Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"We won't get better than Bulut"!!!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:22 am

I have read lots of posts saying that Bulut should be given a new contract because we won’t get better. Not a good enough reason for me. I understand why people think like that but it’s a bit negative.

Yes Tan has recruited within and cheaply in the past but we’ve also had Warnock and big Mick. OK Mick didn’t work out but he was a very experienced manager with 2 promotions to the prem.

Then there’s Erol Bulut, who these people want to keep cos they think we won’t get better. And be honest, who had heard of him this time last year.

My point is, Tan has also recruited good managers in the past so maybe, just maybe Tan hasn’t given Bulut a new contract because he has someone more experienced already sorted waiting to take over in the summer and is just letting Bulut see out his contract. :thumbup:

Re: "We won't get better than Bulut"!!!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:36 am

MikeO76 wrote:I have read lots of posts saying that Bulut should be given a new contract because we won’t get better. Not a good enough reason for me. I understand why people think like that but it’s a bit negative.

Yes Tan has recruited within and cheaply in the past but we’ve also had Warnock and big Mick. OK Mick didn’t work out but he was a very experienced manager with 2 promotions to the prem.

Then there’s Erol Bulut, who these people want to keep cos they think we won’t get better. And be honest, who had heard of him this time last year.

My point is, Tan has also recruited good managers in the past so maybe, just maybe Tan hasn’t given Bulut a new contract because he has someone more experienced already sorted waiting to take over in the summer and is just letting Bulut see out his contract. :thumbup:

May have a point as it does not make any sense not giving bulut contract unless something else in the offering? I don't think it's the money as we pay managers like NW bulut decent wages ... can't see him going for a cheap option like purse as even he can see decent manager decent chance of getting top 6 generally ..... he's usless at running club but not blind as some indicate..... yet to see anyone come up with a realistic reason for not giving "HIM" a contract just why may not do so? eg takeover

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:36 am

MikeO76 wrote:I have read lots of posts saying that Bulut should be given a new contract because we won’t get better. Not a good enough reason for me. I understand why people think like that but it’s a bit negative.

Good post.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:01 am

pembroke allan wrote:

May have a point as it does not make any sense not giving bulut contract unless something else in the offering? I don't think it's the money as we pay managers like NW bulut decent wages ... can't see him going for a cheap option like purse as even he can see decent manager decent chance of getting top 6 generally ..... he's usless at running club but not blind as some indicate..... yet to see anyone come up with a realistic reason for not giving "HIM" a contract just why may not do so? eg takeover

Yeah I agree, Tan has been bitten too many times to go cheap again.....surely!

Ever since Annis posted that there could be something big happening this summer, a takeover has been on my mind but I'm trying not to think that might be the reason for Bulut not having a new contract. We've been let down by the club so many times before.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:44 am

MikeO76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Ever since Annis posted that there could be something big happening this summer, a takeover has been on my mind but I'm trying not to think that might be the reason for Bulut not having a new contract. We've been let down by the club so many times before.

To me that is only logical reason no contract been offered as standard practice new owners/investment would want their own man in? Even Tan can see getting better in is preferable to getting a purse in...... so cannot see any other rationale for not giving him new contract if for only a year .

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:49 am

pembroke allan wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

To me that is only logical reason no contract been offered as standard practice new owners/investment would want their own man in? Even Tan can see getting better in is preferable to getting a purse in...... so cannot see any other rationale for not giving him new contract if for only a year .

I hope you are right, it's time we had some good news.

If Tan does stay, I do think we can do better than Bulut.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:26 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I hope you are right, it's time we had some good news.

If Tan does stay, I do think we can do better than Bulut.

I've never prescribed to no one of use will come here ? Most managers would jump at opportunity to manage us the only exceptions is ones who want premier league club or nothing else ! What is certain is there are better progressive young managers out there that could be a catalyst for getting us promoted... howe and others have started in div 2 believe one promoted efl club as youngest manager in efl.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:53 pm

Mike, I have to disagree.

There is enough managers coming and going in the championship each season, which means competition for the decent managers at this level.

We already know that Tan doesn't like putting his hand in his pocket, and with limited funds being offered in the transfer window, I don't feel we are as attractive a proposition as some other clubs who probably will be/have already had a new manager this season.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:22 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Mike, I have to disagree.

