Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chairman of Championship Club Pays:

Mon May 06, 2024 12:59 pm

Just had breakfast with a few Hull City fans who travelled all the way to Plymouth last away game.

When they got on their coaches, they were all given their monies back by their Chairman for their loyal Support.

Amazing Gesture :thumbright:

Re: Chairman of Championship Club Pays:

Mon May 06, 2024 1:29 pm

A great gesture indeed and one that a few other clubs could consider at a reasonably small expense to thank their fans for making the effort to travel away.

Seem to remember our club paying for the coach trip to Ipswich for a midweek game a few years ago and a trip to Swansea also.

They also paid for coaches to Derby after snowgate and Rotherham after floodgate.

Sky paid for coaches to Liverpool in our first stint in the Premier League and to Brighton after the first game was postponed for fog when we were about a mile from the ground.

Any others I've missed?

Mon May 06, 2024 2:06 pm

davids wrote:A great gesture indeed and one that a few other clubs could consider at a reasonably small expense to thank their fans for making the effort to travel away.

Seem to remember our club paying for the coach trip to Ipswich for a midweek game a few years ago and a trip to Swansea also.

They also paid for coaches to Derby after snowgate and Rotherham after floodgate.

Sky paid for coaches to Liverpool in our first stint in the Premier League and to Brighton after the first game was postponed for fog when we were about a mile from the ground.

Any others I've missed?

David,

Your right other clubs should note.

As to our playing for those games, they only ended up paying for 2 coaches max on each of those trips.

Bridgend / Valley coaches all had to pay their own.

Mon May 06, 2024 2:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:A great gesture indeed and one that a few other clubs could consider at a reasonably small expense to thank their fans for making the effort to travel away.

Any others I've missed?

David,

Your right other clubs should note.

As to our playing for those games, they only ended up paying for 2 coaches max on each of those trips.

Bridgend / Valley coaches all had to pay their own.

Not exactly generous are they? :lol:

Mon May 06, 2024 2:24 pm

And if I also remember correctly thr first time we were in the Premier League every club was given £250,000 to be used to help their away supporters in whatever way they saw fit.

Stoke used the money to provide free away travel for their supporters for the whole season and other clubs (even the JBs) used the money to provide subsidised tickets and travel for their away supporters.

What did we do? If I recall correctly our club spent all of the money on improving facilities for away supporters at our stadium and used none of the money to benefit our own supporters.

Sometimes I think that the club couldn't give a shit about it's own fans.