Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Trouble: ‘ Cardiff / Luton ‘

Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:28 pm

Cardiff v Luton.. 1994

FACUP Ninian Park

Luton won 2-1

Cardiff fans fuming with the defeat invade the pitch and run at Luton Fans in the Grange
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Trouble: ‘ Cardiff / Luton ‘

Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:29 pm

Cardiff fans fuming with the defeat invade the pitch and run at Luton Fans in the Grange
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:29 pm

Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:30 pm

Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:30 pm

Cardiff fans

Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:32 pm

Cardiff fans

Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:33 pm

Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:33 pm

Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:49 pm

Remember the game [*]well ,normally after losing a game like that I'm pissed off for a couple of days but after that game I was pissed off for months, Remember the guy with glasses coming out of the canton stand and running practically the length of the pitch ,and loads of trouble in the ground ....

Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:07 pm

Sure Hartson played that day, also wasn't 1 of the goals offside.

I also remember it kicking off and police horses coming in the Bob bank at one stage.

I remember one guy outside just in his purple socks, I said where's your trainers gone mate, he said I threw them at the Luton fans. :lol:

Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:37 pm

Reply Ian Warboys Luton Fan :

A bloody madhouse that day :lol:
We got a coach down and stopped at Newport for a couple as it wasn't planned to get there so late ..Got dropped off at 315 15 minutes after KO ..The ground was bouncing...No one was too bothered by those who came on the pitch but more those on the side ..As you looked further up there was some big lumps watching what was going on at the front...Luton lad had gas and tried to spray a steward who somehow managed to get it off him and he sprayed back with several Luton fans getting it ..Loads and loads of ob outside after but you felt they wanted us get a hiding :lol: .Not many would of been able to compete with Cardiff that day

Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:04 pm

Reply Ian Warboys Luton Fan:

Annis Abraham had a good few lads down but no one was together...Funny the ob told us to wait opposite the supporters club for our coach no coach and ob started walking off one laughing saying put a Welsh accent on and you'll be alright :lol:

Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:19 pm

When the game was over:

Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:42 am

Reply:

Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:07 am

I remember the goal and the a player was clearly offside under the rules that applied in those days.

If we had won e would have reached the 6th round something we hadn't achieved for many decades. I think Nathan Blake missed the game as he was about to sign for Sheff Utd? He might have made all the difference.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:02 pm

think Luton had west ham in the next round ...

Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:10 pm

Caztheturkk wrote:think Luton had west ham in the next round ...

I thought Newcastle.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:45 pm

You could be correct, but sure they played West ham later on could have even been at Wembley, so long ago can't remember without checking :old: ....

Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:55 pm

Caztheturkk wrote:You could be correct, but sure they played West ham later on could have even been at Wembley, so long ago can't remember without checking :old: ....

I may be wrong too mate :old:

Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:40 pm

Controversial goal , player was off side but under the new rules he wasn’t interfering with play so was deemed on side . I was in the bob bank , Hartson taken off half time as he was having a stinker , crowd on his back , linesman ran for his life when the final whistle went