Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut: “ My Future “

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:06 pm

Erol Bulut My Future is out of my hands:

Cardiff City boss Erol Bulut remained tight-lipped on his future after the Bluebirds' 2-1 win over Southampton.

Fans sang in support of Bulut, whose contract expires in the summer, and chanted they wanted him to stay at the club.

Bulut says he appreciates the support but reiterated that a decision on his future will come first and foremost from Cardiff's owners.

Asked about fans chanting for him to stay, Bulut said: “Of course, if you have support from the fans, from the board and everything is really positive here.
"I don't want to speak too much about this situation, it's up to the board either way. I appreciate this.
"The board, I think, they have opinions and thinking for the future of the club. I think they will make the right decision for the club.”

"For my side, I hope to make the right decision for myself and my future."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut: “ My Future “

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:09 pm

For me, he has to stay.

Today he proved there can be a good future.

Also the players clearly like him and he has a good relationship with the players coming through from the academy.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:10 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:For me, he has to stay.

Also the players clearly like him and he has a good relationship with the players coming through from the academy.

I agree Ned.

My friends were at the Sponsors night and every player had nothing but Respect for Bulut.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I agree Ned.

My friends were at the Sponsors night and every player had nothing but Respect for Bulut.

that is why vincent tan wants him gone!!!!!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:33 pm

He was a gamble when he came on board. But all manager appointments come with a risk. He’s more than earned an extension for me. He’s passionate. He demands effort from his players and he’s seeing who can step up from the academy. If we change manager we lose that connection because a new manager starts from Fresh again wit. Their own ideas and team

Erol has kept us up at a canter and without 2 of our best players most of the season. Today was one of the finest performances I’ve seen for years.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:51 pm

I am guessing he is signing his contract tonight.

Surely Vinnie is thinking that these kids with a few more reinforcements may be able to make a challenge and thats the only way he is going to get any dort of money back

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:18 pm

I hope he stays

Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:12 pm

Are we saying VT is that much of a narcissistic megalomaniac that he can't have any City manager more popular than him!?

I mean, Warnock was very popular.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:14 pm

This.

Every word is spot on.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:44 pm

I have been saying for a long time on here he should be given a new contract .

Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:17 am

Even someone like me, who has expressed doubts on here about Bulut's tactical ability acknowledges that he has earned an extension to his contract. Whether the board (or just Tan himself) has been won over remains to be seen. I was very surprised they let Lamouchi go so expect the unexpected.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:58 pm

I saw a video of the reaction from the bench to ashfords winner. Rhere was no doybt about tge passion there from bullit and his staff and tge likes of ettet and odowda. Gir me this speaks volumns of the ethics eb is instilling you cant fake that sort of reaction. For me he has to stay and get a few mire of his platers in.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:02 pm

I called out a few players on their attitudes at Swansea away but overall we’ve shown great resilience this season. Late winners prove this , the players don’t give up which is a testament to Bulut and his coaches.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:30 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:Even someone like me, who has expressed doubts on here about Bulut's tactical ability acknowledges that he has earned an extension to his contract. Whether the board (or just Tan himself) has been won over remains to be seen. I was very surprised they let Lamouchi go so expect the unexpected.

It was not there with Tan and Lamouchi hence why he was shown the door.

We have no idea of the relationship with Tan and Bulut. Guess we are going to have to wait.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:41 pm

It would seem Bulut is now most fans choice to be manager next year, Dalman must feel smug with his choice seemingly having the team going in the right direction.

It would seem a shoe in that Tan would want to tie him down to a contract. So why are we still waiting?

Is there something in the pipeline that means the current board and directors cannot make the decision?

Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:42 pm

No one knows whether a manager 'on trial' can produce what the owners want - and owners who are planning to sell will be reluctant to make an appointment which the prospective New owners may not want. I really hope that this is not happening because Bulut should be given a chance - imv.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:Even someone like me, who has expressed doubts on here about Bulut's tactical ability acknowledges that he has earned an extension to his contract. Whether the board (or just Tan himself) has been won over remains to be seen. I was very surprised they let Lamouchi go so expect the unexpected.

It was not there with Tan and Lamouchi hence why he was shown the door.

We have no idea of the relationship with Tan and Bulut. Guess we are going to have to wait.

Based on Bulut's comments there doesn't appear to be one. Maybe it's because he's a Dalman signing ? Who knows, but as soon as the matter is concluded the better for the club.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:42 pm

Wayne S wrote:It would seem Bulut is now most fans choice to be manager next year, Dalman must feel smug with his choice seemingly having the team going in the right direction.

It would seem a shoe in that Tan would want to tie him down to a contract. So why are we still waiting?

Is there something in the pipeline that means the current board and directors cannot make the decision?

One as to make the assumption something is going on in background that is preventing club renuing his contract .... also in this statement his comments are not as severe on club as in previous outbursts almost as if he now knows why no contract extension

Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:28 pm

Also depends on how much Tan is willing to pay Bulut,. if it exceeds what Tan wants then he will be gone.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:40 pm

He's let the cat out of the bag in this , the board is think of the future of the club hmmmmmmmm big changes coming up in the summer if true what the rumours are . Makes sense what do you think annis ?
Last edited by wez1927 on Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Wayne S wrote:It would seem Bulut is now most fans choice to be manager next year, Dalman must feel smug with his choice seemingly having the team going in the right direction.

One as to make the assumption something is going on in background that is preventing club renuing his contract .... also in this statement his comments are not as severe on club as in previous outbursts almost as if he now knows why no contract extension

In a nut shell that's what's happening.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:46 am

wez1927 wrote:He's let the cat out of the bag in this , the board is think of the future of the club hmmmmmmmm big changes coming up in the summer if true what the rumours are . Makes sense what do you think annis ?

Have I missed something here, what are the rumours? :bluebird:

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:12 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:He's let the cat out of the bag in this , the board is think of the future of the club hmmmmmmmm big changes coming up in the summer if true what the rumours are . Makes sense what do you think annis ?

No rumours just conjecture by people as to why bulut no contract? You need to read between lines as to whats put in this thread and others and put 2 & 2 together to get idea what could be happening

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

No rumours just conjecture by people as to why bulut no contract? You need to read between lines as to whats put in this thread and others and put 2 & 2 together to get idea what could be happening

It's been said on here that there will be big changes on the club side this summer that's the rumours I'm on about .

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Or it could just be the same as last year, where they ran Lamouchi's contract down and said bye, we think we can do better, who knows?