Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Are the rumours to be believed?

Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 pm

Cantonblue.ian wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Cantonblue.ian wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
montyblue wrote:Cannot see what tans problem is with a new owner even sam all this b.ll.cks that tan loves cardiff
well if thats the case why does he not turn up or push the boat with the big rebuild
we keep hearing about it but nothing has happened since warnock was here.

Tan doesn't care about the club. It's a thorn in his side and his liability here represents around a quarter of his net worth. We rarely hear from him and when we do, it's to tell fans that we should be grateful for what we've got. His time ended years ago and he just wants out. Which is fair enough.

What he does care about though is how he's going to get his money back. Even his family want him to sell and have no interest in owning us as a "succession" business.

The answer to all of Tans problems is simply to work with Sam. In fact, Tan wouldn't have to do anything, all he would need to do is just let Sam get on and run the whole football show for him.

Tans Money + Sam's Expertise = Sustainable PL Status.

Club increases it's sale value. Tan gets some of his money back and then exits gracefully. Fans are appreciated and fully engaged. Everybody wins.

As it stands, Sam won't be coming back, as for some reason, Tan doesn't like him. Whether that's because of jealousy, or sees him as a threat, or that he'd be more popular, doesn't trust him or an admission of defeat and loss of face, I don't know, nobody does, only Tan. I suspect it's a mix of all the above.

Many fans who I speak with would like Tan to at least engage with Sam and have this discussion, as its clearly the best option and where everyone benefits.

And I think as fans, we should be making ourselves heard in numbers that it's something that we would all like to see happen. And in a non belligerent, intelligent & diplomatic way. I think this is very important.

If Tan continues without changing the core structure of how the club is run, he will get the same yoyo results as we have seen since his ownership. Groundhog day.

And it doesn't have to be that way, the solution is there. All he has to do is swallow his pride, sit back and let Sam get on with it.

Your views seem to be quite biased to be honest mate and hold no water. Like me saying my boy is better than Ronaldo, he clearly isn’t but doesn’t stop me saying it, no one pays any attention to me on that subject. lol.

Also how do you not understand what foreverblue has said Sam’s not coming back 100%. It pretty simple really.

If you read my post "mate", I clearly state "As it stands, Sam won't be coming back, as for some reason, Tan doesn't like him". Pretty clear and simple, so not sure how you can't understand that?

My views are clearly biased as they are based on what is the best option going forward for our club. That's my conclusion and view and the same for others on this thread that agree with me.

So to be honest, "mate", whilst my views hold no water with you, they do with others whose opinions I respect as they are informed and considered. Maybe you should check that you don't have a leak? "Lol".

Fair enough.
It’s just like Groundhog Day reading your posts.

Thought I recognised you. I see you only joined a few days ago after your last ban as "Iceblue" Brain like a pea. We may run a book on how many posts you manage before getting canned yet again, it's like a sport. Groundhog Day. I'll go for 30 as it matches your IQ.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Cantonblue.ian wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
montyblue wrote:Cannot see what tans problem is with a new owner even sam all this b.ll.cks that tan loves cardiff
well if thats the case why does he not turn up or push the boat with the big rebuild

Tan doesn't care about the club. It's a thorn in his side and his liability here represents around a quarter of his net worth. We rarely hear from him and when we do, it's to tell fans that we should be grateful for what we've got. His time ended years ago and he just wants out. Which is fair enough.

What he does care about though is how he's going to get his money back. Even his family want him to sell and have no interest in owning us as a "succession" business.

The answer to all of Tans problems is simply to work with Sam. In fact, Tan wouldn't have to do anything, all he would need to do is just let Sam get on and run the whole football show for him.

Club increases it's sale value. Tan gets some of his money back and then exits gracefully. Fans are appreciated and fully engaged. Everybody wins.

As it stands, Sam won't be coming back, as for some reason, Tan doesn't like him. Whether that's because of jealousy, or sees him as a threat, or that he'd be more popular, doesn't trust him or an admission of defeat and loss of face, I don't know, nobody does, only Tan. I suspect it's a mix of all the above.

Many fans who I speak with would like Tan to at least engage with Sam and have this discussion, as its clearly the best option and where everyone benefits.

And I think as fans, we should be making ourselves heard in numbers that it's something that we would all like to see happen. And in a non belligerent, intelligent & diplomatic way. I think this is very important.

If Tan continues without changing the core structure of how the club is run, he will get the same yoyo results as we have seen since his ownership. Groundhog day.

And it doesn't have to be that way, the solution is there. All he has to do is swallow his pride, sit back and let Sam get on with it.

Your views seem to be quite biased to be honest mate and hold no water. Like me saying my boy is better than Ronaldo, he clearly isn’t but doesn’t stop me saying it, no one pays any attention to me on that subject. lol.

Also how do you not understand what foreverblue has said Sam’s not coming back 100%. It pretty simple really.

