Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mehmet Dalman answers the City Fans:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 am

Prior to kick off Mehmet Dalman, Ken Choo, Steve Borley, Wayne Nash, Phillip Jenkins and Mark Denham met the New Fans Advisory Board.

Mehmet was asked whether he considered the season to be a success.

He stated that, given the position we were in last season coupled with a transfer embargo the possibility of finishing in the top 10 was beyond expectations . He thought that, under the circumstances, the last 2 transfer windows were more successful than anticipated.

The issue of an overall strategy for the club was raised.

Mehmet conceded that a strategy for the club has been lacking in previous years but a path forward is now clearer with the appointment of an experienced manager and that it is important that this progress is continued. It was evident from the conversation that he is in favour of extending the contract of the current manager with whom he has had lengthy discussions specifically on the structure of coaching staff at all levels in the club, what areas of the team who need strengthening as well as resources to underpin this.

He confirmed that, contrary to rumours, at the moment, there are no discussions with any party in respect of the sale of the club. He also re-confirmed that Vincent Tan has not changed his position in that he will not sell the club to Sam Hammam or any organisation he may represent and has had numerous offers from him and associates associated with him.

Reference was made to the current litigation with Nantes. Mehmet confirmed that Chris Nott of Capital Law would provide an online briefing to members of the FAB and Trust Board in the forthcoming week.

Phillip Jenkins was asked and was able to confirm that the Club was on target to be compliant with Profit and Sustainability. Reference was made to the last transfer window when the Club were obliged to provide the EFL with projections with certain assumptions taking into account our transfer activity. EFL considerations of these projections were the main reason why our signings were so late in the window. Phillip confirmed that the assumptions included in those projections have proved to be correct.

The progress of the Academy was raised. Steve Borley confirmed that the physical facilities are of Category 1 quality.

However, moving from our existing Category 2 status would need significant financial investment in terms of staff which, at the moment, is not feasible but the new improved facilities are attracting youngsters from further afield.

Work would also be undertaken to improve pitch drainage.

It was mentioned that we had recently lost a promising young player to the Manchester City Academy. Steve Borley commented that, in reality, there is little the club can do to prevent this when the inducements offered are so attractive. He said that the regulations in respect of compensation for such moves had not changed for many years and were not favourable to the club losing the player. The one thing the Club can do is ensure that its Academy is such that young players will want to stay.

Emphasis was made on the need to ensure that loans of City players to other clubs were suitable and that they were to Clubs at a high enough level to ensure that there is an opportunity to enhance their experience. Steve Borley stated that the current crop of youngsters is very encouraging in terms of the future and every effort would be made to ensure that loans, where necessary, are appropriate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Mehmet Dalman answers the City Fans:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 am

AS I HAVE STATED NOW NUMEROUS TIMES:

Sam is not coming back which will please some and upset others.

Tan won’t accept any offer from Sam or anyone to do with Sam.

SO WE CAN ACTUALLY LEAVE IT THERE & DISCUSS THE OTHER POUNTS DALMAN aka MP HAD TO SAY:

If Tan stays etc then he should not moan or his Regime about any losses and should invest substantially this Summer and We should be looking for promotion next season, if We have any ambition.

To be fair Dalman does what Erol Bulut to stay and build from their , Tan is being talked around.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:37 am

Mehmet Dalmen promised at the awards last night club are going to have a real good go next season with substantial investment in the team etc etc but you know what he's like take it with a pinch of Salt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:45 am

Reply:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:46 am

First of all, I believed what he told us all last summer and he didn’t deliver. So this year I’ll judge it on what actually happens, not what he says.

But there’s a few interesting things there.

They won’t spend the money on extra coaches that would see us achieve Cat 1 status for the academy - that’s disappointing.

Dalman obviously wants Bulut to stay - hopefully that’s sorted soon.

Confirmed what I’ve been saying, we have exceeded expectations this season.

As I said the other day, Tan won’t sell to any bidder that involves Sam. Disappointing.

