Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:25 am

Bulut acknowledged a comprehensive defeat was a disappointing way to sign off at home in 2023-24, but remains pleased with his team’s efforts throughout the campaign.

Erol Bulut:

"The last game at home, we wanted to win in front of the fans, it didn't happen,” he said.
“If we see the whole season, until now, I am personally satisfied with the season.”

"I think our fans and our board are satisfied with where we are now. We have one more game left against Rotherham. We could have had a few points more but we have built really good and progressed as a club this season. Cardiff can only build on it."

Bulut was then asked whether he hopes a decision on his future will be made quickly.
"Everyone will know, I will know, the board will know, but it's up to the board,” he said.
“The chairman is here [in the press conference room] and he gave the answer before.
"We hope it's positive from both sides."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 am

We've had a few great results at home this season.

Swansea
Bristol City
Ipswich
Southampton

Can't remember any home games where you could say we've dominated the game and won comfortably.

On the whole the football under Bulut has been dull, defensive, one dimensional and boring.

Looking at the table you can argue that it's been effective.

But enjoyable or entertaining?

Can anyone make a case for either?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:10 am

Whether he is here in a weeks time or not, he has left the squad in a better place than where he found it.

Only Warnock and Malky managed that

Still like watching paint dry though ;)

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 am

davids wrote:We've had a few great results at home this season.

Swansea
Bristol City
Ipswich
Southampton

Can't remember any home games where you could say we've dominated the game and won comfortably.

On the whole the football under Bulut has been dull, defensive, one dimensional and boring.

Looking at the table you can argue that it's been effective.

But enjoyable or entertaining?

Can anyone make a case for either?

I would like to put forward that watching us finish the season safely with a number of games left, with us exceeding expectations, instead of being in a relegation scrap is enjoyable.

The football we play isn't though.