Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Vincent Tan / Erol Bulut / The Offer “

Thu May 09, 2024 9:05 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reply:

I wish some would stop saying its not an erol bulut team, it is !!!!!

NG,McGuiness, Collins & O'Dowda were here; Not a bad quartet and he extended Wintle and Ralls FFS !!!! It is his team.

You don't go into a club and demand 16 players........

It's been his team alright, and his style of football. As a season ticket holder I dread having to watch another season of that awful football. Finished 12th, but how many games out of 46 could you have said 'we were the better team' ? 3 or 4 at most. He's brought in some very, very average players on decent wages. Lucky to have 1yr IMHO...

Mate, and who do you think will come here on a one year contract offer?

Re: Updated: “ Vincent Tan / Erol Bulut / The Offer “

Thu May 09, 2024 9:06 am

I remember reading up on social media when he signed and alot of Turkish people said hes a good guy but he plays not to lose and try to get the 1 nil win and the football wont be pretty.

Thu May 09, 2024 9:07 am

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 09, 2024 9:08 am

Logie wrote:I remember reading up on social media when he signed and alot of Turkish people said hes a good guy but he plays not to lose and try to get the 1 nil win and the football wont be pretty.

I was actually let down by his never say die or attacking football and will to win.

We got slaughtered loads of times.

And gave up.

Re: “ Vincent Tan / Erol Bulut / The Offer “

Thu May 09, 2024 11:21 am

barnet blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reply:

I wish some would stop saying its not an erol bulut team, it is !!!!!

NG,McGuiness, Collins & O'Dowda were here; Not a bad quartet and he extended Wintle and Ralls FFS !!!! It is his team.

You don't go into a club and demand 16 players........

It's been his team alright, and his style of football. As a season ticket holder I dread having to watch another season of that awful football. Finished 12th, but how many games out of 46 could you have said 'we were the better team' ? 3 or 4 at most. He's brought in some very, very average players on decent wages. Lucky to have 1yr IMHO...

Mate, and who do you think will come here on a one year contract offer?

I think the club is still an attractive proposition for a manager. Capital city, 33k stadium, halfway Championship finish, within FFP rules - that's better than most in this league..

Thu May 09, 2024 11:44 am

No quality players will come here if the Manager(EB or other) is on a 1 year contract. How anyone is supposed to build a team with that nonsense I don't know.

Thu May 09, 2024 1:06 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 09, 2024 1:06 pm

Replies:

Thu May 09, 2024 1:07 pm

Replies:

Thu May 09, 2024 2:22 pm

Isn't it difficult for us with FFP to just chuck cash at any manager ?

Fri May 10, 2024 8:36 am

Ridiculous only offering Bulut a one year contract , ok the last couple of games were terrible , but you cannot keep changing a manager every season its madness , the way Tan works its a wonder he can get anyone interested in coming to Cardiff , he’s a joke & will ruin this club , he wants a Champagne lifestyle on a Prosecco budget for the club !

Fri May 10, 2024 9:24 am

A board meeting in a couple of hours.

Fri May 10, 2024 9:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:A board meeting in a couple of hours.

Sounds as if bulut as given them his final request now it's upto tan to give final answer from club... at least by end day should have resolution.... so can move on

Fri May 10, 2024 10:04 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Sounds as if bulut as given them his final request now it's upto tan to give final answer from club... at least by end day should have resolution.... so can move on

I have a funny feeling we’ll be ‘moving on’.

Fri May 10, 2024 10:30 am

PeterWooly wrote:Ridiculous only offering Bulut a one year contract , ok the last couple of games were terrible , but you cannot keep changing a manager every season its madness , the way Tan works its a wonder he can get anyone interested in coming to Cardiff , he’s a joke & will ruin this club , he wants a Champagne lifestyle on a Prosecco budget for the club !

Last couple remember Xmas time

Fri May 10, 2024 10:32 am

rumpo kid wrote:No quality players will come here if the Manager(EB or other) is on a 1 year contract. How anyone is supposed to build a team with that nonsense I don't know.

The average managers time in the championship isn't much more than a year .didn't sopsis and goutas sign last your ?