Says there will be investment in the playing squad. Like I said, I’ll only believe that when I see it. We need to spend money to compete for the top six.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:AS I HAVE STATED NOW NUMEROUS TIMES:

SO WE CAN ACTUALLY LEAVE IT THERE & DISCUSS THE OTHER POUNTS DALMAN aka MP HAD TO SAY:

If Tan stays etc then he should not moan or his Regime about any losses and should invest substantially this Summer and We should be looking for promotion next season, if We have any ambition.

To be fair Dalman does what Erol Bulut to stay and build from their , Tan is being talked around.

Tan needs to win this Sala case and plough all the money into getting cat 1 status and rebuilding the squad to sustain a premiership team.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 am

wez1927 wrote:

Tan needs to win this Sala case and plough all the money into getting cat 1 status and rebuilding the squad to sustain a premiership team.

Wez,

That’s a long way way, the squad needs money this Summer, as I put out, I was told we will be getting a massive input this Summer.

I hope it’s true??

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:50 am

wez1927 wrote:

the problem i see with that is, do tan actually want to re invest it or does he want to pocket it and run ?

thats a big if he is going to even win the case which i personally dont think hes got a chance, but thats my opinion im just saying how i think.

i would love to see us have a cat 1 that would mean we are building the right foundations as a club to build a bright future, but again i cant see us doing that with tan incharge

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:51 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:First of all, I believed what he told us all last summer and he didn’t deliver. So this year I’ll judge it on what actually happens, not what he says.

But there’s a few interesting things there.

They won’t spend the money on extra coaches that would see us achieve Cat 1 status for the academy - that’s disappointing.

Dalman obviously wants Bulut to stay - hopefully that’s sorted soon.

Confirmed what I’ve been saying, we have exceeded expectations this season.

As I said the other day, Tan won’t sell to any bidder that involves Sam. Disappointing.

Says there will be investment in the playing squad. Like I said, I’ll only believe that when I see it. We need to spend money to compete for the top six.

Well said Ned,

We want Category 1 , but won’t spend to get it, that’s why our best coaches leave.

Dalman I will always take now with a pinch of salt.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:54 am

i for one are one of those who is very unhappy that sam isnt coming back, but im not shocked the man incharge of our beautiful club is a dictator with a massive ego that he cant just let go.

thats my say on that now onto dalman, so many times this season he promised the world to us fans and the manager, and he didnt deliver so i will never hold his word as gospel again, we need to now push this season our club and fans need it, we are a huge club who is really underperforming.

the biggest issue with us doing so bad is the club being very poorly ran for the last 10 years, things need to change asap.

if we dont invest this season then the board needs to sell up and we go a new direction

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

That’s a long way way, the squad needs money this Summer, as I put out, I was told we will be getting a massive input this Summer.

I hope it’s true??

I feel everything rest on the sala case , he won't sell if there's potentially 10s of millions coming in , maybe Keith can answer this , does any monies for cat 1 status fall outside ffp ? .

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I hope it’s true??

I feel everything rest on the sala case , he won't sell if there's potentially 10s of millions coming in , maybe Keith can answer this , does any monies for cat 1 status fall outside ffp ? .

i just dont want to be like his other club, its a shambles there and they all hate tan

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 am

kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I hope it’s true??

i just dont want to be like his other club, its a shambles there and they all hate tan

How does that answer what I've said you hate Tan we all get it it's boring , we Need cat 1 status , does a cash injection into the academy mean we can't buy players for the 1st team.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 am

Replies:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:14 am

wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I hope it’s true??

How does that answer what I've said you hate Tan we all get it it's boring , we Need cat 1 status , does a cash injection into the academy mean we can't buy players for the 1st team.

Yes Wez, I also hate Tan.

We can get Category 1 if we bring in better coaches so yes over to Tan the Dictator I hate and detest for stripping our club if it’s identity and Pride and lying to my face.

