Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bulut.....You're Embarrassing

Sat May 04, 2024 2:23 pm

Awful defensive starting lie up, tactics, motivation....again.

Get on that plane to Turkey quick. Imagine watching that nonsense again next season!

Rotherham no goals for ten games, only won for all season, relegated, put FIVE on us

A total embarrassment :old: :bluescarf:

Re: Bulut.....You're Embarrassing

Sat May 04, 2024 2:39 pm

I've supported Bulet but that was awful.

Sat May 04, 2024 2:48 pm

Almost as embarrassing as being almost happy we lost. Bet you were drooling at the thought of typing this as soon as the 5th went in.

Sat May 04, 2024 2:50 pm

To be fair to Wiggy and others, he’s been consistent in saying he doesn’t want Bulut to stay so can respect that.

It’s those who wanted him to stay two days ago but now want him to go that annoy me :lol:

Sat May 04, 2024 2:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:To be fair to Wiggy and others, he’s been consistent in saying he doesn’t want Bulut to stay so can respect that.

It’s those who wanted him to stay two days ago but now want him to go that annoy me :lol:

I change my mind 98 times a day haha.

And yes, I will give Wiggy that, he’s been consistent from the beginning. I’m more angry at the players than Bulut today. How they escape any responsibility is beyond me.

Sat May 04, 2024 3:15 pm

As I've been saying..what a shit manager..just can't see what's to like about him

Sat May 04, 2024 3:17 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:To be fair to Wiggy and others, he’s been consistent in saying he doesn’t want Bulut to stay so can respect that.

Tbh the most unforgivable performance of the season against our worst opponent of the season is bound to be a tipping point for even the staunchest of pro Buluts. My concerns started way back , pre Christmas. And I have been consistent as much as I loved our derby wins. My amazement that we were repeatedly watching the same stubborn defensive boring tactic week in week out home and away never mind who the opponent was many months back. Even in the cups. Even my 10 yr old Sunday league teams gaffer has a tactic change or two in him. Adapting to the opponents or scoreline. It’s bizarre , it’s my way or the highway, what message does that send out? and even more bizarre that people want this for another season knowing it will alienate many and leave many not renewing, something the club should be promoting and encouraging!! His only successes have been set pieces and 3 derby winners against teams that didn’t show up, The late winners when the board goes up with the extra minutes and the shackles come off and Colwill and co just go “to hell with this tactic we are going for it!”

Anti football and belongs where it was created
The Turkish league.

We deserve and can do so much better.

Look at the defeats, look at the goals scored, look at the number of shots on target. Lack of goals from open play. look at the shit show at Jackland, never mind today. Even Rooney did us.

It’s an opponents wet dream to plan for against us. Never mind the full backs against our inverted wingers narrow sideways play. And that midfield! I dispair.

One tactic, we know how we are going to play every single week.
Boring

Sat May 04, 2024 3:25 pm

It's shit to watch and if he stays he needs to up his game , if it's the same negative tactics then we will be a boring mid table team again .

Sat May 04, 2024 3:35 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:

Tbh the most unforgivable performance of the season against our worst opponent of the season is bound to be a tipping point for even the staunchest of pro Buluts. My concerns started way back , pre Christmas. And I have been consistent as much as I loved our derby wins. My amazement that we were repeatedly watching the same stubborn defensive boring tactic week in week out home and away never mind who the opponent was many months back. Even in the cups. Even my 10 yr old Sunday league teams gaffer has a tactic change or two in him. Adapting to the opponents or scoreline. It’s bizarre , it’s my way or the highway, what message does that send out? and even more bizarre that people want this for another season knowing it will alienate many and leave many not renewing, something the club should be promoting and encouraging!! His only successes have been set pieces and 3 derby winners against teams that didn’t show up, The late winners when the board goes up with the extra minutes and the shackles come off and Colwill and co just go “to hell with this tactic we are going for it!”

Anti football and belongs where it was created
The Turkish league.

We deserve and can do so much better.

Look at the defeats, look at the goals scored, look at the number of shots on target. Lack of goals from open play. look at the shit show at Jackland, never mind today. Even Rooney did us.

It’s an opponents wet dream to plan for against us. Never mind the full backs against our inverted wingers narrow sideways play. And that midfield! I dispair.