If you read my post "mate", I clearly state "As it stands, Sam won't be coming back, as for some reason, Tan doesn't like him". Pretty clear and simple, so not sure how you can't understand that?

My views are clearly biased as they are based on what is the best option going forward for our club. That's my conclusion and view and the same for others on this thread that agree with me.

So to be honest, "mate", whilst my views hold no water with you, they do with others whose opinions I respect as they are informed and considered. Maybe you should check that you don't have a leak? "Lol".

I think you set your points out as clear as any I've seen here but as always there are those who read into it what they want rather than what is written...

Reading this thread, I think Forever Blue makes a good point where he asks if anyone actually reads posts properly...?

The bulk of the posts from those who have spoken to Sam clearly state that Sam is not coming back; but that is not to say that the same people would like it to happen...

Cantonblue.ian is a perfect example of not reading a thread/post properly, which then helps turn the thread into one of 'sides', which it was never intended to do...

Whilst some would love it to happen, and I am in that group, people need to forget about the possibility of a Sam return this summer and concentrate on the matters that will need to be dealt with this summer, i.e. the position of the manager, the ins and outs of playing staffs, and preparation for next season...

Whatever the 'positive' coming this summer is, we will just have to wait and see; but a new owner is unlikely until and anyone thinking Sam will be riding in on his trusty steed will be sadly disappointed...

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 pm

Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Cantonblue.ian wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

I think you set your points out as clear as any I've seen here but as always there are those who read into it what they want rather than what is written...

Reading this thread, I think Forever Blue makes a good point where he asks if anyone actually reads posts properly...?

The bulk of the posts from those who have spoken to Sam clearly state that Sam is not coming back; but that is not to say that the same people would like it to happen...

Cantonblue.ian is a perfect example of not reading a thread/post properly, which then helps turn the thread into one of 'sides', which it was never intended to do...

Whilst some would love it to happen m, and I am in that group), people need to forget about the possibility of a Sam return this summer and concentrate on the matters that will need to be dealt with this summer, i.e. the position of the manager, the ins and outs of playing staffs, and preparation for next season...

Whatever the 'positive' coming this summer is, we will just have to wait and see; but a new owner is unlikely until and anyone thinking Sam will be riding in on his trusty steed will be sadly disappointed...

Thank you Chris.

Yes they need to all move on regarding Sam, as he’s not coming back.
Sam’s debates have been done to death.

Everyone Move on.

We now need Tan to Sell to others.
There are now potential buyers out there.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Cantonblue.ian wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

Whilst some would love it to happen m, and I am in that group), people need to forget about the possibility of a Sam return this summer and concentrate on the matters that will need to be dealt with this summer, i.e. the position of the manager, the ins and outs of playing staffs, and preparation for next season...

Thank you Chris.

Yes they need to all move on regarding Sam, as he’s not coming back.
Sam’s debates have been done to death.

Everyone Move on.

We now need Tan to Sell to others.
There are now potential buyers out there.

The voice of reason , sam times were good , tans times were good , time for people and tan to move on, the next owners will hopefully be good the only constant is the fans .

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 pm

My opinion it’s all going to come down to weather tan wins or loses court case win the case he could sell,or perhaps put money in the pot for a push to go up then sell up he’s got interest from a couple of buyers I believe he wants to sell but like every business man he’s waiting for right time I just hope he sells to the Saudi Arabia fella

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 pm

Craigleeccfc wrote:My opinion it’s all going to come down to weather tan wins or loses court case win the case he could sell,or perhaps put money in the pot for a push to go up then sell up he’s got interest from a couple of buyers I believe he wants to sell but like every business man he’s waiting for right time I just hope he sells to the Saudi Arabia fella

Agree

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 pm

Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Cantonblue.ian wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

Whilst some would love it to happen, and I am in that group, people need to forget about the possibility of a Sam return this summer and concentrate on the matters that will need to be dealt with this summer, i.e. the position of the manager, the ins and outs of playing staffs, and preparation for next season...

Spot on Chris. Couldn't be any clearer really. Let's hope we see some positive news for next season, whatever that may be.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:15 pm

If what I heard today is correct, I can't wait for it to happen. If it comes off we are in for a great ride.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 pm

Loved the sam days some of the best at city. The langston days were a nightmare and by the end of sams time i remember waiting by the radio in work to see if cardiff were gonna be no more .great times turned into a disaster with loan notes owed back to him gripping the club for years.
So loves city but loves himself more .once bitten twice shy a lot on here love him and i respect that maybe sams story needs telling in full.

How would he explain what he did to us and why would he want to come back .one last question why should we trust sam again.

On the pitch and around the club he gaves us so much fun and feel good factor it was a brilliant time crazy lol the best sam was .
But it all went wrong and ccfc suffered for years and years.
The stadium was sams design and idea he started big the Barcelona he said lol .

