Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/t isle of wight festival

Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:46 pm

Anyone on here going to the isle of wight festival next week ? , I go each year and see lots of Cardiff and wales tops in the crowd

Re: O/t isle of wight festival

Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:14 pm

Not a fan of Glastonbury then Wez?

Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:12 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:Not a fan of Glastonbury then Wez?

Been a couple of times but it's a bit of a shithole .prefer isle of wight tbh .

Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:53 pm

Ah right, might have to look into that one. Always fancied Glastonbury but it's always sold out ridiculously quickly

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:09 am

Cardiff_CPT wrote:Ah right, might have to look into that one. Always fancied Glastonbury but it's always sold out ridiculously quickly

Cost my boy £400 for a ticket :o

Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:27 pm

Jock wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:Ah right, might have to look into that one. Always fancied Glastonbury but it's always sold out ridiculously quickly

iow early bird was 220 each for weekend with camping , but I've upgraded to pink moon camping, private area etc cost 500 for a 4 berth tent but there's no waiting for showers or toilets , private bar with dj and food vans . All in all about 1k with ferry parking ect

Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Jock wrote:

iow early bird was 220 each for weekend with camping , but I've upgraded to pink moon camping, private area etc cost 500 for a 4 berth tent but there's no waiting for showers or toilets , private bar with dj and food vans . All in all about 1k with ferry parking ect

That’s decent

Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:49 pm

Jock wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Jock wrote:

That’s decent

I go most years now

Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:36 pm

This year's line up is good for the 1980s and 1990s gang . :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:41 pm

I'd turn my hearing aid off if that lot was in my back garden.
Long gone are the days of Hendrix and Dylan at that the Isle of Wight festival.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:46 pm

stickywicket wrote:I'd turn my hearing aid off if that lot was in my back garden.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:11 pm

£1000 for a festival, thats a bit sharp, cheaper to go and watch Wales play Gibraltar and a week in the Algarve, though you would have to put up with the footy of course! :banghead:

Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:38 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:£1000 for a festival, thats a bit sharp, cheaper to go and watch Wales play Gibraltar and a week in the Algarve, though you would have to put up with the footy of course! :banghead:

That's me and Mrs and 4 berth tent already put up tho .

Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:£1000 for a festival, thats a bit sharp, cheaper to go and watch Wales play Gibraltar and a week in the Algarve, though you would have to put up with the footy of course! :banghead:

Otherwise known as the old man package. More than worth the extra money though.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:35 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Otherwise known as the old man package. More than worth the extra money though.

Too right, just turn up with my alcohol and cloths :lol:

Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:39 pm

wez1927 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:I'd turn my hearing aid off if that lot was in my back garden.

Very good Wez,fact is it was better in my day,
1970 With Hendrix confirmed, artists such as Rory Gallagher, Cactus, Chicago, the Doors, Lighthouse, the Moody Blues, the Who, Miles Davis, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell, Jethro Tull, Sly and the Family Stone, Ten Years After, Emerson, Lake & Palmer and Free also took part.
was your granny there Wez