Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: TODAY WOW CARDIFF CITY

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:02 pm

MY VIEW: TODAY CARDIFF TOOK ON PROMOTION CHASING SOUTHAMPTON AND HAVE VIRTUALLY PUT THEM IN THE PLAY-OFFS:

YES YES YES

CARDIFF CITY FANS SANG LOUD AND CLEAR “EROL BULUT WE WANT YOU TO STAY”
Ex Swansea City manager Russell Martin not smiling tonight.

Yes Cian Ashford 95th min scored.

It was fantastic to see more of our youngsters make their Debut Conte, Giles and to see Ashford actually start the game.

Cardiff to their credit never gave in and actually took the game to Southampton.

Yes Southampton you could see had better quality players , but City fought them and matched them for long periods.

Bulut got a lot of tactics spot on today.

Debut Conte really impressed me.

This to me was a hell of a Win

It was coming and in the 12th min GOAL! Cardiff City 0-1 Southampton (Aribo 12)
Adam Armstrong chopped inside Romeo and hits a bending shot. Horvath parries into a dangerous area and Aribo hits a half volley in from the edge of the box.

To be fair to Ollie Tanner 3 times in the first 20mins he put good balls in to the Southampton box only for us to waste the opportunities.

Over all City actually played quite well, but you could see what was missing, the striker we’ve all been craving for.

H-T 0-1

59th min Great save by Horvath.

61st min Turnbull off, Diedhiou on

65rh min: Romeo replaced by Raheem Conte making his debut.

68th min: GOAL! Cardiff City 1-1 Southampton (Diedhiou )

Oh wow! What a goal! And credit to debutant Raheem Conte, who is played in around the back by Colwill. He hits a low cross to Meite, who sweeps it goalwards, only for Diedhiou to slide in and poke home!

77 min: Luey Giles on for Ollie Tanner. Another debutant!

In the 92nd min City could of scored the winner, Southampton cleared the ball of the line.

CARDIFF CITY 2 SOUTHAMPTON 1
H-T 0-1
Crowd 22,372
Away Support 3,193
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: TODAY WOW CARDIFF CITY

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:05 pm

Great performance today.

Wonder if all the Bulut out whingers will be tucked away in bed instead of on their pcs tonight

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:06 pm

That’s 2 wins this week.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:11 pm

Deserved it in the end.... took the game to them with the youngsters enjoyed that.... :bluescarf: :occasion5:

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:15 pm

Updated:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:22 pm

Roath Blue

Ref: Bulut out whingers.
I'm on the fence with him but answer me a question?

If Wintle, Grant, Ng etc were match fit today, can you say whether our young home grown lads would've got a sniff of 1st team action today!??

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:26 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Great performance today.

Wonder if all the Bulut out whingers will be tucked away in bed instead of on their pcs tonight

If Bulut used those tactics every week then the whingers, which includes myself, wouldn’t complain so much. The tactics he used today were like those that he used at the beginning of the season, when they were enjoyable games. The youngsters played very well today and deserve to be given a chance in the last two games. Apart from some sloppy passing at times, Colwill had avery good game and lasted the full 90+ minutes.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:29 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Roath Blue

Ref: Bulut out whingers.
I'm on the fence with him but answer me a question?

If Wintle, Grant, Ng etc were match fit today, can you say whether our young home grown lads would've got a sniff of 1st team action today!??

No they wouldn't, but that's a hypothetical situation and they did get a chance at 1st team action.

So that point is quite irrelevant

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:31 pm

Nice to see some fight on that pitch today! Southampton could and should have been out of sight. But this is football and you have to take your chances.. Fair play to City, they hung in there and got their reward.

And to shut that arrogant prick Martin up is the icing on the cake. Gutted I missed the game today, hopefully I can get down next week (only 1 day post surgery, so baby steps this weekend :laughing5: :laughing5: )

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:33 pm

Quality :bluescarf:
Southampton's class was clear to see but what a shift by the lads
Bulut tactics spot on. The young lads did us proud :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:33 pm

This is true. Bulut's hand was forced today! I forgot, Bowler missing too. I'm confident Bulut would not have thrown in that many unknowns / youngsters or taken those kind of 'risks' if the full squad had been available.

