Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Latest on Aaron Ramsey:

Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:40 pm

Ramsey has already been having extra physio and treatments and is this Summer working out more than ever.

Ramsey from what i was told wants to make sure he is more than ready for pre-season and has already been working out on weaknesses.

Not only is Ramsey seeing physio’s etc

He’s training non stop in the Vale Gym

If we can start with a very fit Ramsey, for me this will be a massive boost for Erol Bulut:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Latest on Aaron Ramsey:

Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:00 pm

Great news and fingers crossed for the real Rambo to return...! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ramsey has already been having extra physio and treatments and is this Summer working out more than ever.

Ramsey from what i was told wants to make sure he is more than ready for pre-season and has already been working out on weaknesses.

If we can start with a very fit Ramsey, for me this will be a massive boost for Erol Bulut:

It would certainly be better than any signing we can afford.

I still think if he can start 25 games we have a real chance of the playoffs. Yes, he is still that good.

Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:43 pm

I hope to see him in more games this year.

I don't think he will play as big a part as some might think, but even having his mentorship to Colwill has to be a bonus.

Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:48 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Ramsey has already been having extra physio and treatments and is this Summer working out more than ever.

I still think if he can start 25 games we have a real chance of the playoffs. Yes, he is still that good.

Not hyperbole, he improves the players around him.

Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:51 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Totally agree. He was a huge miss last season and it probably upset him to play so few games for us. Fingers crossed it goes well for him this season.

Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:35 pm

It was good to see him come back and I felt for him when all went wrong. He's done 'the full tour'. He had his Cardiff debut at 16 years 123 days and his Fa cup final debut at 17 years 143 days. He then went on to have a successful career with Arsenal and other top clubs and now he's back at Cardiff in his 34th year. He's had the success and fame, for his clubs and his country - now he has come home. Let's hope he can play for a couple of years and earn promotion with us. It would be a fitting end to a great playing career.

Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:37 pm

A fit ramsey will be the best player in the championship by a mile .

Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:22 pm

Total waste of money imo
He won't even get through the pre season games sadly.
and be put for months again. Time to knock it on the head. If only he was ten years younger and with us.

Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:44 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Total waste of money imo
and be put for months again. Time to knock it on the head. If only he was ten years younger and with us.

God, I wouldn't jump into a life boat with you. Have some positivity. It was gutting that Ramsey only got a handful of games last year but harsh to write him off as a waste of money. He's a fantastic ambassador for the club and if he has a bit more luck he can still have a very important cameo role in the team next year. Get behind him.

Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:40 pm

What????????????? He improves every player around him when he's on the pitch & his injury could have happened to anyone. He just needs to manage his playing time a little better & not play every game. Head & shoulders above just about every player in the championship & wants to play for us, playing or not he is one of us & we should be supporting him not talking utter shit about him being a waste of money.

Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:55 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:

God, I wouldn't jump into a life boat with you. Have some positivity. It was gutting that Ramsey only got a handful of games last year but harsh to write him off as a waste of money. He's a fantastic ambassador for the club and if he has a bit more luck he can still have a very important cameo role in the team next year. Get behind him.

There nothing to be positive about he will be out injured again before the season actually starts I'm sure just going off past records sadly. Maybe we should all be "positive" about some player on daft money who's out injured more than he plays I guess. Not for me eitherway nore do I toe the don't be negative shite others post as I'm a realist.

Like I said if only he was ten years younger and with us although he wouldn't be around long and sold for sure as they was his best days if that was the case :bluescarf:

Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:56 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:

What????????????? He improves every player around him when he's on the pitch & his injury could have happened to anyone. He just needs to manage his playing time a little better & not play every game. Head & shoulders above just about every player in the championship & wants to play for us, playing or not he is one of us & we should be supporting him not talking utter shit about him being a waste of money.

You say "What?????"

Maybe read it agakn :bluescarf:

Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:37 pm

wez1927 wrote:A fit ramsey will be the best player in the championship by a mile .

Wez,

A fully fit Ramsey definitely one of the best in the league, but thinking logically, is he actually better (right now) than say Summerville or Gnonto?

Thats a big shout.

Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:21 pm

Not only is Ramsey seeing physio’s etc

He’s training non stop in the Vale Gym

Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:43 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:A fit ramsey will be the best player in the championship by a mile .

Wez,

A fully fit Ramsey definitely one of the best in the league, but thinking logically, is he actually better (right now) than say Summerville or Gnonto?

Thats a big shout.

To be honest I think he is probably still better and more effective than both of those if we get 25+ games out of him.

Not many players are capable of completely dominating a game like that home game against the Jacks. Even Ashley Williams agreed with that !!

Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:23 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:

Wez,

A fully fit Ramsey one of the best in the league, but thinking logically, is he actually better (right now) than say Summerville or Gnonto?
Thats a big shout.

Those two whilst excellent players they can go missing if dont get the ball? In Rambos case he demands the ball and is calm while controlling game saw it on the occasions he was fit...... also he's not the same type of player as the other two are ...being the best is matter of opinion but he's definitely amongst the best

Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:41 am

Would absolutely love to see him play in as many games as possible..Massive for us I wish him well he deserves it he works very very hard good luck AR keep going mate

Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:59 am

When he came on at half time at West Brom, he was half fit and absolutely bossed the game. His pressing, intelligence and movement lifted the whole team and his link up with Rubin cut them apart.

Come on Rambo, close out your story and get into the history books!!

Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:30 am

Praying we can see a lot more than we did last year but I’m edging on the cautious side as he seems extremely vulnerable at this time in his career and the championship can sometimes take no prisoners.
Fingers crossed.