Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Off The Pitch - Essential Changes & Concerns '

Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:35 am

Good that Rowberry is back as first team assistance as we should then be more attack minded and he knows the club well from the academy upwards :thumbright: so there should also be a clear pathway for the "manufacturing" side of the the clubs business.

The only worry I have that is with Gavin Chesterfield.

He got the academy job and has never played at an elite level but did a sterling'ish job with Barry town United. But he only started an "Academy" there as you have to have it to play in the Welsh PL, and TBH, he wasn't that bothered about it, it was a token gesture to further his ambitions. TBH, it was awful compared to the other Welsh sides despite having better than average facilities.

He's a nice bloke but his rep is better than 'training the trainers', so they get fairly decent jobs but I don't get the feeling that he's the real deal to develope our youngsters.

That an entirely different skill set and goal.

Far too many "tick box theory coaches', with Sports Science 'Degrees". And the game and players suffer from people with personal ambition, no experience but quite handy giving pointless platitude PowerPoint presentations presenting perfect presentations on ideals learned from s book.

I hope I'm wrong about this as you have to progress in any profession, but even if you do a ChatGPT, the underlying fact at an elite level, you go with proven pairs of hands. Basic risk management.

We should also bring back Andy Dibble, Morison made a big mistake getting rid of him and I'm my opinion, our general GK standard has dropped since he left. And he was so good with the fans as a Bluebird through and through. And it showed.

When I get chance, I'll also update the Forumwatch list but it takes ages as I like to make sure I get the best links.

Be Lucky.

Re: ' Off The Pitch - Essential Changes & Concerns '

Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:16 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:Good that Rowberry is back as first team assistance as we should then be more attack minded and he knows the club well from the academy upwards :thumbright: so there should also be a clear pathway for the "manufacturing" side of the the clubs business.

He got the academy job and has never played at an elite level but did a sterling'ish job with Barry town United. But he only started an "Academy" there as you have to have it to play in the Welsh PL, and TBH, he wasn't that bothered about it, it was a token gesture to further his ambitions. TBH, it was awful compared to the other Welsh sides despite having better than average facilities.

He's a nice bloke but his rep is better than 'training the trainers', so they get fairly decent jobs but I don't get the feeling that he's the real deal to develope our youngsters.

Far too many "tick box theory coaches', with Sports Science 'Degrees". And the game and players suffer from people with personal ambition, no experience but quite handy giving pointless platitude PowerPoint presentations presenting perfect presentations on ideals learned from s book.

I hope I'm wrong about this as you have to progress in any profession, but even if you do a ChatGPT, the underlying fact at an elite level, you go with proven pairs of hands. Basic risk management.

We should also bring back Andy Dibble, Morison made a big mistake getting rid of him and I'm my opinion, our general GK standard has dropped since he left. And he was so good with the fans as a Bluebird through and through. And it showed.

When I get chance, I'll also update the Forumwatch list but it takes ages as I like to make sure I get the best links.

Be Lucky.

Excellent post cheers :thumbup:

Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:56 am

The deal still hasn’t been finalised.

Regarding Chesterfield definitely not the same levels as David Hughes. He’s never been exposed to the same high performance environments. His role at the FAW he was known for being incredibly slow to respond and to assess things. Let’s face it he’s not the brightest and his cameo photo appearances in a cheap suit is pretty cringe worthy. Then again the club likes to employ yes men across the board.

Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:00 am

The best we had at academy level never played at elite level Mainly Matthew Crocker He went to Southampton and look what came from their academy and now i believe in High in the English Youth System.
Elite level player does not always make a great youth coach

Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:36 pm

Rowberry isn't done yet, theres complications the club has run into

Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:13 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Good that Rowberry is back as first team assistance as we should then be more attack minded and he knows the club well from the academy upwards :thumbright: so there should also be a clear pathway for the "manufacturing" side of the the clubs business.

Be Lucky.

Fergie never really reached an 'Elite level' as a player - probably the best manager ever.