Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City are keeping a close eye on:

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:48 am

Cardiff City are keeping a close eye on Will Evans from League 2 Newport County, No doubt others will be doing the same.

Will Evans will be 27 years old in July.

For me if he was really good or Championship quality he would have been snapped up, please let’s only bring players in that will actually impress our team.

Re: Cardiff City are keeping a close eye on:

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:14 am

If this is true then we will never change, always going for lower league untested talent, it hardly ever works out for us

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:01 am

kyle08 wrote:If this is true then we will never change, always going for lower league untested talent, it hardly ever works out for us

Got it direct Kyke from one of our coaches

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:If this is true then we will never change, always going for lower league untested talent, it hardly ever works out for us

Annis

A lot of fans will be holding back on renewing the season ticket on the strength of the signings we make
if the boat is not pushed out this season or leaving it late i am afraid the crowds will be down significantly
there is only so much you can watch and lets hope farmer dido and meite are gone and we are not going to sign another donkey up front.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:25 am

montyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis

A lot of fans will be holding back on renewing the season ticket on the strength of the signings we make
if the boat is not pushed out this season or leaving it late i am afraid the crowds will be down significantly
there is only so much you can watch and lets hope farmer dido and meite are gone and we are not going to sign another donkey up front.

I agree Monty,

Sales have so far been the lowest for over 15 years.

I am hoping the news I heard comes to fruit and this Summer gets exciting for us all

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:34 am

I agree Annis.

If he has early 20s and he is performing like he has been then there would still be room for improvement and for a small fee it would be worth a gamble.

But at 27, taking a step up to the Championshop from L2 I don't think would work. Like you said, if he was good enough he would already be at a higher league than L2

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:49 am

They’re desperate to sign the next Szmodics.

But the reality is most players from the lower leagues are there for a reason.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:02 am

If this is true and he comes in I will back him of course

However, signing players from the lower leagues hasn't particularly worked out for us in recent history;

Nelson, Day, Whyte, Bogle, Watters, Meite, Revell, Eoin Doyle to name a few from recent seasons

We have found a small number I admit; Ng, Etheridge and Mendez-Laing but they have been too far in between for this tactic to be classed as successful

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:
montyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis

I agree Monty,

Sales have so far been the lowest for over 15 years.

I am hoping the news I heard comes to fruit and this Summer gets exciting for us all

I’d love some good news Annis.
Sales no doubt affected by the Sky deal too.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:17 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:I agree Annis.

If he has early 20s and he is performing like he has been then there would still be room for improvement and for a small fee it would be worth a gamble.

But at 27, taking a step up to the Championshop from L2 I don't think would work. Like you said, if he was good enough he would already be at a higher league than L2

Agreed, we don’t need to go down that road, going backwards again , but we are def monitoring him.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:30 pm

This is what worries me about next season.

The idea that you give Bulut a new contract and then back him financially is a pie in the sky fantasy.

Whoever is our manager next season will have to trade in the bargain basement and the loan market and this thread would seem to confirm that's where we'll be shopping.

I wonder if Bulut is interested in this player? Or have the club decided that as he won't be there next season they'll let Purse make some recommendations as to who they should be looking at?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:13 pm

I will be renewing my season ticket but im not being forced into doing so until i have a good idea as to where we're heading next season. If im optomistic i will stick with the expensive seat i currently have. If not illlook to take the cheapest option available. After all is said and done there will be plenty of choice out there. Would love to know the details of the big plan annis ralks about. Surely any business man would be getting this news out there to sell more seasons!

Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:33 pm

I hope they are keeping an eye on L2 & L1 and premier league U21 games !!! Its got to be someone's job

Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:39 pm

I know there is quite a lot of fans not wanting this, I think this would be a great catch, not a lot of money, but if it comes off, great rewards.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:56 pm

It is well known in higher circles that Tan is trusting to luck. Looking for a lucky break.

Now, luck is one thing if it is mixed with a certain amount of knowledge.

Key word here is Cheap, key phrase is not a lot wasted if it doesn't work out.

What does this show for our ambition, and Tans financial commitment?

And we want to sell season tickets?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:39 pm

3 in front of me have decided not to review and just pick their games unless he is sacked or leaves.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:13 pm

We should be keeping a close eye on our manager for next season as our main target ... :shock:

As for Evans - Done well this season .... Wrexham would be a good move for him - if he was to leave Newport Co .