Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City player leaves for a deal worth up to nearly £2m

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:01 am

Deal sealed for Manchester City to sign 15 year old winger Timeo Whisker for their Academy.

It’s all completed with Cardiff City for Timeo to join #MCFC beating several Premier League clubs to the signing.

The Welsh club will receive £750,000 and a whopping £1million if Timeo Whisker makes a first team appearance for Manchester City.

Re: Cardiff City player leaves for a deal worth up to nearly

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:03 am

Another of our kids snatched from the nest then!

Maybe there is light at the end of a long, dark and very expensive tunnel now with the returning Davies, emerging Ashford, Joel and Rubin Colwill, King, Crole and Giles, but it is not before time is it, and at what cost to Cardiff City FC?

We lost a fantastic academy brain in David Hughes and replaced him with the Barry Town icon Gavin Chesterfield!

Club and Council have spent a fortune on this new "state-of-the-art" academy set up in Llanrumney. However, all the expensive hi-tech, science and psychology will be wasted without the right pedigree coaches appointed.

The U-21 record under Darren Purse is below par, and if things were right, Welshman Hughes should never have been allowed to leave for the glitter Manchester United seemingly offers.

Pouring cold, refreshing mountain water into sand seems the appropriate analogy.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:13 am

The academy is producing, and we've made a few bob from getting compensation for all the players lost in the last few years , We need to get cat 1 status asap to stop the constant asset stripping from the big clubs .

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:20 am

Yes - we can't hope to be self sustainable if our best youngsters are continually cherry picked.

It really pisses me off - haven't Man City got enough on their fking gravy train!

Sooner they get the book thrown at them for those 115 breaches the better!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:30 am

Man c are taking kids from all over the world for their academy ! This is 4th I know of in recent months ... :roll:

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:Another of our kids snatched from the nest then!

Maybe there is light at the end of a long, dark and very expensive tunnel now with the returning Davies, emerging Ashford, Joel and Rubin Colwill, King, Crole and Giles, but it is not before time is it, and at what cost to Cardiff City FC?

We lost a fantastic academy brain in David Hughes and replaced him with the Barry Town icon Gavin Chesterfield!

Club and Council have spent a fortune on this new "state-of-the-art" academy set up in Llanrumney. However, all the expensive hi-tech, science and psychology will be wasted without the right pedigree coaches appointed.

The U-21 record under Darren Purse is below par, and if things were right, Welshman Hughes should never have been allowed to leave for the glitter Manchester United seemingly offers.

Pouring cold, refreshing mountain water into sand seems the appropriate analogy.

Annis, the problem is we are defenceless against Cat1 status academy premiership clubs, the sooner we get to that level (Cat 1) the sooner this will stop.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:18 am

I mean I get why players leave. But there's not a chance in hell of making it to the first team at a club like Man City.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:29 am

jimmy_rat wrote:I mean I get why players leave. But there's not a chance in hell of making it to the first team at a club like Man City.

the academy players and infrastructure is not included for ffp purposes.. but academy players sold is used to offset ffp losses... garauntee make few million out of selling them simply because it is man c Liverpool ect.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 am

jimmy_rat wrote:I mean I get why players leave. But there's not a chance in hell of making it to the first team at a club like Man City.

I agree but the choice of working under Darren Purse or "The Saudis" is a no brainer.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:25 pm

Even Reading have a cat 1 don't they?

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:31 pm

Heard Sawyers is very good with the youngsters.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:34 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Even Reading have a cat 1 don't they?

Yes reinstated last season but very few have one think its 3 in championship ..

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:41 pm

We have everything in place, just down to our board to apply and could of the last 2 years

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:43 pm

From what I know, Leeds, Leicester, Boro and Norwich are the ones that have a cat A in the championship.

May be more

Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:40 pm

I hope man city get booted out of the prem
Just imagine he might get in a game in Division 2
and they pay us a million

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:35 pm

stickywicket wrote:I hope man city get booted out of the prem
Just imagine he might get in a game in Division 2
and they pay us a million

That's a cunning plan ;)