Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Which manager do you want to manage us next year?

Poll ended at Tue May 14, 2024 4:08 pm

Bulut
20%
Cooper
64%
Warnock
4%
Other
13%

Total votes : 55

Which manager would you choose?

Sat May 04, 2024 4:08 pm

Personally it would be Cooper...

Re: Which manager would you choose?

Sat May 04, 2024 4:18 pm

Bulut because he has earned the right to stay.

I feel it would be unfair to let him go.

I will also say that Cooper won’t be coming to us anytime soon.

Warnock is a has been who couldn’t cope with full time work at Aberdeen.

Sat May 04, 2024 4:20 pm

Kloop.

Sat May 04, 2024 4:23 pm

stickywicket wrote:Kloop.

Is he any relation to that guy Klopp ? Could be a good shout if so.

Sat May 04, 2024 4:30 pm

stickywicket wrote:Kloop.

I’m a bit surprised the OP didn’t offer us the option of the dream ticket of Paisley and Ferguson.

It’s about as realistic as Cooper.

Sat May 04, 2024 4:35 pm

Steve Cooper is not an unrealistic target.

He won’t get a PL job, so will need to drop down to the Championship.

Sat May 04, 2024 4:56 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:Steve Cooper is not an unrealistic target.

He won’t get a PL job, so will need to drop down to the Championship.

It won’t be to us though.

The only way Bulut won’t stay (I think he will) is if he doesn’t get money for new players.

If they don’t do that for Bulut then they won’t for anyone else.

Sat May 04, 2024 4:58 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Bulut because he has earned the right to stay.

How has he earned the right to stay, his football is awful to watch,the majority of the games we have won have been pure luck. We only deserved to win a handful of the 20 games we won,and we've been battered quite a few times otherwise and hardly drawn any games.

I've been consistent ALL season same as Wiggy. Bulut is not the answer he is really not a food as manager as everyone is making him out to be. Appaling football and zero plan b.

Sat May 04, 2024 5:14 pm

nobby wrote:

How has he earned the right to stay, his football is awful to watch,the majority of the games we have won have been pure luck. We only deserved to win a handful of the 20 games we won,and we've been battered quite a few times otherwise and hardly drawn any games.

I've been consistent ALL season same as Wiggy. Bulut is not the answer he is really not a food as manager as everyone is making him out to be. Appaling football and zero plan b.

The luck evens itself out over 46 games, I know that and you know that.

I know I sound like a stuck record but he has earned the right to stay because of exceeding expectations in terms of league position. I would expect to see a better style with better players next season.

If that doesn’t happen, I’ll hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

Sat May 04, 2024 5:18 pm

Ipswich manager please or same ilk

Sat May 04, 2024 6:25 pm

There are much better managers out there. Managers who will play front foot football!

All this nonsense that Bulut doesn’t have the players to do it…. They are human being and can/should adapt to any system that’s put in front of them. We all work and sometimes have to step into roles that we aren’t familiar with and are expected to flourish. This group of players have no spine!

Bulut’s style is perfect for Turkey where every team plays anti-football.

Sat May 04, 2024 6:39 pm

Personally Cooper
Realistically Bulut
Wishful Thinking Warnock

IF Nuno Espirito Santo ever vacate his spot at forest I would not mind having him at our club.

Sat May 04, 2024 6:49 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Personally Cooper
Realistically Bulut
Wishful Thinking Warnock

IF Nuno Espirito Santo ever vacate his spot at forest I would not mind having him at our club.

Realistically we could go and get anyone we wanted (if Tan opened his chequebook).

Bulut isn’t cheap, but his football is bargain basement.

Sat May 04, 2024 7:48 pm

nobby wrote:

Spot on Nobby I repeat I would drive him to Istanbul tomorrow, shocking beyond belief today. A side that hadn't scored for 10 games, relegated, only four wins all season, put five on us and hit the bar....afterwards he blames the ref!

Thanks for getting us safe, but get back in the Turkish league where your draconian tactics belong ! :old:

Sat May 04, 2024 9:16 pm

Wiggy wrote:
nobby wrote:

Spot on Nobby I repeat I would drive him to Istanbul tomorrow, shocking beyond belief today. A side that hadn't scored for 10 games, relegated, only four wins all season, put five on us and hit the bar....afterwards he blames the ref!

Thanks for getting us safe, but get back in the Turkish league where your draconian tactics belong ! :old:

I'd share the drive with you. :lol: :thumbup:

Fair play to you you've been consistent about Bulut and I have to agree 100 per cent. I've always said he's not the best manager too and we're never a top 6 side

Sat May 04, 2024 9:32 pm

Definitely Cooper for me but I just can’t see him coming to us nor us affording him.

He’ll be looking for a Prem appointment but if he wants a challenge with his home team then I guess he’d be welcomed with open arms !!

Sat May 04, 2024 9:41 pm

Id doubt he’ll even consider us now but mark robins would be welcomed by me.

Sat May 04, 2024 10:42 pm

The main question should be what wage are the club going to pay and who would work with the chairman ;)

We can all play fantasy football ;)

Sat May 04, 2024 10:45 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:The main question should be what wage are the club going to pay and who would work with the chairman ;)

Bulut is on very good wages. He’s completely out of his depth in the Championship.

Sat May 04, 2024 10:51 pm

Experience in the champioship good eye for a bargain and somebody who doesn’t mind getting lied to this is a tough 1 perhaps Craig Bellamy or Neil Lennon it doesn’t matter what we think the truth is we will have the cheapest gulable yes man there is out there fact

Sun May 05, 2024 9:29 am

I think Cooper is the obvious choice but the unrealistic one.

Sun May 05, 2024 9:38 am

If Bulut goes, then for me I'd like to have Tim Walter.

Young, attacking focused and relatively cheap.

Sun May 05, 2024 9:45 am

Having the ability to play attacking football by a forward thinking manager whether young or old doesn't garauntee top 6 or any position in league ....sane manager could be top 6 one season following season bottom 6 with same players! Need to stick with Bulut .

Sun May 05, 2024 9:45 am

Please Tan Sri don't give Bulut a new contract, you'll regret it.

Go and get Danny Rohl from Sheffield Wednesday.

Tue May 07, 2024 3:06 pm

Out of those 4 Cooper.

Tue May 07, 2024 5:23 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:The main question should be what wage are the club going to pay and who would work with the chairman ;)

We have always paid our managers well ,the myth is that we don't.

Tue May 07, 2024 7:22 pm

montyblue wrote:Ipswich manager please or same ilk

Is that the Premier League bound Ipswich manager...? :o :shock:

You sure do open yourself up on occasion, Monty... :(

Personally, I'm with Worcester on the Bulut train and thinking he deserves the opportunity to take us forward in positive mode... :ayatollah:

Tue May 07, 2024 7:53 pm

Bulut needs backing in the transfer window and another season. He’s worked miracles with freebies and what we had. Be interesting where he could get us next season.

Failing Tan sorting that contract then I’d be interested to see if the club could get Liam Roseinior in seeing as he’s just been sacked by Hull