There is enough managers coming and going in the championship each season, which means competition for the decent managers at this level.

We already know that Tan doesn't like putting his hand in his pocket, and with limited funds being offered in the transfer window, I don't feel we are as attractive a proposition as some other clubs who probably will be/have already had a new manager this season.

Theres always better proposition than your club whoever it is.... does a manager wait for the perfect club when out of a job? Some like Cooper waiting like vulture for relegated team to sack manager or bottom premier league club doing same... fortunately its a very small pool for managers to work in ... over half the managers in championship have lost their jobs this season..

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:33 pm

I understand your thinking but we are a big club in the Championship and there will be many out of work managers who would jump at a managerial vacancy at Cardiff. If not just to get back managing again.

Look at some of the new appointed managers this season:
Tony Mowbray at Birmingham
Danny Rohl at Sheff Wed
Marti Cifuentes at QPR
Liam Manning at Bristol City
Luke Williams at Swansea
Michael Beale at Sunderland
Steven Schumacher at Stoke
Ian Foster at Plymouth
John Eustace at Blackburn

Do you really think that none of those managers would come to Cardiff?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:32 pm

MikeO76 wrote:

I understand your thinking but we are a big club in the Championship and there will be many out of work managers who would jump at a managerial vacancy at Cardiff. If not just to get back managing again.

Danny Rohl at Sheff Wed
Marti Cifuentes at QPR
Luke Williams at Swansea
Ian Foster at Plymouth

Sure, some of them would have.

But we are higher than every team on that list so I fail to see why you would want us to get rid of Bulut to bring in a manager from a team that is below us in the league

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:11 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Danny Rohl at Sheff Wed
Marti Cifuentes at QPR
Luke Williams at Swansea
Ian Foster at Plymouth

Sure, some of them would have.

But we are higher than every team on that list so I fail to see why you would want us to get rid of Bulut to bring in a manager from a team that is below us in the league

Just because they are below us in the league, it doesn't mean they wouldn't do a better job than Bulut. Most if not all those managers excepted a job in an already struggling team during the season. So why wouldn't they say yes to a job in a club higher up the league.

My point is, there are managers out there that would come to Cardiff. Managers who could get more out of this squad than Bulut currently is.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:31 pm

Agree with the OP. Grinds my gears when the 'we won't get any better' line keeps getting repeated by the same people.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:38 pm

JB1 wrote:Agree with the OP. Grinds my gears when the 'we won't get any better' line keeps getting repeated by the same people.

Why people think we are not worthy or big enough to get a decent manager is baffling .... dare say we could be classed as a challenge for either up and coming manager or an opportunity for more experience one to make his mark ... owner doesn't stop them coming here as far worse than tan manage to get decent managers.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:39 pm

How can anyone back a manager who has lost more games than he's won?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:54 pm

I’ve been consistent over the last few months that Bulut should stay.

My opinion is unchanged.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:54 pm

founny1 wrote:How can anyone back a manager who has lost more games than he's won?

Also has the best win % of managers in recent years.

See, we can all roll out a stat to suit our agenda.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
founny1 wrote:How can anyone back a manager who has lost more games than he's won?

Also has the best win % of managers in recent years.

See, we can all roll out a stat to suit our agenda.

Only top 6 teams have won more can't be bad.... anyway its points that count out of any statistics one thing cannot argue with.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:29 pm

MikeO76 wrote:

Danny Rohl at Sheff Wed
Marti Cifuentes at QPR
Luke Williams at Swansea
Ian Foster at Plymouth

they would jump at a chance with cardiff because they are all terrible managers, most of them flopped and got sacked.

bulut has done a great job and with backing he will do better.

and that added factor of having the best win % as a manager at this club, with the huge transfer restrictions we have had !

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:56 pm

kyle08 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Danny Rohl at Sheff Wed
Marti Cifuentes at QPR
Luke Williams at Swansea
Ian Foster at Plymouth

they would jump at a chance with cardiff because they are all terrible managers, most of them flopped and got sacked.

and that added factor of having the best win % as a manager at this club, with the huge transfer restrictions we have had !

Agree on that.