One tactic, we know how we are going to play every single week.
Boring

Well since you put it like that.....

I have to agree with you. I've been a fence sitter for most of the season and even this last week I thought maybe the board should at least give him a short term contract extension, say 12 months.

BUT the number of defeats racked up and some of them real hammerings have finally landed me in the Bulut out camp. If he can't inspire his team to play well against the worst team in the league by some distance, I don't see any hope for next season. He's so entrenched in his negative tactics I don't see him producing teams that play on the front foot, even if he had a sizable war chest available.

Sat May 04, 2024 5:55 pm

I'd say. He's earnt the right to stay. What he hasn't earned yet is an open chequebook!

We can't afford to have that type of manager. We need a 'coach' who improves the players we have. The jury is still out on that.

Sat May 04, 2024 7:52 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:Almost as embarrassing as being almost happy we lost. Bet you were drooling at the thought of typing this as soon as the 5th went in.

Actually no pal. I take no pleasure in my team getting there 'arris kicked, by the whipping boys of the championship
. If you're happy with that garbage, we might as well pack in!

Get your rose tinted's off and see the picture. The manager hasn't got a scooby!

:bluescarf: :old:

Sat May 04, 2024 7:56 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:Almost as embarrassing as being almost happy we lost. Bet you were drooling at the thought of typing this as soon as the 5th went in.

Actually no pal. I take no pleasure in my team getting there 'arris kicked, by the whipping boys of the championship

Get your rose tinted's off and see the picture. The manager hasn't got a scooby!

Sat May 04, 2024 8:02 pm

Wiggy wrote:

Yeah you’re right mate. Today was an embarrassment but I don’t think Bulut can take all the blame. The players need to take a portion too. Professional players capitulating like that isn’t acceptable.

I’m on the fence with Bulut, if he goes I won’t bat an eyelid, if he stays I’ll support him.

Sat May 04, 2024 8:37 pm

Wiggy wrote:Awful defensive starting lie up, tactics, motivation....again.

Get on that plane to Turkey quick. Imagine watching that nonsense again next season!

Rotherham no goals for ten games, only won for all season, relegated, put FIVE on us

So you don’t believe that the players are to blame for that embarrassing game

Sat May 04, 2024 10:53 pm

All that way today and that’s our reward it’s shameful

Sun May 05, 2024 12:55 am

Bebbsyboy wrote:
Wiggy wrote:Awful defensive starting lie up, tactics, motivation....again.

So you don’t believe that the players are to blame for that embarrassing game

Bebbs, Bulut is setting them up to fail.Two defensive midfielders, inverted wingers, how many times has that failed this season.
Playing a side that hasn't scored a goal for ten games, who made us look like the relegated side. Decent youngsters on the bench not started, Rubin given 20 minutes (again). His stubbornness is beyond belief every single week. Think many stopped playing for him a while back, hence the gaps with our creative talent. Could you seriously stand another season watching his style of football? The lack of season ticket sales, tells it's own story. :old: :bluescarf:

Sun May 05, 2024 6:19 am

It will be the last two results and the lack of season ticket renewals and new sales that will seal his fate in my opinion and for the record I have renewed. Teza :bluescarf:

Sun May 05, 2024 8:29 am

wez1927 wrote:It's shit to watch and if he stays he needs to up his game , if it's the same negative tactics then we will be a boring mid table team again .

This is why I think Tan is holding back on giving him a new contract. These last 2 performances will not give Tan confidence and who can blame him.

Sun May 05, 2024 8:42 am

After numerous games like yesterday I am honestly now not for Bulut.

Enough of so many dreadful performances

Sun May 05, 2024 9:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:After numerous games like yesterday I am honestly now not for Bulut.

Enough of so many dreadful performances

Annis you are known to say Luck balances itself out through a season. Well this season luck has been on our side. The league table suggests we have improved compared to last season and that is down to winning what 9 games more. Just how many of those wins were freak ones? Preston away and Ipswich at home come to mind. Then lets look at the late winners where we were very luck to come away with the points, Sunderland away being the one that stuck out.

