Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Sory Kaba ‘

Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:32 pm

Cardiff City fans' favourite Sory Kaba has been told he can leave UD Las Palmas this summer, according to reports in Spain.

Kaba only scored one goal in 17 appearances for Las Palmas last season.

Kaba, who has a deal there until 2027, has been told he can leave permanently on a free or on loan.

The forward was arguably the most important signing Cardiff have made in recent years, with eight goals in his first 14 appearances for the Bluebirds a huge reason for them avoiding the potentially ruinous drop to League One.

For the Bluebirds when Kaba was on loan here he scored 8 goals in 17 appearances.

For his previous Danish club Kaba scored 20 goals in 73 appearances Midtjylland Denmark.
But when Kaba went out on loan to OH Leuven (loan) he scored 10 goals in 28 appearances.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Sory Kaba ‘

Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:58 pm

Thought it was strange they gave him such a long contract and he’s struggled in Spain.

He was a strange player for us. Scored goals but didn’t do anything else. Problem with that is when the goals dry up, there’s no point in him playing.

But if he could score goals for us like he did before then I’d take him back, probably on loan.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:44 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Thought it was strange they gave him such a long contract and he’s struggled in Spain.

He was a strange player for us. Scored goals but didn’t do anything else. Problem with that is when the goals dry up, there’s no point in him playing.

But if he could score goals for us like he did before then I’d take him back, probably on loan.

If we are only allowed five loan players I would take him back as a Free Transfer. We need a more proven goalscorer, at this level, but in Isaak Davies and Kaba we could have two players who know where the net is and, cost to us, just their wages

Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:17 pm

I'm hoping for better than this donkey .

Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:19 pm

wez1927 wrote:I'm hoping for better than this donkey .

“This donkey” saved your mate Tan millions of pounds and further embarrassment

Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:19 pm

Not sure he's Buluts cup of tea.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:33 pm

If he's free then we should go for him

Scored some important goals and kept us up IMO

Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:34 pm

:laughing6: yeah we need better but Kaba's a bit better than a donkey but it did make me laugh.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:39 pm

We are looking for a CF who can score in the championship and we have no money

Snap him up, kept us up 15 months ago

Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:59 pm

He doesn't do so well playing as a lone centre forward as his hold up play is pretty poor. When he played for us he played in a top 2 in a 352 formation. To my knowledge Bulut does not play that way.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:35 pm

Very strange player..I thought he was a dreadful player who added virtually nothing to the team

Then from nowhere he popped up with a stunning goal

I wouldn’t want him back even if he did score some vital goals for us in the past

Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:42 pm

8 goals in 17 games
We have plenty of those strikers at the club lol

Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:47 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:

:lol: oh come on he was rubbish .

Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

The stats say otherwise. He scored the goals we needed to stay up.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:14 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Very strange player..I thought he was a dreadful player who added virtually nothing to the team

Then from nowhere he popped up with a stunning goal

I wouldn’t want him back even if he did score some vital goals for us in the past

Agree

Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:15 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:17 pm

Reply:

Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:31 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

What about his stats in Spain?

You can’t deny that apart from the goals, he did nothing for us. So when the goals stop, no point in playing him.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:51 pm

I can't see him being an EB player who wants to protect the ball and move upfield as a unit.

Kaba just knows where the net is, an amazing skill for a pro footballer but he isn't a back-to-goal forward and I believe thats important to EB. As soon as he leaned Ugbo wasn't that he didn't play him much.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:58 pm

I spoke to him at las palmas airport after he left us said he would have loved to stay and would love to come back and wished us well for the season
Did what you require from a striker scored importany goals and regular and got the fans going i could see nothing wrong with him apart from a bit on the fitness side but he made a great contribution to our survival so would be happy as a substitute striker for us.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:35 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

What about his stats in Spain?

You can’t deny that apart from the goals, he did nothing for us. So when the goals stop, no point in playing him.

Not Denying that but Wes said he was rubbish for us and I completely disagree.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:48 pm

Goals win games and his stats says it all when he was here , we could of been right in the shit if it weren’t for him , and he was awsome with the fans especially away games , would be a good addition I think but yeh not too great on the ball lol but deffo be good to be around the squad

Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:43 pm

Kaba done well when he was here - But we have a different manager in now who might want his own type of striker ???

Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:22 pm

Pick him over Etete every day of the week.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:51 am

Reply:

Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:44 am

Last year, maybe. Not if we want to push on and go for top 6.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:12 am

8 goals in 17 games is a pretty good ratio, if he played a full season at that rate he’d score 20+ goals.. that looks like not a bad deal on a free..

Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:46 am

Kenny Blue wrote:8 goals in 17 games is a pretty good ratio, if he played a full season at that rate he’d score 20+ goals.. that looks like not a bad deal on a free..

He would have got even more if he hadnt missed those pens! (2 or 3 misses wasnt it?!)

Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:10 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:
Kenny Blue wrote:8 goals in 17 games is a pretty good ratio, if he played a full season at that rate he’d score 20+ goals.. that looks like not a bad deal on a free..

He would have got even more if he hadnt missed those pens! (2 or 3 misses wasnt it?!)

Seem to remeber him hitting the cross bar penalty away at rotherham but as said he would in my book be a good sub 20 30 mins and better than that donkey we had from granada last season and better than etete and meite .

Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:30 pm

1 goal in 17 games last season is not a good ratio.

If we were signing a striker we didn’t know anything about who scored 1 in 17, we wouldn’t be happy.