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 pm

brickyblue wrote:Loved the sam days some of the best at city. The langston days were a nightmare and by the end of sams time i remember waiting by the radio in work to see if cardiff were gonna be no more .great times turned into a disaster with loan notes owed back to him gripping the club for years.
So loves city but loves himself more .once bitten twice shy a lot on here love him and i respect that maybe sams story needs telling in full.

How would he explain what he did to us and why would he want to come back .one last question why should we trust sam again.

On the pitch and around the club he gaves us so much fun and feel good factor it was a brilliant time crazy lol the best sam was .
But it all went wrong and ccfc suffered for years and years.
The stadium was sams design and idea he started big the Barcelona he said lol .

I agree, apart from the design of the stadium as I’m not aware Hammam was party to that.

However, whilst I agree it’s a time for a change in ownership Sam is yesterday’s news for the reasons that you state.

He is an egotist who simply doesn’t care about what risks he takes with our club.

Hammam gave me some of the best days of being a City fan in well over 50 years but he also gave me the absolute worst when I feared MY club would no longer exist.

We need stability and investment and not a move back to 10-15 years ago.

I await the summer with interest and hope there is a long term change but we need to be very wary of who we get.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 pm

dont want sam anywhere near our club.. had his chance .. messed it up ..

Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:17 am

Sam left 18 years ago the landscape has changed a lot in that time. Our brains are adept at dropping poor memories and enhancing the good ones, its why nostalgia sells

Whoever takes over will give us a boost, the Jacks were even happy when their hedge fund owner took the reigns.........

Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:22 pm

SH days are long gone, let's leave those memories there, both the good and the bad.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:33 pm

MikeO76 wrote:If what I heard today is correct, I can't wait for it to happen. If it comes off we are in for a great ride.

:roll: :roll:

theres always one ...."ive heard something but im not gonna say ".......(basically ive heard nothing)......well if you do put it out here so we can all see what is supposed to be happening or what you have (so called ) heard otherwise what is the point of the post

Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:26 pm

If a lot is riding on whether the sala case is concluded in tans favour or not
Did i read court case its not started and finished this year but 2025.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:51 pm

MikeO76 wrote:If what I heard today is correct, I can't wait for it to happen. If it comes off we are in for a great ride.

The next Newcastle hmmmmmmm

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:23 pm

All very mysterious! If comes off its positive news so unless people are good poker players on here
A takeover is not the news....... and given tan still hiring and firing people its unlikely he's going soon either..

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 pm

I’m not ITK at all but someone from outside our club told me about the potential of investment (not a takeover) from a group that have a lot of money. And I mean a lot.

Wouldn’t call it a reliable source though so don’t get excited.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 pm

wez1927 wrote:

The next Newcastle hmmmmmmm

Hmm?

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I’m not ITK at all but someone from outside our club told me about the potential of investment (not a takeover) from a group that have a lot of money. And I mean a lot.

Wouldn’t call it a reliable source though so don’t get excited.

This would tie in with no Sam and why tan is staying! Let's hope it's a bigger piggy bank than bank of England? :lol: "if true of course "

Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:12 am

Not dismissing what you're hearing Ned but IF there big money people coming in do you think they would they play second fiddle to Tan or vice versa for that matter?
All very strange at CCFC as usual lol.
Just an afterthought didn't that chap from Brunei chuck some money in before?

Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:27 am

JulesK wrote:Not dismissing what you're hearing Ned but IF there big money people coming in do you think they would they play second fiddle to Tan or vice versa for that matter?

Jules maybe it's a man u type investment? They run football side while tan sits back with a cigar and watch us go upwards.... :clap:

Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
JulesK wrote:Not dismissing what you're hearing Ned but IF there big money people coming in do you think they would they play second fiddle to Tan or vice versa for that matter?

Jules maybe it's a man u type investment? They run football side while tan sits back with a cigar and watch us go upwards.... :clap:

Hmmmmm are manure going upwards?
LMFHAO.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:28 pm

Other than being his mate and he loves the club, what are the positives for a Sam return? Weren't we in major debt to him via a phantom company (Langstone)?

Didn't it all end sour or am I forgetting something?

Not a pop, genuine question.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:31 pm

I personally don't want him near the club. Borrowed money off family to buy us. Borrowed money to run the club. Borrowed money to buy players and when asked how do we spend 1m on a defender his reply was "it's easy spending others money"

Not for me. We was minutes from going bust. I don't believe he loves the club, he loves the idea.

I'll never put a penny in his pocket.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:11 pm

JulesK wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Hmmmmm are manure going upwards?
LMFHAO.

Wouldn't be surprised in couple years if Radcliffe gets his way....

Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:56 pm

I keep saying " this is the year we do it "

Been right a few times too lol.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:19 pm

JulesK wrote:I keep saying " this is the year we do it "

Sounds a bit like the fortune tellers on here? :D

Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Hmmmm lol.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:10 pm

JulesK wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Hmmmm lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.