You are blinded by his bullshit , very sad.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:16 am

YES, We need to take all Dalmans talk as cheap, action speaks louder than words.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:24 am

wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I hope it’s true??

how is it boring to not want to support a man who has divided and destroyed our club ? i love our club and i feel he needs to go, i will never forgive for what hes done to us.

its ok that you love than its your right to do so, but i dont say its boring that you love him ?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I hope it’s true??

Yes Wez, I also hate Tan.

We can get Category 1 if we bring in better coaches so yes over to Tan the Dictator I hate and detest for stripping our club if it’s identity and Pride and lying to my face.

You are blinded by his bullshit , very sad.

Gone off topic once again, rebrand was 11 years ago like you said about people recently over sam coming back , move on stop living in the past ,back to the topic on this thread, do you know if any extra investment in the academy to get cat 1 status means that we can't spend money on the 1st team,coz if it does then I can see the clubs problem if it doesn't then the club are wrong for not doing everything to achive cat 1 status to stop the talent leaving .

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:27 am

Few things here:

Cat1 is something we need. Why not invest in an academy status which would help us keep our best talent. Even if they eventually ended up leaving after a good season in the 1st team, surely the money we would get would benefit us?

I've been saying all season we are punching above our expectations being where we are right now. I don't understand why people think we should be in the playoffs at a minimum.

If no talks are happening around selling the club, then is the big news of summer, that we are finally getting a director of football?

I do still believe that Bulut has earned a new contract.

kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I hope it’s true??

how is it boring to not want to support a man who has divided and destroyed our club ? i love our club and i feel he needs to go, i will never forgive for what hes done to us.

its ok that you love than its your right to do so, but i dont say its boring that you love him ?

Zzzzzzzzzz boring still not answer the question I put up just the normal bs about tan .

wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I hope it’s true??

I don't think it does Wez, academy and foundation etc all outside of that. I don't think we will be cat 1 anytime soon either.

FFP is looking very tight given the latest filed accounts even with a reduced loss and the three year moving average loss limit but as I understand it the recent specific changes will ease that.

So the headroom is there to invest for the 5/6 we need in I think. Whether Tan will further invest now when the championship is looking good for a crack next season is anyone's guess so another 3rd party loan I guess is the way but they are building up.

The ES case and potential cash in is I think is significant in Tans thinking and there's no guarantee that will be used in a future pot for us and that could take a while to happen anyway, so not a banker.

There appears to be some very key questions not asked last night too looking at the transcript but may have been.

Very interesting and somewhat revealing that MD said again that Tan would not sell specifically to Sam whilst saying there are no deals on the table.

Over to Tan now I guess and let's hope for some positive news, as we could have a realistic push next season.
Last edited by GrangeEndStar on Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 am

Roath_Blue wrote:Few things here:

Cat1 is something we need. Why not invest in an academy status which would help us keep our best talent. Even if they eventually ended up leaving after a good season in the 1st team, surely the money we would get would benefit us?

I've been saying all season we are punching above our expectations being where we are right now. I don't understand why people think we should be in the playoffs at a minimum.

If no talks are happening around selling the club, then is the big news of summer, that we are finally getting a director of football?

I do still believe that Bulut has earned a new contract.

We need cat 1 status ASAP

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:32 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I hope it’s true??

I don't think it does Wez, academy and foundation etc all outside of that. I don't think we will be cat 1 anytime soon either.

FFP is looking very tight given the latest filed accounts even with a reduced loss and the three year moving average loss limit but as I understand it the recent specific changes will ease that.

So the headroom is there to invest for the 5/6 we need in I think. Whether Tan will further invest now when the championship is looking good for a crack next season is anyone's guess so another 3rd party loan I guess is the way but they are building up.

The ES case and potential cash in is I think is significant in Tans thinking and there's no guarantee that will be used in a future pot for us and that could take a while to happen anyway, so not a banker.

There appears to be some very key questions not asked last night too looking at the transcript but may have been.

Very interesting and somewhat revealing that MD said again that Tan would not sell specifically to Sam whilst saying there are no deals on the table.