Fri May 10, 2024 10:36 am

wez1927 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:No quality players will come here if the Manager(EB or other) is on a 1 year contract. How anyone is supposed to build a team with that nonsense I don't know.

The average managers time in the championship isn't much more than a year .didn't sopsis and goutas sign last your ?

It's 10 months, with an average of 15 being sacked per season over the past 10 years. He's in the higher performing percentile just by lasting a full season.

Fri May 10, 2024 10:40 am

SB 1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

It's 10 months, with an average of 15 being sacked per season over the past 10 years. He's in the higher performing percentile just by lasting a full season.

Agree ,so the length of time isn't really that much of an issue ,Dave Jones was on a year rolling contract if I remember rightly , the samecpeople bashing the club about mick McCarthy contract now want to give bulut a long contract it's madness .

Fri May 10, 2024 10:54 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes you would have thought it would be a yes without board meeting... which makes me feel it's a final offer from bulut rather from tan..

Fri May 10, 2024 1:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes you would have thought it would be a yes without board meeting... which makes me feel it's a final offer from bulut rather from tan..

Would be nice to be a fly on the wall in that meeting. I wonder if Ken Choo even speaks, it's probably just Tan and Dalman thrashing it out and Ken just sits there. His wage could be so much better spent on a DOF position coz he appears to bring very little to the table.

Hopefully we'll know what the hell is happening later today/tomorrow.

Bulut staying on or a tried and tested manager from elsewhere would do me fine, actually not that bothered. Just no Morrison, Dave Jones or any other previous manager please...unless a Malky return is on the cards...imagine that!!!

Fri May 10, 2024 1:55 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Would be nice to be a fly on the wall in that meeting. I wonder if Ken Choo even speaks, it's probably just Tan and Dalman thrashing it out and Ken just sits there. His wage could be so much better spent on a DOF position coz he appears to bring very little to the table.

Bulut staying on or a tried and tested manager from elsewhere would do me fine, actually not that bothered. Just no Morrison, Dave Jones or any other previous manager please...unless a Malky return is on the cards...imagine that!!!

No ex managers.. but Bulut or tried tested manager would be ideal wont hold breath though as Morrison high on list so it goes .....

Fri May 10, 2024 2:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Maloby_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

No ex managers.. but Bulut or tried tested manager would be ideal wont hold breath though as Morrison high on list so it goes .....

Disaster for me!!
Failed at non league so gets chance at a championship club (if it happens). Pure madness.

Fri May 10, 2024 2:42 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Maloby_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Disaster for me!!
Failed at non league so gets chance at a championship club (if it happens). Pure madness.

Think his team was runner way leaders until went into efl.. but a disaster if came here as means won't be spending anything substantial in transfer window!

Fri May 10, 2024 3:16 pm

What happened the “exciting” news in the summer that was raised on this site a few weeks ago then !!??

We’ve gone from that to having Morison back !! That’s a hell of a leap !!

I was a bit suspicious that the exciting news was only raised on this forum and nowhere else !! Hope we get something though.

Fri May 10, 2024 3:44 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Wow! Under Tan...? :?

Appreciate what Malky did; but would he really be welcomed back when he was the orchestrator of his own downfall and by default our relegation...?

Most agree he forced Tan's hand and he's done little since...

Fri May 10, 2024 4:04 pm

Chris you have a PM :thumbup:

Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

Replies:

Fri May 10, 2024 9:36 pm

PeterWooly wrote:Ridiculous only offering Bulut a one year contract , ok the last couple of games were terrible , but you cannot keep changing a manager every season its madness , the way Tan works its a wonder he can get anyone interested in coming to Cardiff , he’s a joke & will ruin this club , he wants a Champagne lifestyle on a Prosecco budget for the club !

The last couple of games.... :laughing5: you obviously didn't watch the rest of the season :banghead:

Sat May 11, 2024 4:26 pm

MikeO76 wrote:

The last couple of games.... :laughing5: you obviously didn't watch the rest of the season :banghead:

Agree f*cking useless, so inconsistent

Sat May 11, 2024 6:06 pm

Sadly I’m not shocked. Only way we’re going to move on as a club is getting rid of Tan. I really don’t know how long this will take. I fear for the coming years.