Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kevin Campbell dies RIP

Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:22 am

former Cardiff Arsenal and Everton icon Kevin Campbell, 54, has died, a former teammate has said.

Campbell was admitted to hospital at the end of May, but no details as to- the nature of his illness were made public at the time. Both Arsenal and Everton posted short statements after Campbell had been hospitalised.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... n-32950562
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Kevin Campbell dies RIP

Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:04 am

Former Arsenal and Everton striker Kevin Campbell has died at the age of 54 after a short illness.

Campbell scored 148 goals in 542 appearances across spells with eight clubs during his career.

Everton said earlier this month he became ill in May and was "very unwell" in hospital.

"We are devastated to learn that our former striker Kevin Campbell has died after a short illness," said Arsenal.
"Kevin was adored by everyone at the club. All of us are thinking of his friends and family at this difficult time. Rest in peace, Kevin."

Everton said: "Everyone at Everton is deeply saddened by the death of our former striker Kevin Campbell at the age of just 54.
"Not just a true Goodison Park hero and icon of the English game, but an incredible person as well - as anyone who ever met him will know. RIP, Super Kev."

Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:05 am

RIP Kevin

Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:46 am

R.I.P Kevin, thoughts go out to his family

Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:36 am

RIP

Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:49 am

RIP. If I remember correctly when we signed him, he wasn’t the player he was in his prime, far from it and coming to the end of his career. But one of the big reasons we signed him was because he was such a great character and would be great man to have around the place

Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:36 pm

cs_original wrote:RIP. If I remember correctly when we signed him, he wasn’t the player he was in his prime, far from it and coming to the end of his career. But one of the big reasons we signed him was because he was such a great character and would be great man to have around the place

Thats correct, he was right at the end of his career and played in the 2006/7 season. He was 36 when we signed him and though apparently he played 19 times for us i think most of those must have been as a sub because Chopra and Steve Thompson were the main strikers that season.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:30 pm

Sad News RIP .

Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:38 pm

Rip Kevin Campbell

Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:18 am

Sad news, travelled in the car with him to my mates football presentation in the valleys. Seemed like a lovely bloke RIP