The only one on that list I’d consider is Eustace, but I’d still favour Bulut over him.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:40 pm

kyle08 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Danny Rohl at Sheff Wed
Marti Cifuentes at QPR
Luke Williams at Swansea
Ian Foster at Plymouth

There's probably only a hand full of managers that haven't been sacked in their career.

They are definitely not all terrible mangers. Some have had very good spells at clubs, Mowbray, Schumacher, Manning, Cifuentes, Eustace, all of which could well do a good job at Cardiff.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:41 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I’ve been consistent over the last few months that Bulut should stay.

My opinion is unchanged.

And I respect that :thumbup:

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:47 pm

kyle08 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Danny Rohl at Sheff Wed
Marti Cifuentes at QPR
Luke Williams at Swansea
Ian Foster at Plymouth

And there's another line that gets put out over and over.. Bulut hasn't been backed. Admittedly he hasn't got all of the players on his wishlist, but that's the same for any manager. He has been allowed to bring in players though and he has been backed.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:55 pm

Dalman has stated that Bulut didn't come cheap and we were lucky to get him. So i doubt money is the issue.

Lets look at Cooper. National aged grade teams then Swansea in the championship, sacked at Forest when struggling in the premier league. You think that many Premier League chairmen are shortlisting him, I don't. Potter is still in the wings, he gets the first mid sized club.

Teams coming down have managers who have records being promoted, leaving this season's big guns who fail to get promotion. Soton, Southampton, Ipswich, Leeds, Boro won't be getting rid of their manager so that leaves Norwich, WBA of the bigger guns but they have bigger name managers as well.......

Bulut has done well, but its the most soul-destroying version of the game I have witnessed recently and that includes Russell Slade as at least he had Whitts, Noone, Pilkington etc.....

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:57 pm

JB1 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Danny Rohl at Sheff Wed
Marti Cifuentes at QPR
Luke Williams at Swansea
Ian Foster at Plymouth

And there's another line that gets put out over and over.. Bulut hasn't been backed. Admittedly he hasn't got all of the players on his wishlist, but that's the same for any manager. He has been allowed to bring in players though and he has been backed.

Exactly. Goutas and Siopis he wanted. Grant and Bowler were his loan players. In January we had Phillips, Horvath and Turnbull, all very good players, two with champions league experience.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:59 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Dalman has stated that Bulut didn't come cheap and we were lucky to get him. So i doubt money is the issue.

Lets look at Cooper. National aged grade teams then Swansea in the championship, sacked at Forest when struggling in the premier league. You think that many Premier League chairmen are shortlisting him, I don't. Potter is still in the wings, he gets the first mid sized club.

Teams coming down have managers who have records being promoted, leaving this season's big guns who fail to get promotion. Soton, Southampton, Ipswich, Leeds, Boro won't be getting rid of their manager so that leaves Norwich, WBA of the bigger guns but they have bigger name managers as well.......

Bulut has done well, but its the most soul-destroying version of the game I have witnessed recently and that includes Russell Slade as at least he had Whitts, Noone, Pilkington etc.....

Good post :thumbup:

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
JB1 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Danny Rohl at Sheff Wed
Marti Cifuentes at QPR
Luke Williams at Swansea
Ian Foster at Plymouth

Exactly. Goutas and Siopis he wanted. Grant and Bowler were his loan players. In January we had Phillips, Horvath and Turnbull, all very good players, two with champions league experience.

Goutas, Siopis, Horvath and Grant have had good seasons in my opinion.

Turnbull I feel will come good.

Bowler hasn't been great but that being said, has chipped in with a couple of important goals.

He didn't get backed with the money for KM and ultimately had to bring in someone who he didn't want.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:21 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I’ve been consistent over the last few months that Bulut should stay.

My opinion is unchanged.

Me, too.. ! :thumbup:

My biggest worry for the 'we can get better' group is that whilst I believe that to be true in theory, we need to remember who the 'puppeteer' is and his record on appointments... :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:49 pm

Sven wrote:

My opinion is unchanged.

My biggest worry for the 'we can get better' group is that whilst I believe that to be true in theory, we need to remember who the 'puppeteer' is and his record on appointments... :ayatollah:

It's not a case of who won't come here but who tan picks to come here and thats the worry...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:31 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

My opinion is unchanged.

It's not a case of who won't come here but who tan picks to come here and thats the worry...

That's exactly my point, Allan... :thumbup: