Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ADAMS FOR DERBY

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:27 pm

Adams has had a great loan spell at derby , hes back to full fitness can he do a job for us or should we sell him ? .

Re: ADAMS FOR DERBY

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:22 pm

Big difference between League One and the Championship.

If they offer a decent amount for him, let him stay at Derby.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:05 pm

Adams is a great athlete, a physical destroyer, but not that technical. I have seen nothing in Bulut to suggest he cherishes those characteristics

We have Adams, Rinomhota, Ralls (c) Wintle & Siopis then need to add King and potentially Turnbull not forgetting there is J Colwell.

I am really looking forward to seeing King return

Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Big difference between League One and the Championship.

I think if a centre midfielder is playing one of the main roles, of a league one promotion side, there’s no reason they couldn’t replicate that in the championship.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:53 pm

cs_original wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Big difference between League One and the Championship.

I think if a centre midfielder is playing one of the main roles, of a league one promotion side, there’s no reason they couldn’t replicate that in the championship.

Depends on the player.

Plymouth have many of the same players they had when they won League One last season, but they’re struggling in the Championship.

You could argue Ipswich also came up but are doing well. I’d say that their players were always prepared for top of the Championship.

I just haven’t seen anything from Adams to suggest he’s good enough for this level. Not going to change my mind on that based on half a season with Derby.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:04 pm

Also depends on who is our manager next season ...

Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:46 pm

wez1927 wrote:Adams has had a great loan spell at derby , hes back to full fitness can he do a job for us or should we sell him ? .

I thought he was out of contract in June May well be wrong thou

Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:50 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Adams has had a great loan spell at derby , hes back to full fitness can he do a job for us or should we sell him ? .

I thought he was out of contract in June May well be wrong thou

3 year contract with option of 4 defo at least 1 year left .

Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm

A bit of talk today that Derby are already trying to make it permanent.

Give us a decent fee and I’d sell him.