season and transfer window at the very least.

Even if we had different owners I’m struggling to think who we could REALISTICALLY get in as manager who would be better than Bulut on paper.
piledriver64
 
Posts: 4593
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Postby actionman » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:43 pm

One of our problems has been we haven't drawn enough of the games we have lost.
actionman
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:01 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amazon [Bot], Amazonbot [Bot], Bytespider [Bot], Clickagy [Bot], Google [Bot], Grapeshot [Bot], ias [Bot], Igovernor, Proximic [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 51 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.