Over to Tan now I guess and let's hope for some positive news, as we could have a realistic push next season.

I think the club need to go all out to gain cat 1 status , we've lost potentially 5 1st team players to higher academy's in the last 2 years yes we've got a couple of million in compensation but that's peanuts compared to getting transfer fees if they would of made it

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:37 am

Wez, give it a rest, you are like broken record, your support for Tan and loyalty to him is noted, how about putting the club first and realise Tan is not outing the club first.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:40 am

wez1927 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I hope it’s true??

I think the club need to go all out to gain cat 1 status , we've lost potentially 5 1st team players to higher academy's in the last 2 years yes we've got a couple of million in compensation but that's peanuts compared to getting transfer fees if they would of made it

Wez, Category one we only have ourselves to blame for and the board should be blamed for this, put the money in and we would be category one, very simple or keep losing the players. They say they want to improve the club and the future, now let’s see it.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:43 am

Jeez, Tan and Dalman for at least another season. I despise the pair of them , no trust whatsoever.

Why is a grounds man involved in these talks?

Why won’t Tan sell to Sam? The man who kick started our journey out of the lower league. What did Sam do to offend him? FFS sell the club to him and leave our club in the hands of someone who loves and gets us, and you leave the club with gratitude from the fans. (I know anti -Sam fans are among us. But he never changed our colours or left scarves on our seats)

I guess investing in cat 1 coaches means less investment in the team s tricky one. Personally I would go with the academy

Identity, philosophy, what is it?

We have a dwindling fan base and atmosphere, over zealous stewards, no presence in the city, bay, vale or valleys. Kit only available in club shop not in town.

Communication is woeful, we feel unloved.

Our manager has one predictable boring Turkish league tactic, no variation or adaptability to the match in progress or the opponent. Why wasn’t that discussed? That’s the most important for me if he is re signing. It’s dreadful to watch repeatedly

It’s our anniversary season FFS give us something to be emotive and proud of, no mention.

Shit show continues it seems. At least there’s talk of investment, though it came from an MPs mouth. f**k him and Tan. So many bluebirds I know have lost the love because of them. They are gone.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:46 am

Think people need to look what is required for cat 1 status besides running costs in excess of £4m a season it also requires what basically is a mirror image of 1st team staff sports science ..neutrisnist physios ect ect so not a simple thing to do.... got the infrastructure just needs someone to finance it... as I've said previously man c and others arev trolling the world picking up youngsters for academies and tbh it's a no brainer for kids where to go... the strategy is academy kids are not part of ffp expenses but if sell them the millions they get is taken off ffp allowance.. losing 5 tells you why few make it to our 1st team. To potentially make club money we are left with good players like colwill not the wonder kids that have gone.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:47 am

Replies:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 am

wez1927 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

I hope it’s true??

I agree. It would also mean that in addition to not losing talent, we could also target both Cat 1 and Cat 2s and attract talent in to develop and sell on.

Cat 1 one is around £6M PA, Cat 2 is £2M. The Jacks dropped back to Cat 2 for this reason as expensive to maintain when outside the PL. But they made £46M from player sales because of it so the figures stack up to have it when circumstances allow. Only around 6 Championship clubs are Cat 1 now I believe but don't quote me on that.

I just don't think in reality we have the finances or appetite to do it yet, despite it being important. I think the focus for Tan now is what he's going to do immediately for next season and Cat 1 status is a future goal. It would also be attractive to a potential future buyer but in no way a deal breaker.

Also remember that even if we aren't Cat 1, talent is attracted to us if we are showing real ambition of achieving sustainable PL status anyway. If we are realistically in that position then we can target Cat 1s where talented players maybe in limbo as can't break through but would be attracted to a club on its ascendancy. Timing and all that.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:20 am

With Swans dropping to Cat 2, are there any other clubs local with Cat 1? If not, its a massive area we could pull from if we did go out and get Cat 1, short term pain for long term gain.

I also think it would appeal to Cardiff fans having youngsters comming into the team and boost crowds