Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New player of interest.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:29 am

A player we are very interested in, is in the Scotland squad ;)

Re: New player of interest.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:42 am

S. McTominay

Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:06 am

I’m sure there are 100’s of players in the various squads at the Euros’s we are “interested” in but we will probably end up with the scragg ends from the Championship like we usually do!!

Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:13 am

Che Adams... Out of contract.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:17 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:I’m sure there are 100’s of players in the various squads at the Euros’s we are “interested” in but we will probably end up with the scragg ends from the Championship like we usually do!!

That's the spirit!! :laughing6:

Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:10 pm

Lawrence Shankland from Hearts would be my guess. Very good goal scoring record for them

Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:43 pm

Stuart Armstrong is on a free after leaving Southampton.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:29 pm

I'm sure we were linked with Craig Forrest previously?

Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:40 pm

Scotland Euro 2024 squad: The final 26-man team
GK: Angus Gunn (Norwich City)
GK: Zander Clark (Rangers)
GK: Liam Kelly (Motherwell)
DF: Andy Robertson (Liverpool)
DF: Kieran Tierney (Real Sociedad)
DF: Jack Hendry (Al Ettifaq)
DF: Ryan Porteous (Watford)
DF: Liam Cooper (Leeds United)
DF: Scott McKenna (FC Copenhagen)
DF: Grant Hanley (Norwich City)
DF: Greg Taylor (Celtic)
DF: Anthony Ralston (Celtic)
DF: Ross McCrorie (Bristol City)
MF: Callum McGregor (Celtic)
MF: Ryan Christie (Bournemouth)MF: John McGinn (Aston Villa)
MF: Kenny McLean (Norwich City)
MF: Scott McTominay (Manchester United)
MF: Stuart Armstrong (Southampton)
MF: Ryan Jack (Rangers)
FW: Che Adams (Southampton)
FW: Lawrence Shankland (Hearts)
FW: James Forrest (Celtic)
FW: Tommy Conway (Bristol City)
FW: Lewis Morgan (New York Red Bulls)
MF: Billy Gilmour (Brighton & Hove Albion)

Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:01 pm

Another “look at me, I’m ITK” post. You’d have thought he would’ve learned his lesson by now, but he clearly hasn’t. :reindeer:

Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:57 pm

I'm guessing it's one of the Celtic lads, maybe Turnball has bigged one of them up to Bulut???

Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:59 am

Probably the lad from Bristol City as we do like to sign players from the wurzels and haven't had one for a while.

As long as it's not that donkey Grant Hanley.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:57 am

Its not the 80's anymore.

There are databases and databases of player information, players agents will be reaching out to any prospective club trying to raise interest in "x" or "y", any international tournament increases players' values/salary expectations.

Our chief scout/head of recruitment should have been scouring the world to find eligible talent, so I would guess that they and about 150 others have Scottish players in their persons of interest column of their spreadsheets.

Apart from the obvious "big" names, it's quite an old squad full of good pro's who did well to get to a second tournament. Issack Davies would have scored a load up there.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:06 am

Why don't you just say the name ?.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:13 am

If I had a choice I would pick Lawrence Shankland.

I have watched him a few times this year and he knows where the net is.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:15 am

Paul Keevil wrote:If I had a choice I would pick Lawrence Shankland.

I have watched him a few times this year and he knows where the net is.

Yup me too. It’s the position that we’re crying out for goals too. Also, he’ll be keen to do well and (maybe negative but realistic) if he does well we could get a big transfer fee too if / when we sell on.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:10 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:Another “look at me, I’m ITK” post. You’d have thought he would’ve learned his lesson by now, but he clearly hasn’t. :reindeer:

Why on earth do you bother to read my posts, I do know the name but it is because I have negative nellies like you who had a go at me in the past when signings just don't work out, that I will not put on here any names that I have been given.
Go get a life and again i say why waste your life reading anything i post :banghead:

Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:29 pm

Igovernor wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:Another “look at me, I’m ITK” post. You’d have thought he would’ve learned his lesson by now, but he clearly hasn’t. :reindeer:

Why on earth do you bother to read my posts, I do know the name but it is because I have negative nellies like you who had a go at me in the past when signings just don't work out, that I will not put on here any names that I have been given.
Go get a life and again i say why waste your life reading anything i post :banghead:

I think his point is.

You aren’t actually giving any information and are literally posting about knowing a name that you ain’t giving out.

As an aside.

I’ve got a horse that’s a sure fire winner in the 1715 today at Thirsk.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:06 pm

Igovernor wrote:

I think you should just name the player mate , what's the point in posting bits of it ? .

Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:47 am

Maccydear wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

I think his point is.

You aren’t actually giving any information and are literally posting about knowing a name that you ain’t giving out.

As an aside.

Id actually believe your horse tip over the pure made up rubbish he posts to be honest.

Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:10 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Maccydear wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

I think his point is.

As an aside.

Id actually believe your horse tip over the pure made up rubbish he posts to be honest.

It won, I promise.

Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:19 pm

Maccydear wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
Maccydear wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

I think his point is.

As an aside.

It won, I promise.

What it won the donkey derby? :clap:

Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Maccydear wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
Maccydear wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

I think his point is.

As an aside.

It won, I promise.

What it won the donkey derby? :clap:

1715 at Thirsk

Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:27 pm

Andy Robinson just spotted outside Howells school

You're welcome

Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:58 pm

wez1927 wrote:Why don't you just say the name ?.

cos he doesnt know :roll: .......love him hes so desperate to be ITK ....yet knows buggar all !!!

Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:47 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Andy Robinson just spotted outside Howells school

You're welcome

Fills the gap we need and makes sense :thumbup:

Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:58 pm

Igovernor wrote:A player we are very interested in, is in the Scotland squad ;)

Scott McKenna

Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:31 pm

i can see why roger dont want to post a name, so many toxic posters who seem to have one against him ?

we are all city fans at the end of the day there is no need to slate someone who might have a little inside information!

hes had a few right over the years aswell as a few that didnt come off but later proven to be a target...

Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:39 pm

kyle08 wrote:i can see why roger dont want to post a name, so many toxic posters who seem to have one against him ?

we are all city fans at the end of the day there is no need to slate someone who might have a little inside information!

hes had a few right over the years aswell as a few that didnt come off but later proven to be a target...

Have to agree Kyle.
Nobody is forced to read or respond to Roger’s messages. :bluescarf:

Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:59 pm

i also realised while trying to be in the defence of igovner i used my phone and wrote igov for short and phone used ian :lol: :lol: not a great start for me that haha