Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New season ticket cards

Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:47 am

Are they coming with photo ID to prevent us hanging to friends and family if unable to attend a match?
I realise it would be difficult to ‘police’ checking every card but if like to know the reasoning.
I should have asked when I renewed I suppose. :?:

Re: New season ticket cards

Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:22 pm

I think it's ridiculous as like you say when I can't go because i work shifts someone else uses my ticket. Now that's gone so more empty seats.

If u go with digital pass it don't ask for photo so you can screenshot your digital pass and it still works on turnstile.ive done it this season

Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:59 pm

Have they asked for a photo when renuing? Previously as long as your person was same age group as your card no problem if its different like child to adult just pay difference
It's when you try using card outside age group is when problem occurs as shows different light with age groups at turnstiles

Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:09 pm

When myself and my brother went to renew last week they said they were issuingh new cards with photo on,so the girl behind the counter came out and took our photo.Can't remember what the reason she gave for having a new card with our photo on,I am 70 nearly so things don't stick in my memory so well these days :laughing6:

Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:59 pm

avondaleblue wrote:When myself and my brother went to renew last week they said they were issuingh new cards with photo on,so the girl behind the counter came out and took our photo.Can't remember what the reason she gave for having a new card with our photo on,I am 70 nearly so things don't stick in my memory so well these days :laughing6:

New card probably because got new card issuer .... as for photo id easier to ban you I suspect

Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:40 pm

Yeh we had to do photos when renewing ours , my nephew uses my step daughters normally when she can’t go , I just hope they don’t stop this cos I will be pissed right off , should be encouraging seats getting filled not being empty

Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:53 pm

Richy roofer ccfc wrote:Yeh we had to do photos when renewing ours , my nephew uses my step daughters normally when she can’t go , I just hope they don’t stop this cos I will be pissed right off , should be encouraging seats getting filled not being empty

Presume they still got traffic light system for the different categories? so photo I'd should only be problem if try using wrong category on card and it's flagged up at turnstile as surely not going to check everyone are they? :roll:
Talking of empty seats wham have average 14k st holders not turning up at games.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:26 pm

They already check tickets to make sure people are sitting in the right area in certain stands - hope they’re told to turn a blind eye to different faces as otherwise the attendances will be even worse!

Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:35 am

I was unaware of this but renewed my ticket via the club web-site, so has anyone who did similar been told they need to send a picture...?

Traditionally, the only times to 'renew' a card were when they were lost or if there was a change of dtatus, e.g. child/student to adult or moving up to senior status over 60 years of age...

I feel sure the status quo will remain on gifting tickets to friends and family within the same age/status group, as to check every ticket at the gate would be a nightmare... :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:10 am

As I said earlier I was not asked to provide photo for digital pass which I opted for instead of physical card and its £10 cheaper

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:06 am

Just renew online and keep existing card and then no photo needed and cheapest option.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:07 pm

Sorry - just renewed online and the option to keep and use your existing card is not available this year. So the choice is is have a digital season ticket for a £5 added on charge or have the new card option which costs an added £15 and you have to provide an up to date colour photo of yourself which will go on the new card.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Richy roofer ccfc wrote:Yeh we had to do photos when renewing ours , my nephew uses my step daughters normally when she can’t go , I just hope they don’t stop this cos I will be pissed right off , should be encouraging seats getting filled not being empty

Presume they still got traffic light system for the different categories? so photo I'd should only be problem if try using wrong category on card and it's flagged up at turnstile as surely not going to check everyone are they? :roll:
Talking of empty seats wham have average 14k st holders not turning up at games.

Yes mate it won’t matter with the traffic light but the last few months they’ve had different stewards on the steps and they’ve been checking all 4 of my cards every time we go up steps , it used to be the same guy who wud just let us through cos we there every bloody week , but now it’s gone strict
And to the other fan who was saying about the charge , yes I had to pay £15 for each card renewal plus the amount for new season and that’s x4 cards , it’s cost a fortune

Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:53 pm

Richy roofer ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes mate it won’t matter with the traffic light but the last few months they’ve had different stewards on the steps and they’ve been checking all 4 of my cards every time we go up steps , it used to be the same guy who wud just let us through cos we there every bloody week , but now it’s gone strict
And to the other fan who was saying about the charge , yes I had to pay £15 for each card renewal plus the amount for new season and that’s x4 cards , it’s cost a fortune

I'm in corporate and renewing on Wed wonder what is required because no traffic light system at our entrances just name and says accepted that's it..

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:41 am

I wonder if someone itk would be able to find out officially if it’s to stop cards being passed on.
Isn’t there someone on here who works in the ticket office ?

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:17 pm

Just had the official answer from club office

The photos are NOT to prevent people from passing STs to others. She said that it was more to deal with stolen cards etc. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:20 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Just had the official answer from club office

The photos are NOT to prevent people from passing STs to others. She said that it was more to deal with stolen cards etc. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Just renued mine and apparently its a club management directive ! Can only buy digital card or get new physical card but you will have to download picture & form of ID for physical card unless go to club cost £15 ......can give tickets to appropriate age group fan but if required paper ticket cost £5
Costs gone bonkers .. :o

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:39 am

How would they know the difference between a passed on ticket and somebody using a stoken card?
Surely a stolen lost card gets cancelled by the scanning system and refused entry.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:01 am

Cardiff_CPT wrote:

How would they know the difference between a passed on ticket and somebody using a stoken card?
Surely a stolen lost card gets cancelled by the scanning system and refused entry.

Yes once card is reported lost /stolen it is cancelled so no entry to ground! A new one will cost you unless stolen and club feeling sympathetic and do a freebie ...... :o there doesn't appear to be a specific reason for photo at moment but I'm sure things be clearer as the season progresses ...

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:51 am

Cardiff_CPT wrote:

TBH mate the only news I wanted was that there would be no problem in passing on the card, everything else she said I was barely listening to.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:26 pm

All this potch and apparently only 5 home 3pm kick off times next season too

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:32 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:

TBH mate the only news I wanted was that there would be no problem in passing on the card, everything else she said I was barely listening to.

That's the most important thing but i hope she's right as things don't add up.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:33 am

We always used to have photos on our cards years back.
Nothing new really and never made a difference before

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 am

Sven wrote:I was unaware of this but renewed my ticket via the club web-site, so has anyone who did similar been told they need to send a picture...?

Traditionally, the only times to 'renew' a card were when they were lost or if there was a change of dtatus, e.g. child/student to adult or moving up to senior status over 60 years of age...

I feel sure the status quo will remain on gifting tickets to friends and family within the same age/status group, as to check every ticket at the gate would be a nightmare... :ayatollah:

The detail on supplying a photo is included in your confirmation email.

I must admit I missed it first time around but it is pretty clear when you read it.

It can all be done by email.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:37 pm

Sven wrote:I was unaware of this but renewed my ticket via the club web-site, so has anyone who did similar been told they need to send a picture...?

Yes chris no change in passing on cards but if you need to use paper ticket instead it will cost you £5
.... picture is mandatory and can be done via e-mail guess the information is on clubs website

Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 pm

Official reason from a manager at club!
Due to bad behaviour of fans from other clubs that have been given st tickets "swans incident " and others such incidents which I've witnessed couple of times club will hold St holders responsible for such behaviour ... picture is incase fans are barred from attending games makes it easier for club apparently... can still pass around per previous seasons but if need paper ticket it's £5 per ticket....