Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GREAT PLAYERS MAYBE LEGENDS NO WAY

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Any chance of a new poll of greatest City players i know its a generation thing but some of the picks..........well they're just not right im afraid and disrespectful to the true legends.

Re: GREAT PLAYERS MAYBE LEGENDS NO WAY

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Everyone came from a different Generation of players, so think of different players in different ways. Nowdays, the "new fans" will probably think of Bellamy as a legend just because of his status. Where as yourself will think of Phil Dwyer as a legend because of your era ect. (assuming) So it's not really disrespecting a certain "Legend", just other fans have different views.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:33 pm

Maybe a list from every decade would have been better there must be 100s of good players to pick from. Depending how far you can go back will decide who is the most popular. There are names on the list who were not even great players just popular at the time.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:35 pm

since 64 wrote:Any chance of a new poll of greatest City players i know its a generation thing but some of the picks..........well they're just not right im afraid and disrespectful to the true legends.

The Ninian Park Pub asked us for 11 players, we could only put a MAX of 25 up, We have tried and tried to put more up to choose from.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Yeah fair comment Annis but surely to be a legend there must be some qualification, how about games played there are some names on there who played or have played less than a dozen games,Legends yes City legends no.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:55 pm

I think its cringeworthy that Bellamy is getting so many votes. No way is he a CCFC legend........yet. :ayatollah: