Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you think Erol Bulut has done enough to warrant a new contract?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: End of the season poll “ Bulut in or out? “

Sun May 05, 2024 11:16 am

Bulut in for me, but check back in 10mins cause I might have changed my mind again. :lol:

Sun May 05, 2024 11:22 am

For me it boils down to one question. Do I have faith in Bulut to build a new team or improve the current one ? The answer is a resounding NO.

He's very media savvy and appears to know what he's talking about but endless dire performances and frequent hammerings suggest otherwise.

It's so easy to make excuses for him; the embargo, injuries etc etc but the bottom line is that he appears out of his depth managing a Championship side and appears to have learnt very little over the course of the season.

Sun May 05, 2024 11:22 am

I just read the Neil Harris quote about the Jacks and thought who would I have chosen Harris or Bulut? I preferred Harris !!!!!

Surely the club and I very much doubt it, would have had a plan if Fiorentina or a bigger club than us came calling for Bulut :o

Getting rid of a manager mid-season is scary, but Lamouchi went and we got this experienced guy 99.9% of us hadn't heard of and a season later we are split right down the middle if he is any good, so going now is better than later

Sun May 05, 2024 11:32 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Bulut in for me, but check back in 10mins cause I might have changed my mind again. :lol:

In know, he has turned me schizophrenic
I was out last night with about 10 of us, 8 are city fans although only 4 have season tickets those who regularly attend and we wanted him gone, the ones who only catch five or six games a season (as well as tv) wanted him to stay and i think thats the problem for me.
On stats, he has done OK, but the real-life football is stomach-turning boredom and can i be arsed to walk to and from the train stations in the driving rain on cold wet and windy days to be bored senseless and maybe nick a 92nd-minute winner or get bollocked 4-0 without intending to attack.

I can't see him staying

Sun May 05, 2024 11:39 am

Even my twelve year old daughter said its pathetic football dad. Watched them home and away until the Swansea no show. That was a criminal performance.

I said after the 1 0 win against millwall we were watching negative football in a library. Nothing has changed. He can't motivate the team, no plan b and plan a is a mind numbing watch. Definite no for me.

Sun May 05, 2024 11:46 am

No, i don't like him & there's better manager's out there.

Sun May 05, 2024 1:37 pm

davids wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:Can we really afford another rebuilding season??

Can we really afford another season of "entertainment" like we've just had?

Since Tan has owned us only 2 managers have secured PL football, both had 3 years… speaks volumes that if you give a manager time it can happen

Sun May 05, 2024 1:41 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
davids wrote:

Since Tan has owned us only 2 managers have secured PL football, both had 3 years… speaks volumes that if you give a manager time it can happen

Should we have given Morison, Hudson, Slade, Mick and Harris all more time?

Sun May 05, 2024 1:44 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
davids wrote:

Should we have given Morison, Hudson, Slade, Mick and Harris all more time?

Hudson inherited a shite squad with no transfer window, he was buggered from day 1.

Bulut has a better record than each of those managers. Slade was dreadful and was setting us up for L1, Harris and Morrison were told to do the same. Mick was told to keep us up. You also missed Sabri. He deserved a contract but Tan doesn’t like being told what’s best, Sabri was a Dalman appointment too.

Sun May 05, 2024 1:59 pm

I want better football but I also don’t want to get relegated.

Careful what you wish for guys…

Bulut in, just for the future safety of the club.

But I also expect to see better improvement in his second season.

Sun May 05, 2024 2:09 pm

It's a rebuild if Bulut stays.. either way it's going to cost. Depends if you want more of the same, I guess?

Sun May 05, 2024 4:22 pm

We have time for a rebuild.

We had the 4th oldest (avg age squad) at the start of the year.

We need to let a manager build a team of his own players, as opposed to mish mash.

Sun May 05, 2024 7:21 pm

I would say yes he deserves another contract :bluescarf:

Sun May 05, 2024 7:21 pm

JB1 wrote:

It's a rebuild if Bulut stays.. either way it's going to cost. Depends if you want more of the same, I guess?

Buluts made a start, so now needs time to build on what he’s started, another manager will start from scratch and we’ll be back at square one again.

Are you happy to sit mid table every season because we start off with a new manager every year who wants his own players in???

I’d rather give Bulut time and back him, it’s proven before, the only 2 managers who provided PL football for us both had 3 years, all other managers have had 3 months to a year!!

Mon May 06, 2024 4:27 am

They had longer because they got results.

Mon May 06, 2024 10:44 am

Cardiff_CPT wrote:They had longer because they got results.

Buluts had better results, he’s had better percentage win rate than the others