We'll see what team we play in the last 2 matches based on who's available.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:38 pm

Roath Blue

My point is entirely relevant!
If the regular first picks were available today AND the young lads, I think Bulut would have stuck to his defensive rigidity and started his usual first 11 today. History shows that's what he does normally.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:39 pm

His hand may have been forced but its not exactly common for our past managers to give a run out to our youngsters.

I don't see what the problem is? We won. Be happy

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:41 pm

Conte impressed and Ashford goal made my day buzzing for them both

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:42 pm

I'm delighted with the win and for our young guns who got good minutes.

I just hope Erol can continue to show flexibility in his tactics and personnel - so, take more risks, more often and show he isn't a one trick pony. :-)

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:46 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:I'm delighted with the win and for our young guns who got good minutes.

I just hope Erol can continue to show flexibility in his tactics and personnel - so, take more risks, more often and show he isn't a one trick pony. :-)

Maybe after seeing so many players he had to bring in actually perform, he may give them the opportunity, and be more flexible.

Very impressed with a lot of them this afternoon. They played really well.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:46 pm

Watched in the house today as I have man flu. Camera panned to you and your mate in the stand at one point Annis. Must have been the police camera haha

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:48 pm

Fantastic win. :ayatollah:

Buzzing! Particularly for our youngsters! I love this! This is what fires me up.

And this Bulut out Bluebird is even more cemented with my opinion. A very good battling performance and with some good flashes of offensive play against a superior opponent. Saints finishing was woeful at times. But this line up today was the managers hand forced. The only tactic he uses worked today as they were better in most positions all over the field, but it does not work at home against opponents closer to us. No Wintle or Bowler in particular, plus when Rubin went to 10 and showed maturity in attempting to take the sting out, keep the ball. Bulut has had umpteen opportunities to line up differently, and today proves what might have been throughout the season.

Thank you for today Erol, it was awesome, but it’s too little too late for me over the season. You just have not impressed or encouraged me. More like bored and puzzled me.

If he stays I’ll get behind him from the pre season games on and hope he rams my words down my throat, I don’t see it. It’s Turkish league football Stubborn and not a fit for the championship.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:51 pm

2-1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:05 pm

Updated:

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:17 pm

Understandably the youngsters are getting the plaudits but I thought Ralls was immense today, my mom, a real captain's performance which let the youngsters shine while making sure they were encouraged to attack.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:23 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Understandably the youngsters are getting the plaudits but I thought Ralls was immense today, my mom, a real captain's performance which let the youngsters shine while making sure they were encouraged to attack.

He was, and Siopis didn’t stop running

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:27 pm

Meite. Bullied their defence in the second half and showed that he still has the pace and strength for this league. He's so much better playing forward than with his back to the goal for the whole game..

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:29 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:Understandably the youngsters are getting the plaudits but I thought Ralls was immense today, my mom, a real captain's performance which let the youngsters shine while making sure they were encouraged to attack.

He can play Sio and Ralls as his cover but he has to let the full backs go forward and I mean really forward. The kids have been coached to do that and what a fcuking pleasure it was to see (buzzing) 5 academy kids finished the game !!!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:58 pm

Great result today even if we rode our luck at times.

Nice the hear that a few different posters have mentioned the fight and passion. That's all I ask for as a fan is that we see that week in week out, regardless of the outcome.

Interesting that Bulut was forced to mix it up a bit today and be more daring (not so defensive and rigid)...and we beat one of the best teams in the league...fantastic!!!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:13 pm

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:44 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Great performance today.

Nope! Absolutely loved that today.

We rode our luck in the first half but totally deserved the victory in the end, and so pleased for Ashford to get the winner. He's going to have a great evening.

Some great performances today, Tanner, Ashford, Ralls, Romeo, Colwill, Conte and Giles when they came on.

Amazing the amount of crosses you can get into the box when you put a left footer on the left and a right footer on the right.

Where has that grit and determination been all season.....?