Overall we can look at TLG's thread of us not winning by more than 2. Then you look at our loses where most of them were comfortable wins for our opponents. Once we went behind in those games we never look like getting back. I only recall one game where we came out and that was Plymouth at home.

We rode our luck this season and it does beg the question have we really improved?

Sun May 05, 2024 9:27 am

wez1927 wrote:It's shit to watch and if he stays he needs to up his game , if it's the same negative tactics then we will be a boring mid table team again .

I don't think he can play any other way which for me means we will be in a relegation fight next season.

Think about it, we finished mid table cos of the good start we had to the season until clubs sussed us out and realised we've only got one style

If he stays it'll be the same resulting in a relegation fight. He will be sacked before Christmas, then we have to find a new manager whilst once again paying up a sacked managers contract.

Get rid now and let a new manager build this summer for next season.

Sun May 05, 2024 9:34 am

I travelled there and that was a another knew low, Bulut piss off

Sun May 05, 2024 9:35 am

I didnt say anything yesterday.

I think the shock took over at how we managed to get hammered by the worst team in the league.

Wiggy, you and I have not always had the same opinion on the football or the manager, and whilst I am still of the opinion that Bulut has earned a new contract, I am slowly becoming less and less concerned about him staying.

I do think that the players have just as much responsibility in taking the blame for those performances, lack of effort, no passion and ultimately already on the beach.

The players that played yesterday I've shared my opinion on if we should keep them or if realistically they can f off.

Horvath - Keep, been important for us

M. Romeo - Go, not good enough.
R. Conte - Keep, young, hungry
O. Tanner - Keep, but not as a defender.

C. O'Dowda - Tough one, good player but injured a lot. Keep.

R. Wintle - Can't wait to see the back of him.

N. Phillips - Sad to see him leave.

M. McGuinness - Keep. We need him.

D. Goutas - Keep

J. Bowler - Inconsistent - go.

M. Siopis - Not bothered either way.

J. Colwill - Keep

F. Diédhiou - End of loan, thank god.

D. Turnbull - Keep.

R. Colwill -Keep.

C. Ashford - Keep. Needs to start next season.

Obviously those names are just the ones involved yesterday. Sad to see Grant go, and would like to keep Ng and the youngsters, other than that, complete rebuild.

Sun May 05, 2024 9:45 am

On the other thread, after alot if deliberation I voted Yes to renewal of contract for Bulut.

After reading the above, I probably should've said 'No'.

I can't argue with any of the points made against Bulut.

I've renewed my ST, but I dread sitting through another season of turgid, passionless, anti-football with the away supporters going home happy most of the time!

Sun May 05, 2024 10:26 am

Roath_Blue wrote:I didnt say anything yesterday.

I think the shock took over at how we managed to get hammered by the worst team in the league.

Wiggy, you and I have not always had the same opinion on the football or the manager, and whilst I am still of the opinion that Bulut has earned a new contract, I am slowly becoming less and less concerned about him staying.

I do think that the players have just as much responsibility in taking the blame for those performances, lack of effort, no passion and ultimately already on the beach.

The players that played yesterday I've shared my opinion on if we should keep them or if realistically they can f off.

Horvath - Keep, been important for us
M. Romeo - Go, not good enough.
R. Conte - Keep, young, hungry
O. Tanner - Keep, but not as a defender.

C. O'Dowda - Tough one, good player but injured a lot. Keep.

R. Wintle - Can't wait to see the back of him.

N. Phillips - Sad to see him leave.

M. McGuinness - Keep. We need him.

D. Goutas - Keep

J. Bowler - Inconsistent - go.

M. Siopis - Not bothered either way.

J. Colwill - Keep

F. Diédhiou - End of loan, thank god.

D. Turnbull - Keep.

R. Colwill -Keep.

C. Ashford - Keep. Needs to start next season.

Obviously those names are just the ones involved yesterday. Sad to see Grant go, and would like to keep Ng and the youngsters, other than that, complete rebuild.

Ultimately Roath we both want the best for Cardiff City, whatever that may be. The whole club needs to
change it's mindset, from the top down, for us to succeed. Oh for a knight in shining armour, who sees the great potential in
the capital city of Wales.If we can get things right, there's stilla bright future for the bluebirds. :old: :bluescarf: