Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

There are some complications

Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:10 am

There are some complications between James Rowberry and Cardiff City at the moment.
They can’t come to an agreement on his position and Bulut not sure if he wants him as his number two?

Re: There are some complications

Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:35 am

Paul Abbandonato put this out:

“ We spoke to other managers during May, the Rowberry deal isn’t a certainty, the club feel there needs to be some Championship experience in the coaching staff.”

Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:14 am

Ninian27 wrote:There are some complications between James Rowberry and Cardiff City at the moment.
They can’t come to an agreement on his position and Bulut not sure if he wants him as his number two?

I did wonder how that would work, I thought Bulut would want his own man and might have thought of it as the Owners/Boards spy in the camp.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:30 am

Bluebina wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:There are some complications between James Rowberry and Cardiff City at the moment.

I did wonder how that would work, I thought Bulut would want his own man and might have thought of it as the Owners/Boards spy in the camp.

Rowberry isn't joining as assistant, just a first team coach, so its just more coaches added. i think it has to do with Newport wanting the rest of his contract paid up in full. even though he was sacked they are still paying out his contract and we would have to cough up i think it was either a 2 or 3 year deal.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:37 am

bluebird04 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Rowberry isn't joining as assistant, just a first team coach, so its just more coaches added. i think it has to do with Newport wanting the rest of his contract paid up in full. even though he was sacked they are still paying out his contract and we would have to cough up i think it was either a 2 or 3 year deal.

Surely the compromise is we'll pay him from now on to save you paying him otherwise call their bluff, say okay you can carry on paying him to sit at home and we will find someone else, and tell Gonzo they can't have any more players on loan.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:28 am

bluebird04 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Not sure it works like that..I think the club that sacks managers usually pay their wages in full until they get another job

Hence the reason Graham Potter has sat on his arse for the last 18 months picking up his huge Chelsea salary because in essence he would have to take a pay cut to start managing another team

Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:39 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Not sure it works like that..I think the club that sacks managers usually pay their wages in full until they get another job

Hence the reason Graham Potter has sat on his arse for the last 18 months picking up his huge Chelsea salary because in essence he would have to take a pay cut to start managing another team

In the absence of anything else in his contract, the legal position is that the club who sack the manager are required to continue paying his wages up to his contract ending. However the manager has an obligation to mitigate the situation by trying to find alternative suitable employment. The problem occurs where pay in the new job is less than the old one. The manager would in theory be entitled to claim the difference from Newport. This may be the issue as we may be trying to pay less than we normally would, expecting Newport to pick up the difference. Another job for our lawyers!

Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Paul Abbandonato put this out:

“ We spoke to other managers during May, the Rowberry deal isn’t a certainty, the club feel there needs to be some Championship experience in the coaching staff.”

Not often I agree with decisions from the hierarchy but this is spot on. Bulut's inexperience in this league was evident last season.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:04 pm

Dont really think Rowberry brings anything new to the table or anything else for that matter. If he couldnt do it in League 2 then doubt he is up to it in Championship again, rather Bulut have his own man.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:50 pm

Not returning now according to

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=239595

Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:34 pm

Bring back sol!