Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Ex Bluebirds Released ‘

Fri May 10, 2024 8:12 am

Bogle among four ex-Bluebirds released by Newport

Omar Bogle is among four ex-Cardiff City players to be released by Newport County at the end of the campaign.

The League Two side announced their retained list yesterday and Bogle, who scored 27 goals in 86 games for the Exiles, was named among those leaving.

The other ex-Cardiff players include goalkeeper Joe Day and academy graduates James Waite and Sam Bowen, he son of former Bluebirds man Jason Bowen. Another ex-Bluebird, Aaron Wildig, is said to be in talks over a new contract with the club.

The Rodney Parade outfit finished 18th in League Two this term.

Re: ‘ Ex Bluebirds Released ‘

Fri May 10, 2024 8:42 am

I remember when they tought wildig was going to be another ramsey, he did look good the times I seen him but he just never made it

Fri May 10, 2024 9:18 am

kyle08 wrote:I remember when they tought wildig was going to be another ramsey, he did look good the times I seen him but he just never made it

Kyle,

The media and City board made out these players were real quality and our future, most can’t even get in Newport County’s team and been released, so how the hell were they going to make Championship players.

Joe Day and academy graduates James Waite and Sam Bowen, he son of former Bluebirds man Jason Bowen. Another ex-Bluebird Wilding is being offered a new contract for the League 2 club.

Fri May 10, 2024 11:08 am

Remember some saying we were crazy to let Sam Bowen go But looks like city were right

Fri May 10, 2024 1:02 pm

Abergavenny wrote:Remember some saying we were crazy to let Sam Bowen go But looks like city were right

Correct, without a doubt we were right.

Sat May 11, 2024 11:25 pm

All getting older these days - they have had their day ....But good luck to them if they can keep fit for another club .