Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EROL BULUT TO SIT DOWN WITH:

Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:28 pm

Erol Bulut will next week Sit down with Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo and discuss which new players he wants this Summer.

Owner Vincent Tan has pledged his full backing as Bulut is looking at, at least reaching the play-offs next season and the top two will also be in their sights.

Some of the delay with regards to Bulut signing his new deal was because he wanted assurances over the recruitment of players this summer as he bids to mount a charge at the top six and Vincent Tan has assured him he will get the backing.

While the transfer window has opened today, Cardiff have until August 30 to shape Bulut's squad. It is understood he wants at least one striker and two if his budget will pay for it, at least one winger and a commanding central midfield player. The defence is also thin centrally, too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EROL BULUT TO SIT DOWN WITH:

Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:29 pm

SO FAR:

Matthew Turner pens new Cardiff City deal:

For the First Team / Goalkeeper / age 22

Played for Haverfordwest County and Aberystwyth

Matthew Turner has extended his stay with the Bluebirds, putting pen to paper on a new two-year contract, which will run until the summer of 2026.

The 22-year-old goalkeeper joined the Bluebirds in 2021 and has since been regularly involved in First Team squads, working alongside fellow shot-stoppers Ethan Horvath and Jak Alnwick in the 2023/24 campaign.

Turner has also gained experience in the Cymru Premier, having previously had loan spells at Haverfordwest County and Aberystwyth Town.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:30 pm

SO FAR:

Raheem Conte has put pen to paper on a new one-year contract in the Welsh capital, with the option included for a further year.

Comti who will be 22 year-olds this year joined the Bluebirds in August 2022, having previously played within Queens Park Rangers' youth setup.

Conte impressed on his First Team debut in a 2-1 victory over Southampton in April, ending the 2023/24 campaign with three Sky Bet Championship appearances.

Commenting on his new deal, he said: "I'm very pleased. On the back of last season and the momentum I had, I just want to take that into the new season.

"When I made my debut, it was surprising the way that I took it into my stride to be honest. Everyone was supporting me and when I came on, I felt like I had to make an impression and I feel like I did well.

"It was a very positive end to the season and I want to make sure that it doesn't go to waste, so I'll be continuing to work hard."

Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:32 pm

SO FAR:

James Rowberry Aged 39, recently managed Newport County in League 2 and has been appointed by the Cardiff City Board to be Erol Buluts Assistant Manager.

James Rowberry says that he learned "pure coaching" from Slade and Trollope, while under Warnock he learned "pure management".

He also credits Mick McCarthy with advising him on the role of being a manager prior to taking over at Newport.

James Rowberry believes Newport County were on the correct path under his guidance but acknowledges poor results cost him his job as manager.

But Rowberry has been sacked after a disappointing start to the season, with the Exiles 18th in the League Two table.

"Ultimately as a manager you are judged on results," Rowberry said.

“We haven't had the results we had hoped for this season.”

"I felt the team were always on the correct path and I have no doubt the team will progress within the league and achieve better results in the coming months, especially with key players due to come back from injury.”

"However, I respect the board's decision and I would like to personally thank the board, the sporting director Darren Kelly, the general manager Nigel Stephenson and especially the chairman Gavin Foxall.”

"Finally, to the supporters of Newport County AFC, thank you for your support, love and passion."

Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:39 pm

Would have preferred the discussions to have been this week not next week - no time to waste.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:44 pm

Call me petty but why are we waiting this long to decide ?

Couldn't the talks of been weeks ago, nothing amazing me anymore honestly

Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:00 pm

Maybe the delay is because club been sorting out the finances to pay for what bulut wanted? Dont see a rush of clubs getting players in at moment either because Contracts up on July 1st so plenty time to negotiate with agents ......patience is a virtue so they say. :mrgreen:

Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:54 pm

Dalman and Bulut have been talking virtually every day over the last 6 weeks and most of the targets have been identified for months

Whether we get them is another matter

Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:57 pm

Good to see we are not leaving things late this season ...

Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:15 pm

Should have already had scouted and developed a starting shortlist as early as January…

Need to always be a window ahead if you want to increase your chances of landing your targets or quickly adjusting to plan B, C etc.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:27 pm

kyle08 wrote:Call me petty but why are we waiting this long to decide ?

Couldn't the talks of been weeks ago, nothing amazing me anymore honestly

Think this is spot on.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:37 am

Totally agree, as soon as bulut signed they should have sat down then and thrashed things out. Just typical with those clowns. No urgency

Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:43 am

How can anyone be negative about this? I love this site but come on. I dislike the board more than most but there’s no need to pick holes in every single thing they do.

Positive that talks are happening and positive that funds have been promised. Proof is in the pudding, let’s wait and see

Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:29 am

Underhill1927 wrote:How can anyone be negative about this? I love this site but come on. I dislike the board more than most but there’s no need to pick holes in every single thing they do.

Positive that talks are happening and positive that funds have been promised. Proof is in the pudding, let’s wait and see

Well said its from the usual suspects the negativity Simon.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:02 am

wez1927 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:How can anyone be negative about this? I love this site but come on. I dislike the board more than most but there’s no need to pick holes in every single thing they do.

You know me, always happy to have a pop at Tan but there’s no reason to here.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:11 am

Underhill1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

You know me, always happy to have a pop at Tan but there’s no reason to here.

People obviously do & will find a reason!
:mrgreen:

Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:41 pm

As I mentioned, a well run club already has their plans in place well before the window opens.

It’s mediocre if only now we are having these discussions. We are used to mediocre, doesn’t mean we can be asking for better as fans.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:18 pm

MillenniumNova wrote:

As I mentioned, a well run club already has their plans in place well before the window opens.

It’s mediocre if only now we are having these discussions. We are used to mediocre, doesn’t mean we can be asking for better as fans.

Couldn't the plans be in place and now sitting down to make final decisions bulut been eying up players for ages if you believe what he's said previously..Dont see a mega rush of clubs buying lots of players after day one of window. :o

Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:46 pm

Remember - there was a plan in place months ago from the manager - If we were to move forward :bluebird:

Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:39 pm

Let’s hope so.

All players scouted, ranked in order of preference and per position.

If he is gonna be backed, then it’ll exciting to see who we target.

I think we can definitely dip into European player markets and try bring in some hidden gems.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:42 am

Don't no to what extent the backing is but let's all hope we get some good players in especially a striker it's desperate now .we've had so many loan players over the last few seasons they go back to there clubs .it leaves a huge hole in the team no consistency to be able to develop a team .we need our own players now and stop relying on loans .you need your own players in have a full season playing with each other to learn.
Then the season after it should all start to come together.
It's so difficult to gain any success with the team drastically changing every season with so many players in and out.
That's the way I see it

Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:27 am

We need 2 back to goal strikers as its clear EB wants this in his strikers, then a decision on Etette.

I feel we need wingbacks rather than wingers, Erol isn't a gun ho attacking manager. I can see NG as the outside of three centre halfs, if a decent bid doesn't come in (i don't think it will). I think he'll bin the inverted wingers.

Loads of CM's and 10's and Davies and Ashford look inside forwards

Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:14 pm

Spot on! Bulut knows his squad, its a working relationship. They're not coming into it cold. Sounds very positive that Bulut delays were due to him wanting reassurances of funds (smart move).

All positive to me.